Sign in to follow this  
Smile

New Owner/Chairman

n1NLhs6T?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1239691918101135362

Rangers mystery investor revealed as real estate mogul Stuart Gibson

The Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet the current Ibrox regime as Dave King prepares to step

Property funding expert Stuart Gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into Rangers and becoming the most influential figurehead in the Ibrox boardroom.

Record Sport can reveal the Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see Dave King step away from his position as chairman.

Paisley born Gibson has made his fortune in the Far East since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company ESR boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

It’s understood the life-long Rangers supporter was initially attracted to the idea of investing in the club around six months ago after discussions with current director George Taylor, a senior investment banker with Morgan Stanley, based in Hong Kong.

Gibson has secretly attended a number of games during that time including a Betfred Cup semi final win over Hearts in November and the defeat to celtic in December’s final.

Gibson had also planned to be at Ibrox for Sunday’s Old Firm derby before it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

magic8ball and Blumhoilann like this

I won't link to DR & im on my mobile but I see front page of DR has a headline that says "REVEALED - Millionaire Property Tycoon Set to take over at Rangers" 

EXCLUSIVE! Rangers mystery investor revealed as real estate mogul Stuart Gibson. 

The Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet the current Ibrox regime as Dave King prepares to step down.
Property funding expert Stuart Gibson is on the verge of ploughing millions into Rangersand becoming the most influential figurehead in the Ibrox boardroom.

Record Sport can reveal the Japan-based businessman was in Glasgow last week to meet with the current regime as he edges closer to completing a deal which will see Dave King step away from his position as chairman.

Paisley born Gibson has made his fortune in the Far East since moving there in 1999 and his real estate company ESR boasts of having more than £1.5billion worth of assets under its management.

It’s understood the life-long Rangers supporter was initially attracted to the idea of investing in the club around six months ago after discussions with current director George Taylor, a senior investment banker with Morgan Stanley, based in Hong Kong.

Gibson has secretly attended a number of games during that time including a Betfred Cup semi final win over Hearts in November and the defeat to celtic in December’s final.

Gibson had also planned to be at Ibrox for Sunday’s Old Firm derby before it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ahh,

Lets see what happens.  

If I had £15m I would put £ 14m into Rangers.   I would still be loaded.

If I had £150m I would plough £140m into Rangers.   I would still be super loaded.

Most of us would do the same.

Now £1.5 billion from a life long Rangers fan?

Fairy tales can come true?  

14 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Ahh,

Lets see what happens.  

If I had £15m I would put £ 14m into Rangers.   I would still be loaded.

If I had £150m I would plough £140m into Rangers.   I would still be super loaded.

Most of us would do the same.

Now £1.5 billion from a life long Rangers fan?

Fairy tales can come true?  

His company has £1.5 billion of assets. Calm down mate.

BillyG91 likes this

3 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

His company has £1.5 billion of assets. Calm down mate.

Not get excited, in fact the opposite.  No football often brings out this sort of story. 

7 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Need more info before I get too excited, we've all seen this movie a couple of times before. 

ESR is the largest Asia-Pacific focused logistics real estate platform by gross floor area (GFA) and by value of the assets owned directly and by the funds and investment vehicles it manages. Co-founded by its senior management team and Warburg Pincus, ESR and the funds and investment vehicles it manages are backed by some of the world’s preeminent investors including APG, SK Holdings, JD.com, Goldman Sachs, CPPIB, Ping An and Allianz Real Estate. The ESR platform spans across the People’s Republic of China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia and India.

Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm focused on thesis-driven growth investing at scale. With more than $58 billion in assets under management, our active portfolio of more than 190 companies is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. As an experienced partner to outstanding management teams, we help build durable companies with sustainable value. We have raised 19 private equity funds, which have invested more than $81 billion in over 890 companies in more than 40 countries.

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I have no doubts about the company.   My concern is they are So big that if they, let's say, throw 20m at us and see no value in it after a few years, they'd just go "fuck this, ditch that lot and recoup what we can". 

Think the last 8 yrs has made me a cynical cunt tbh. 

You mean like a MA scenario?

I don't think you're cynical. The club must realise that fans will check him out after what we've gone through

Drumloyal likes this