New Owner/Chairman

Smile

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

£35 million is the minimum required investment in the playing squad on transfer fees alone in the next window. If he's got that, plus money for the wage increase, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, can we please at least try and find someone who does? The time for fucking about is over. If I'm dreaming, so be it. But I wouldn't be selling to the first person interested if they don't have the funds required to actually catch up. If we're honest, plenty of players in this team need upgraded.

Yes, you are dreaming. 

Some EPL clubs don’t spend that. 

2 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

As well as the expansion of Ibrox which is a stick on  ,he will be very hands on  exploiting marketing opportunities in terms of goods distribution an area he has personally been very successful in developing in recent years.

All sounds very positive.  

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

There was a few Stuart Gibson’s around paisley back in the 80s/90s. I went to school with one, but he was a boggin wee bastard that got called 20 chips cos of the amount of chips he stuff in his face

Based on your intimate knowledge of him would you say he's a) probably going to pump mega money into Rangers or b) definitely going to pump mega money into Rangers?

9 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

Quick background read ups - he is legit. 

I also feel I recognise him. Looks a similar age to me and I could swear I knew a Stuart Gibson back in the day, as my mate went to Castlehead High in Paisley and there was a Stuart Gibson who knocked about with him. 

If it is the same one I remember he was a massive Robert Prytz fan at the time! 

Robert Prytz? Despite his videos, I'm convinced that he is gay. 

Don't reply, just putting a general thought out. I have zero evidence to back it up other than I thought his music sounded gay at the time. 

38 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

£35 million is the minimum required investment in the playing squad on transfer fees alone in the next window. If he's got that, plus money for the wage increase, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, can we please at least try and find someone who does? The time for fucking about is over. If I'm dreaming, so be it. But I wouldn't be selling to the first person interested if they don't have the funds required to actually catch up. If we're honest, plenty of players in this team need upgraded.

Spending £35m on players in the summer will ensure we can’t play in Europe for the following 2 seasons. 

25 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Robert Prytz? Despite his videos, I'm convinced that he is gay. 

Don't reply, just putting a general thought out. I have zero evidence to back it up other than I thought his music sounded gay at the time. 

I mind the time Eric Prydz turned out at Newlandsfield Park.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That doesn't answer the question. All I can see there is the total annual spending of each club and I have no idea how they're doing it. 

Unless the clubs use some other currency that we're not aware of the banks are eventually come looking for it. 

When will the EPL bubble burst? 

I don't actually expect you to answer that. Most of us have been saying for years that it was going to happen and it just seems to keep getting bigger and bigger. 

When offering a club £100m for a single player and they reject it doesn't sound like fucking fantasy then something is seriously wrong. 

42 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Spending £35m on players in the summer will ensure we can’t play in Europe for the following 2 seasons. 

Your positive that will mean we break the financial fair play rules? There's a max deficit allowed which I think is about £25m (euros maybe). My understanding is that depending on how money is put into the club, that can count as earnings so an investment vehicle could allow us lots of headroom to invest.

43 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Important that we distinguish between the funds he manages and his personal funds.

I’m just as happy that we have a hugely successful business brain joining us as much as the money, most of which will initially go to buy out King.

The question is - how much actual cash does he have access to that he's willing to spend on our club?

Also, I'm almost certain that we heard of this guy before.

17 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That doesn't answer the question. All I can see there is the total annual spending of each club and I have no idea how they're doing it. 

Unless the clubs use some other currency that we're not aware of the banks are eventually come looking for it. 

When will the EPL bubble burst? 

I don't actually expect you to answer that. Most of us have been saying for years that it was going to happen and it just seems to keep getting bigger and bigger. 

When offering a club £100m for a single player and they reject it doesn't sound like fucking fantasy then something is seriously wrong. 

I’m not doing the research for a throw away comment, but there’s no way we’re paying £35m for players in the summer. 

Archived