New Owner/Chairman

Smile

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s also closer to $20bn that ESR manages 

Ooft!! 

Thats a chunk of change to control, I'd say he knows how to handle finances then.

48 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

Your positive that will mean we break the financial fair play rules? There's a max deficit allowed which I think is about £25m (euros maybe). My understanding is that depending on how money is put into the club, that can count as earnings so an investment vehicle could allow us lots of headroom to invest.

Think we are already close to the max with all the previous losses along with investment but given that we spend millions on lawyers this has probably not been factored in.

Given the current situation anyway I don't think UEFA are going to be enforcing it was a lot of larger teams will possibly require a cash injection.

Even in the past if FFP was to be breached all that happens is the club have to show that it is moving towards a break even.

its only a few clubs that have continually ripped the arse that have been banned from european competition for a year

NO CLUB has even been banned for a one off breach of FFP

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m told Jackson’s article is broadly accurate. He’ll buy King’s shareholding for whatever price they agree - obviously that will go into King’s pocket, not ours. 

He’ll then be part of the £20m share issue planned for the summer (not withstanding coronavirus impact) which will also include existing shareholders, 3 Bears, C1872, Woldhardt etc 

Can just imagine the boardroom section when kings shares are sold 🙄🙄

41 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I agree. 

Only way that's happening is if we sell players for £35m. 

That’s the only way we will comply with FFP. Share issue/outside investment/loans won’t be allowed to be used on players or certainly not all of it.

The football business will need to improve first, which includes profiting off of transfers. Which now clearly is the time to cash in on some for a squad refresh

3 hours ago, simplythebestest said:

£35 million is the minimum required investment in the playing squad on transfer fees alone in the next window. If he's got that, plus money for the wage increase, welcome aboard. If he doesn't, can we please at least try and find someone who does? The time for fucking about is over. If I'm dreaming, so be it. But I wouldn't be selling to the first person interested if they don't have the funds required to actually catch up. If we're honest, plenty of players in this team need upgraded.

🤣

15 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Hmmmm. Where was he in 2012? Where was he when we had half the Newcastle u-21s in our 1st team. Where was he when the tims were putting 5 past us every time we played?

Probably in Japan imo.

28 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s convinced me he’s been trolling this whole time :lol:

That and the Progres in the Bundesliga question are baffling

I've already admitted to it mate. I do it when folk act like cunts in the Bears Den. 

Some of the way people speak to each other in here has turned into like the OT. Never used to be like that and I'm 100% positive that it has chased many a good blue nose off this site. 

The guy who created it doesn't even post on it. What's that tell you?

9 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

There was a few Stuart Gibson’s around paisley back in the 80s/90s. I went to school with one, but he was a boggin wee bastard that got called 20 chips cos of the amount of chips he stuff in his face

Used to be a junkie in largs called Toni Five Fags cause apparently that's all you'd need for a blow job off her

Archived