Rangers games from yesteryear on You Tube

neilston42

We are all missing the football action and will be for some time.

If you enjoy watching some old matches I will be uploading TV Highlights of Rangers matches from 1980 onwards that are not currently available online, one per day for the next few weeks.

Starting off today with a Scottish Cup Tie played at Ibrox on 16th February 1980 between Rangers & Dundee Utd. Some nice shots of the Broomloan Stand under construction, the old Centenary Stand, and also includes a post match interview with John Greig.

This was in the very early days of recording from TV, so picture quality is not like it is today, but well worth a watch.

Had not seen this footage before and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard of many of the players on both teams but seen little of them.  These clips and highlights are great for exiled bears like myself and I'd like to thank neilston42 for adding this and making my day.  Two good teams going for the victory.  

Can't thank The Ibrox Derry enough for this.  Don't remember this period at all but no difference.  Some fine players in the blue - Jim Bett was probably underrated and Prytz looked lively too.  I've only heard of some of these Rangers players since this was long before videos.

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

My 1st ever Rangers Video. Bought in VideoVaults in Kirky for £12.99* in the summer of '87.

Edit* that was a weeks worth of Paper boy wages.

Coop's pass to Durrant for the goal against the filth was ridiculous.  One of the best I've seen.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Wait till you see our line up.

Very Strong mate..

Rangers: Bell, Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Wallace (Faure 67), Aird, Black, Hutton (Clark 61), Steven Smith (Callum Gallagher 111), Daly, Law. Subs Not Used: Simonsen, Shiels.

35 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Written off by almost every pundit and paper.

I'll never forget that as long as I live mate, 2-1 at Ibrox, the English media did what they do best, Leeds would be beating us easily, we would have no chance....... 

9 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Written off by almost every pundit and paper.

Probably my favourite Rangers team....not the most technical of sides compared to some others but they were by far the best side for fight and a will to win, 44 games unbeaten across all competitions was some achievement back in those days, just missing out on a champions league final spot says it all really, I doubt we will ever see a team of that character ever again 

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Probably my favourite Rangers team....not the most technical of sides compared to some others but they were by far the best side for fight and a will to win, 44 games unbeaten across all competitions was some achievement back in those days, just missing out on a champions league final spot says it all really, I doubt we will ever see a team of that character ever again 

IMO That year produced the Greatest Rangers team ever.

Archived