Sign in to follow this  
neilston42

Rangers games from yesteryear on You Tube

Had not seen this footage before and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I've heard of many of the players on both teams but seen little of them.  These clips and highlights are great for exiled bears like myself and I'd like to thank neilston42 for adding this and making my day.  Two good teams going for the victory.  

TEFTONG likes this

Can't thank The Ibrox Derry enough for this.  Don't remember this period at all but no difference.  Some fine players in the blue - Jim Bett was probably underrated and Prytz looked lively too.  I've only heard of some of these Rangers players since this was long before videos.

The Ibrox Derry likes this

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

My 1st ever Rangers Video. Bought in VideoVaults in Kirky for £12.99* in the summer of '87.

Edit* that was a weeks worth of Paper boy wages.

Coop's pass to Durrant for the goal against the filth was ridiculous.  One of the best I've seen.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Just started the Raith Rovers v Rangers, Ramsdens Cup Final..

Should win this no problem.

Wait till you see our line up.

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Wait till you see our line up.

Very Strong mate..

Rangers: Bell, Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Wallace (Faure 67), Aird, Black, Hutton (Clark 61), Steven Smith (Callum Gallagher 111), Daly, Law. Subs Not Used: Simonsen, Shiels.

9 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Written off by almost every pundit and paper.

Probably my favourite Rangers team....not the most technical of sides compared to some others but they were by far the best side for fight and a will to win, 44 games unbeaten across all competitions was some achievement back in those days, just missing out on a champions league final spot says it all really, I doubt we will ever see a team of that character ever again 

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Probably my favourite Rangers team....not the most technical of sides compared to some others but they were by far the best side for fight and a will to win, 44 games unbeaten across all competitions was some achievement back in those days, just missing out on a champions league final spot says it all really, I doubt we will ever see a team of that character ever again 

IMO That year produced the Greatest Rangers team ever.