Rangers died and the hearts survived

Escobar

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Pretty sure he was briefly the perm manager.

Regardless, I'm not sure how that effects your point given you named MacPhee who was actually only an interim appointment. 

He was never permanent manager. 

Craig Levein and Gary Locke are both permanent managers on the payroll. Levein was sacked from TWO jobs (manager and director of football) and Still has a say in the day-to-day running of the club. 

Austin McPhee was an interim manager who, despite having been dismissed from his permanent role as assistant manager also remains on the payroll - but isn't allowed to set foot in Tynecastle. 

She rolled over and allowed Levein free reign to run the club into the ground and as they really feel the pinch of that financially, Levein still getting paid as his replacement works for free. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He was never permanent manager. 

Craig Levein and Gary Locke are both permanent managers on the payroll. Levein was sacked from TWO jobs (manager and director of football) and Still has a say in the day-to-day running of the club. 

Austin McPhee was an interim manager who, despite having been dismissed from his permanent role as assistant manager also remains on the payroll - but isn't allowed to set foot in Tynecastle. 

She rolled over and allowed Levein free reign to run the club into the ground and as they really feel the pinch of that financially, Levein still getting paid as his replacement works for free. 

He was though:-

Graeme Stuart Murty (born 13 November 1974) is a professional football coach and former player. He made 437 appearances in the Football League and Premier League, playing for York City, Reading, Charlton Athletic and Southampton. Though born in Saltburn, North Yorkshire, England, Murty qualified for Scotland through his family who were Scottish, and won four full caps. Murty joined Rangers as a development squad coach in 2016. He was twice placed in caretaker charge of the Rangers first team during 2017, and was subsequently full-time manager from December 2017 to April 2018.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Murty

21 hours ago, Ladytonbear said:

Anne Budge is not daft, and maybe should be given a bit of credit for this. Every club in Scotland will be having a hard look at their cash reserves. In one move she has effectively doubled hertz. She might come out of this better than some others.

I’m baffled by the praise she receives in all honesty.

The Levein saga there only scratches the surface. 

The club is only solvent based on two anonymous benefactors who are donating money to the club. That’s on top of the substantial FOH contributions and the company’s own revenue. 

She built a new stand that was over budget & delayed, so much so it still hasn’t been completed. The build was riddled with incompetence and errors from start to finish. And who got the gig as the main contractor for it, her brothers company. 

Craig Levein & Austin MacPhee continue to be employed and paid handsomely for doing the square route of fuck all when youth coachs and backroom staff on low wages are being forced to take unpaid leave. 

All the while they are bottom of the league, 4 points adrift whilst having the 4th highest wage bill in the country.

they are a mess 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

The club is only solvent based on two anonymous benefactors who are donating money to the club. That’s on top of the substantial FOH contributions and the company’s own revenue. 

She built a new stand that was over budget & delayed, so much so it still hasn’t been completed. The build was riddled with incompetence and errors from start to finish. And who got the gig as the main contractor for it, her brothers company. 

Craig Levein & Austin MacPhee continue to be employed and paid handsomely for doing the square route of fuck all when youth coachs and backroom staff on low wages are being forced to take unpaid leave. 

All the while they are bottom of the league, 4 points adrift whilst having the 4th highest wage bill in the country.

they are a mess 

Well, when you put it like that...  

Budge oot 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He was though:-

Graeme Stuart Murty (born 13 November 1974) is a professional football coach and former player. He made 437 appearances in the Football League and Premier League, playing for York City, Reading, Charlton Athletic and Southampton. Though born in Saltburn, North Yorkshire, England, Murty qualified for Scotland through his family who were Scottish, and won four full caps. Murty joined Rangers as a development squad coach in 2016. He was twice placed in caretaker charge of the Rangers first team during 2017, and was subsequently full-time manager from December 2017 to April 2018.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Murty

He wasn't. He was always interim. The club certainly don't view him as a former permanent manager.

Just now, The Dude said:

He wasn't. He was always interim. The club certainly don't view him as a former permanent manager.

I would rather not view Ally and Pedro as former permanent managers, but unfortunately that's not how it works.

Murty was given a contract as the manager, not a secondment from his previous role.

Rangers also acknowledged that he was not the interim at the time of his sacking:-

"Rangers are grateful to Graeme, who did not hesitate when asked last October to become interim manager after the departure of Pedro Caixinha, and then, at the turn of the year, when he was offered the role as manager until the end of the season.

"Graeme has had to contend with difficult and challenging circumstances but conducted himself in a thoroughly professional manner."

Accept it, I'm right and you are wrong. 😂

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

they are a mess 

She’s a decent person and a successful business woman but she’s miles out her depth at Hearts.

51 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Murty stepped up to the plate when asked to. He is now back coaching at the age level he is best with. Whether or not he was ever anything more than an interim appointment as manager is irrelevant.

Should have been booted out the door after his “celtic park is second to none” comment and his tearful eyed pre match interviews, the hampden nightmare and subsequent  fallout, not to mention his back roll headstand, guys a fucking riddy.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Should have been booted out the door after his “celtic park is second to none” comment and his tearful eyed pre match interviews, the hampden nightmare and subsequent  fallout, not to mention his back roll headstand, guys a fucking riddy.

No doubt that he was out of his depth.

On 20/03/2020 at 13:21, Tiger Shaw said:

Exactly - nuff said about murty

I might be in a minority who knows but I don't take any pleasure from this at all. Nothing to do with my thoughts on them as a club or the players. Most of their players likely have more than enough cash in their pockets too but its the ordinary fans and employees of the club who get hurt by this sort of thing and it weakens our game and society as a whole. It is such a huge part of the community here. We only have one true enemy in Scottish football. The rest ride the coat tails from time time but for the most part are just trying to get by and pick up the scraps. Like I say I've got no wish to see ordinary folk out of work because of this. The sooner we get back to playing football the better.  

4 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

I might be in a minority who knows but I don't take any pleasure from this at all. Nothing to do with my thoughts on them as a club or the players. Most of their players likely have more than enough cash in their pockets too but its the ordinary fans and employees of the club who get hurt by this sort of thing and it weakens our game and society as a whole. It is such a huge part of the community here. We only have one true enemy in Scottish football. The rest ride the coat tails from time time but for the most part are just trying to get by and pick up the scraps. Like I say I've got no wish to see ordinary folk out of work because of this. The sooner we get back to playing football the better.  

Don’t think that’s the case to be honest, particularly in Scottish football. 

Also need to remember that you spend what you earn. Remember Wesley Sneijder couldn’t move from Inter (I think) to Man U because dropping from £140k a week to £120k with a different tax system would have bankrupted him based on his outgoings.

3 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

But he couldn't do that at Rangers when we were broke in 2012 and him a supposed life long bear 😞

I was under the impression he did take a pay cut along with most of the others? Still doesn't change the fact he's a rat bastard. 

1 minute ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I was under the impression he did take a pay cut along with most of the others? Still doesn't change the fact he's a rat bastard. 

You're right but wouldn't tupe over because Rangers weren't Rangers anymore 😞

15 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

To every club and fan that votes us out, get it fucking round you. No one gave a toss about our players or staff either. 

If they go bust they can send their complaints to Mr P Lawell at the Piggary. 

They all jumped into line with the taigs leading the charge with their so called sporting integrity. 

Now it's backfiring as which club is refusing to allow the season to end null and void. Potentially denying them insurance payouts as they want the title.

On 20/03/2020 at 10:02, BlueKnight87 said:

Imagine for second a nightmare scenario and we had to call for paycuts or worse

That scenario is more of a reality than you might think tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if we ask the players to take a wage cut shortly tbh. 

Archived