Rangers died and the hearts survived

Escobar

2 minutes ago, weejoseph said:

To be fair to @Inigo it’s as clear as day that it is your average working man he is talking about here, losing their only income. We all probably know someone in that boat right now. 

Yup. I sure do. Shite situation.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes years ago .... too many for my liking .... the Hearts fans and us used to sing the Sash together both at Scotland games .... a long long time ago when the majority of the team were Rangers players and we had more pride in our national team.... and when we played each other in league games.

We referred to them as our brothers from the East  .... and they us as their brothers from the West .... pretty amicable generally save for a few wayward rascals occasionally .... who were swiftly dealt with on both sides I have to say in fairness .... but mostly no bother at all.

A good few years before 2012 ..... probably due to our pretty healthy success rate .... Laudrup's cup final especially .... it all went sour .... and jealousy ....resentment and taig like behaviour began to creep into their support as it had with others ... then it all exploded when their manager caused an uproar in 2012 .... when he .... backed up by the support .... was the first to point an accusing finger in our direction ....  which even got Sandy Jardine .... a massive hero with both clubs .... in a rage at the wrongful accusations of cheating ... tax evasion etc. etc. .....the rest is history and the camaraderie ended with a horrendous bang ..... while the hatred flourished and not just at Hearts.

Basically the entire league structure in the country ... bar a very few clubs .... showed their true colours ..... and the hatred went totally endemic from north to south ... east to west .... and does not look like it will ever subside.

So today is today ... and it is what it is ..... the situation with the arrival of COVID -19 is really scary due to the severity of the virus which will cause even more lingering  social problems  .... other than the obvious serious health risks .... not the least being the interruption of finances due to  people being laid off.

In the larger scheme of things though the lay offs from football clubs having to temporarily cut back staff for the duration of this pandemic will be a drop in the ocean .... compare that scenario to the overall loss of regular employment and finances to the general public in particular who could be out of employment for a lot longer due to companies possibly folding and closing up shop .... it means nothing.

This is a situation that could very well be the ruin of many peoples' lives ..... especially the most vulnerable in society ..... that is a scenario that will break people and families world wide and that will be an everlasting shame through no fault of their own and deserves all the kindness and compassion the strong can muster to lessen their burden ..... human kindness will prevail as each person sees this situation through to the best of their ability  .... and also help others where they can.

As far as feeling any emotion close to compassion towards Hearts Football Club ....  or any other football club in this country .....I find it extremely difficult to feel their pain .... they were the first to put the boot into our great Club in 2012 instigated I have no doubt by the beasts from the east end of Glasgow ....  with the rest of them following suit..... and therefore deserve nothing but derision for the situation they find themselves in now ..... which is absolutely nothing compared to the position we found ourselves in in  2012 .... when the whole country turned on us and put their boots on our neck and tried to destroy us ..... thankfully we pulled through and they all lost ..... Karma.

Karma is coming again ...... for other football clubs ..... not their fault ..... but Karma doesn't care ..... why should we?

🇬🇧

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Yes years ago .... too many for my liking .... the Hearts fans and us used to sing the Sash together both at Scotland games .... a long long time ago when the majority of the team were Rangers players and we had more pride in our national team.... and when we played each other in league games.

We referred to them as our brothers from the East  .... and they us as their brothers from the West .... pretty amicable generally save for a few wayward rascals occasionally .... who were swiftly dealt with on both sides I have to say in fairness .... but mostly no bother at all.

A good few years before 2012 ..... probably due to our pretty healthy success rate .... Laudrup's cup final especially .... it all went sour .... and jealousy ....resentment and taig like behaviour began to creep into their support as it had with others ... then it all exploded when their manager caused an uproar in 2012 .... when he .... backed up by the support .... was the first to point an accusing finger in our direction ....  which even got Sandy Jardine .... a massive hero with both clubs .... in a rage at the wrongful accusations of cheating ... tax evasion etc. etc. .....the rest is history and the camaraderie ended with a horrendous bang ..... while the hatred flourished and not just at Hearts.

Basically the entire league structure in the country ... bar a very few clubs .... showed their true colours ..... and the hatred went totally endemic from north to south ... east to west .... and does not look like it will ever subside.

So today is today ... and it is what it is ..... the situation with the arrival of COVID -19 is really scary due to the severity of the virus which will cause even more lingering  social problems  .... other than the obvious serious health risks .... not the least being the interruption of finances due to  people being laid off.

In the larger scheme of things though the lay offs from football clubs having to temporarily cut back staff for the duration of this pandemic will be a drop in the ocean .... compare that scenario to the overall loss of regular employment and finances to the general public in particular who could be out of employment for a lot longer due to companies possibly folding and closing up shop .... it means nothing.

This is a situation that could very well be the ruin of many peoples' lives ..... especially the most vulnerable in society ..... that is a scenario that will break people and families world wide and that will be an everlasting shame through no fault of their own and deserves all the kindness and compassion the strong can muster to lessen their burden ..... human kindness will prevail as each person sees this situation through to the best of their ability  .... and also help others where they can.

As far as feeling any emotion close to compassion towards Hearts Football Club ....  or any other football club in this country .....I find it extremely difficult to feel their pain .... they were the first to put the boot into our great Club in 2012 instigated I have no doubt by the beasts from the east end of Glasgow ....  with the rest of them following suit..... and therefore deserve nothing but derision for the situation they find themselves in now ..... which is absolutely nothing compared to the position we found ourselves in in  2012 .... when the whole country turned on us and put their boots on our neck and tried to destroy us ..... thankfully we pulled through and they all lost ..... Karma.

Karma is coming again ...... for other football clubs ..... not their fault ..... but Karma doesn't care ..... why should we?

🇬🇧

Greig and Jardine grew up Jambos but you are right, times change.

2 hours ago, Gmajor1991 said:

Nope. But I wouldn't want to see clubs die for financial reasons either. 

If all these clubs die? Who the fuck do we play against? These events are unprecedented in peacetime so I think any gloating about these matters are in very poor taste. 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Fuck up joseph, we’re trying to look hard here. 

Ahh apologies, didn’t realise! 

Right... Fuck all they Jambo cunts! Hope none of them have mortgage insurance, the bastards! 

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Hope Naismith canny feed his weans n his mrs gets pumped aff his da then leaves him for his brer lol 

Too many here would take him back. On ability aye he’s good enough as a person hell fucking no.

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

🇬🇧

Years ago, too many for my liking, a believing Protestant would have had harsh words for someone invoking karma as the governing principle of the universe. 

46 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nobody's taking anything up the arse. There's zero material effect on me by not gloating about poor bastards at Hearts losing their jobs during a social economic and health crisis. 

The staff have been assured that they will get at least the national living wage which is a lot better than some.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

The staff have been assured that they will get at least the national living wage which is a lot better than some.

Still likely to put people in a massively tough situation. And that's if this is as bad as it gets for them.

Someone said I was going to living wage I'd be in shit street just now.

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

Hearts voted against us in 2012, causing us, The Rangers, into cutting staff etc., So, without gloating, don't ask me to show any empathy or sympathy.

My mantra has stayed the same since those dark days, " Never forget, Never forgive".

And i respect anyone like your good self  , that thinks this way . I would not lose any sleep over Hearts  , yet i still think we need one or two allies 

10 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

If all these clubs die? Who the fuck do we play against? These events are unprecedented in peacetime so I think any gloating about these matters are in very poor taste. 

If this virus shit continues for a year or worse like some predictions then can't see it not affecting us or any other club unless owners or investors just keep throwing money in to keep clubs going. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Still likely to put people in a massively tough situation. And that's if this is as bad as it gets for them.

Someone said I was going to living wage I'd be in shit street just now.

Me too mate but I can't imagine the average match day employee and other ground staff are on much above that anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Having sympathy for employees and not gloating about their plight isn't relevant to how their fans acted in 2012 and what they did to us, other than giving an example if hiw not to behave. Are you saying if I'm gloating cuntushly the way they did I win now? It's separate groups of people here. You're wallowing in the misery of folk losing their jobs, folk that didn't songs about us. Folk that aren't the fanbase that gloated about us.

I mean, which lowly employees working there now and about to be on the scrap heap were trying to kill my club back then? Which people am I letting get one up on me by not acting like the kind of cunt many did back then, by not gloating that they're losing their jobs during a global health crisis? Looks more like they're getting another one up on you if you're willing to act like you are because of it.

Me? Well I, and clearly many others going by this thread, recognise decency and won't let others acting the cunt sway me from it.

another smug cunt with the motto 

"I'm better than you because I care"

You don't care about those workers getting more than the living wage trying to take a moral fucking high ground so you can look down at cunts.

You'll not give a fuck if these people lose there jobs you'll move on to the next thing to look smug.

Go start a go fund me page if you feel that bad, people lose there jobs every day 

Never saw you in the politics section greeting about carphone warehouse jobs.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

another smug cunt with the motto 

"I'm better than you because I care"

You don't care about those workers getting more than the living wage trying to take a moral fucking high ground so you can look down at cunts.

You'll not give a fuck if these people lose there jobs you'll move on to the next thing to look smug.

Go start a go fund me page if you feel that bad, people lose there jobs every day 

Never saw you in the politics section greeting about carphone warehouse jobs.

758.gif.565697009824b7aeb1581e80c1cd1368.gif

On the matter of the statement, am I missing something ?

Why would anyone who is not willing to take a 50% wage reduction, be willing to terminate their contract and be possibly unemployed for the foreseeable future?

Archived