Will we have a 20/21 Season?

Will we have a 20/21 Season?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Will we have a 20/21 Season?

The focus right now is on who if anyone will be crowned as the 19/20 champions, and there is fuck all chance of us having play resumed in this season.

A bigger question for me is do you think we will have a season next year?

I honestly dont think we are likely to see any football again until 2021, at least in the UK.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes because if we don’t then things have got that bad that we are fighting in the streets over food, millions of families turfed out on the street aka complete breakdown of society. 

We should simply let the virus run it’s course get on with our life’s and the ones that don’t make it to the others side then I’m sorry for them. But this is simply a numbers game now and the economy comes first or it will be a generation if not more before the country is back on its feet. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes because if we don’t then things have got that bad that we are fighting in the streets over food, millions of families truffles out on the street aka complete breakdown of society. 

We should simply let the virus run it’s course get on with our life’s and the ones that don’t make it to the others side then I’m sorry for them. But this is simply a numbers game now and the economy comes first or it will be a generation if not more before the country is back on its feet. 

Spot on with that post mate.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes because if we don’t then things have got that bad that we are fighting in the streets over food, millions of families truffles out on the street aka complete breakdown of society. 

I think this is just our generations World War mate.

The country basically shut down for 5 years during them, this is our equivalent. I dont see us back up and running normally for 18 months.

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think this is just our generations World War mate.

The country basically shut down for 5 years during them, this is our equivalent. I dont see us back up and running normally for 18 months.

Then we won’t have a country to get back to mate. 
This isn’t like a war a war actually drives humanity forward industry thrives. If we simply lock the doors on this and try to contain it when we all come back out it will simply be there waiting for us. As I said it’s a numbers game 60 million against thousands. 

I think football will be back hopefully in time for the start time the season would have been scheduled.

The thing that’s grating me is this season is needing canned.

There is no chance of getting it finished in the June 30th time frame.

The fact that people would gladly see next season hampered by pushing it back or even intermixing this seasons unfinished matches into it is madness.

Void this season and spread the prize monies due equally amongst all clubs so everyone get helped out financially to help with the shortfalls.

Yes, we will have a 20/21 season. No football will actually take place, but the SFA and UEFA will award the championship and the 2020/21  champion's league to cellic, as they were top of the league in March  2020 when the Corona virus was at full effect. 

This season should be called off now for the simple fact that teams, particularly relegation teams, will continue to say some of their players have contracted the virus and further games will be postponed so it goes on and on until 30 June, ending uncompleted.

As for next season, that's the 64,000 dollar question, nobody knows atm as to what will be or they are not letting us know.

We can only hope that our worst fears are conquered and normality prevails.

Just now, bornabear said:

This season should be called off now for the simple fact that teams, particularly relegation teams, will continue to say some of their players have contracted the virus and further games will be postponed so it goes on and on until 30 June, ending uncompleted.

As for next season, that's the 64,000 dollar question, nobody knows atm as to what will be or they are not letting us know.

We can only hope that our worst fears are conquered and normality prevails.

That the off licences don't all close?

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Virus will run its course after 2 or 3 waves and we will carry on again after it dies out. Probably start later than usual, maybe September but it will go ahead

I think you could be right mate.

Too many in panic mode at the moment.

Archived