Jim Bett

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

😀 my wee maw bought me a copy, coral, I think the name was, I noticed it right away and went in a huff 😀, got the real one, to this day, its still my favourite Rangers top, would love to see us wearing something like that 👍

Slightly lighter blue ,bigger collar and shitey  more coarse material 😂😂

came in a box with just as shite socks n shorts 

I took the huff and still wore it ,rid neck getting slagged to fuck for it ,I made up the excuse that my old man brought it back as it was the Abu Dhabi version 😂

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back when you see some of the players we had in the team at the one time its a wonder we were as poor generally as we were. Bett, cooper, russel and prytz all on the books at the same time. And redford was more than decent as well. On our day we could be really good, we could beat celtic as often as not and hardly ever lost to a really good Dundee utd team. We were so inconsistent though, we could lose to the bottom teams and we could never beat Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Slightly lighter blue ,bigger collar and shitey  more coarse material 😂😂

came in a box with just as shite socks n shorts 

I took the huff and still wore it ,rid neck getting slagged to fuck for it ,I made up the excuse that my old man brought it back as it was the Abu Dhabi version 😂

:lol: Sounds familiar mate, oh I never wore it, one of my pals had the real one, so I knew I would be spotted right away :lol:

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Looking back when you see some of the players we had in the team at the one time its a wonder we were as poor generally as we were. Bett, cooper, russel and prytz all on the books at the same time. And redford was more than decent as well. On our day we could be really good, we could beat celtic as often as not and hardly ever lost to a really good Dundee utd team. We were so inconsistent though, we could lose to the bottom teams and we could never beat Aberdeen. 

They were grim days mate, no season ticket waiting lists then, could sit where you bloody wanted, but yes, we did have some really good players. 

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

The red one (away) was a  beautiful thing.

Slightly off topic ,getting a lump in my throat thinking of those days ,I was the same age my wee man is now ,different memories for him than me in 40 years time 

he will probably have memories of virus martials shooting cunts in the street for nicking bog roll 🙁

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Slightly off topic ,getting a lump in my throat thinking of those days ,I was the same age my wee man is now ,different memories for him than me in 40 years time 

he will probably have memories of virus martials shooting cunts in the street for nicking bog roll 🙁

Nah mate, we'll get through Coronavirus,... we are British 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

3 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Nah mate, we'll get through Coronavirus,... we are British 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

We will I have no doubt and hopefully have more BRITS come out the end of it than went into it and end this republican minority 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

7 hours ago, SteveEarle said:

I loved Jim Bett! Seemed to recall him scoring a cracker in the League Cup Final we lost to them? in 83? Also remember when he left he appeared to be complaining about struggling in the Old Firm goldfish bowl which is Glasgow. I was gutted when he left. Great player and could have easily stayed a few more seasons and won things.

I was at that game,  quite a wet day,  got soaked in the Rangers end of south enclosure in the old main stand.  A very skilful player. 

21 hours ago, magic8ball said:

My first strip that ,well first proper strip ,a year earlier I begged my mum for a strip and she came back with one of the copies that Littlewoods used to sell ,I was ragin coz    my old man was working on the rigs in the Middle East at the time and was raking it in 😡😂

Remember my wee mum getting this strip for me and it came in a wee box, never had it off.

Looked at that team again last night, you see the players in it and wonder how they were so bad. That midfield we had should've been the best in the country, they were better than we have now for sure. Even the centre halfs would walk into todays team, Mclelland was a cracking player who should've captained the team for years if he hadn't fell out with the club and Patterson was going to be a future Scotland captain until he came to us and it went to shit for him. We were maybe light up front, we never had a consistent goalscorer for sure. For whatever reason we seemed cursed, we could sign any amount of good players and it wasn't going to work. Maybe im looking back with rose tinted specs but those were good players and should've achieved far, far more.

On 20/03/2020 at 00:19, The Widow's Son said:

Just watched a clip from a Euro game in 1982, Cooper and DJ scored in a great game.  I'd forgotten all about Jim Bett.  How long did he last at Ibrox?  He was a canny player.  I seem to remember him playing for Scotland in a World Cup tournament at one point.  Grateful for the clip from The Ibrox Derry.  A treat for us elderly exiles.

Check out this YouTube channel mate...

On 20/03/2020 at 07:08, Moody Blue Legend said:

Pretty talented player.  Bumped into him in M&S Aberdeen a few years ago.

He was buying sausage rolls.

Just went to his wikipedia page, and that's not there yet.

Could you add it please ?

Archived