Where's The Most Unlikely Or Trivial Place You've Seen A Gers Player ?

tannerall

Just saw this great wee piece of useless info in the Jim Bett thread, made me chuckle.

On 20/03/2020 at 07:08, Moody Blue Legend said:

Pretty talented player.  Bumped into him in M&S Aberdeen a few years ago.

He was buying sausage rolls.

So where's the most unlikely or trivial place you saw a Gers player, and what was he doing ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to work for Kean Construction.

The owner James Kean lives in Jackton, East Kilbride.

Clyde FC used to train on his farm when John Brown was manager and Andy Goram was GK coach.

Got to meet both on a few occasions and see Andy Goram going through his paces up close was brilliant.

They also had Alan Lowing on loan from us at the time, he was very quiet. 

Also remember Clyde had a young German player at the time who was recommended by Jorg Albertz, the young guy used to talk to us quite a lot because he lived at James’s place. Can’t remember his name though.

Robert Fleck in the toilet of the Toby Jug when it was in Waterloo Street,it was a Saturday about half five after a game at Ibrox in 1985,he had been substituted got changed and jumped in a taxi straight to the Toby,crowds  were down to about 16,000 at that time,you could get back into the city centre in about fifteen minutes.

Had a pint with Jonatan Johansson in the seamill hydro at New year in 2009. Suppose its no that random his missus is from up the road and met a few players and managers in there over the years. Good guy

Met Alex Rae coming out of buchanan nursery from picking his wee girl up - (long time ago) she used to wear a pink Gers scarf to Nursery.

Met Waggy in putting area at American Golf, Bearsden

Met Pedro at Waitrose tills in Milngavie, i gave him some good advice pre-old firm game which was duly ignored🤣

Met Candieas also at Waitrose - different time from above

Saw Jelavic (very tall) in Asda, Bearsden and saw Papac at Allander Sports centre.

Met Lovenkrands at petrol station, bearsden buying up all the newspapers on day after winning league (helicopter Sunday?) I started to talk to him and he wasnt sure if i was gonna hook him or kiss him!!

Almost forget meeting big Dado at murray park. His boy was at training there with mine, lovely guy very friendly and an absolute warrior on the field.

6 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Met Alex Rae coming out of buchanan nursery from picking his wee girl up - (long time ago) she used to wear a pink Gers scarf to Nursery.

Met Waggy in putting area at American Golf, Bearsden

Met Pedro at Waitrose tills in Milngavie, i gave him some good advice pre-old firm game which was duly ignored🤣

Met Candieas also at Waitrose - different time from above

Saw Jelavic (very tall) in Asda, Bearsden and saw Papac at Allander Sports centre.

Met Lovenkrands at petrol station, bearsden buying up all the newspapers on day after winning league (helicopter Sunday?) I started to talk to him and he wasnt sure if i was gonna hook him or kiss him!!

Almost forget meeting big Dado at murray park. His boy was at training there with mine, lovely guy very friendly and an absolute warrior on the field.

Stalker :nailbiting:

Forgot I met McCoist in a pub near where I used to live. He was trying to fire in ti thd barmaid but she was having none of it🤣🤣

The bam wouldn't play a game of pool with me. 

Was when he played for Killie.

Also met Ian Ferguson on a random street when he was in his crutches and he wouldn't admit to being him 🤣🤣 I was only about 10yr old so was trying to get his autograph. He eventually admitted it when I managed to get a pen and a bit of paper for him to sign. 

Also seen Andy Goram playing Golf out of my maths class window which was weird...

Just last week in the District Bar, Colin Stein and Willie Johnston . Just so happened to be guys from the Bochum Loyal RSC there too who had their banner with them , brilliant coincidence .

20200313_182625.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Used to work for Kean Construction.

The owner James Kean lives in Jackton, East Kilbride.

Clyde FC used to train on his farm when John Brown was manager and Andy Goram was GK coach.

Got to meet both on a few occasions and see Andy Goram going through his paces up close was brilliant.

They also had Alan Lowing on loan from us at the time, he was very quiet. 

Also remember Clyde had a young German player at the time who was recommended by Jorg Albertz, the young guy used to talk to us quite a lot because he lived at James’s place. Can’t remember his name though.

That’s McCoists pals is it no ? The Keans.

1 minute ago, Rmc54 said:

Just last week in the Disrict Bar, Colin Stein and Willie Johnston . Just so happened to be guys from the Bochum Loyal RSC there too who had their banner with them , brilliant coincidence .

20200313_182625.jpg

Brilliant 👍🏻

Archived