Players Gers Career Ruined By Injury

Blues Brother

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I need this post explained. 

are you calling murzo nae baws, are you wanting a straight answer or are you saying it’s got something to do with gow and bollox 😂

G - I was meaning the ‘Gow had no balls’ opinion :lol:

I would never accuse @murzo of that !!

Another one chalked up. Thus far in my RM career have been confused with/accused of being thegummy, denya and now tannerall.

Clearly need to work on being more original. 

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Mols in my lifetime. Crippled by a tackle that should have been a red card and not even a foul given.

Gut wrenching to watch. Worst refereeing decision I have seen in Europe. 

Still pisses me off to this day. 

This will piss you off just as much then, it wasn't a foul. Not back in those days anyway and possibly still not. If I remember correctly  Khan didn't even touch him. Mols rode the tackle and landed awkwardly. 

Does Charlie Miller count?

2 hours ago, doc holliday said:

Jim Baxter not quite the same after his broken leg.But he also self inflicted with alcohol just like Best.

I don't think you can call alcoholism self inflicted... unless he set out to become an alcoholic? 

And before all the "we all know the risks" argument comes into it. We all know the risks of playing contact sports so every injury, especially one caused by diving in for a tackle are "self inflicted"

6 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

This will piss you off just as much then, it wasn't a foul. Not back in those days anyway and possibly still not. If I remember correctly  Khan didn't even touch him. Mols rode the tackle and landed awkwardly. 

I'm counting it as a foul. Tried to get us back for losing the war.

Anyhow, I have sobered up now. Lol.

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Watch it again khan knew what he was doing, Mols was having a blinder that night.

Rozental looked a good player in the little we saw of him before his injury. I remember saying what a player at half time. Then he was substituted. Would have walked Scottish Football. Before he arrived he was getting in the Chile squad when they had Marcelo Salas and Ivan Zamarano before he moved to Ibrox.

Theres been a few for me all mentioned in this thread  but I would mainly include those who could have taken us to the next level ie Europe. We were winning leagues anyway with most of these guys. Controverisally I won't include Durrant. I know he lost pace etc after his injury but he was still a key player for us in 9IAR and in Europe after his return. 

Mols - with him we were  a match for most in the CL group that year. To go to some places and genuinely play teams off the park was a breath of fresh air. Losing him took the wind totally out of our sails and he was never close to the player he was. 

Kuznetsov - was genuinely one of the most talented defenders in world football when he signed. He strolled it before he was injured and we could have build a side around him for years. Again he came back but nothing like the player he was. Prodan was quality too - but not in the class of Kuznetsov. 

Rozental was one of the most highly rated players in South America at that time. Remember around that period we were linked with Jardel and even Ronaldo so it shows the level of player and scouting that we were doing. He was mixing it with Salas and Zamorano, breaking into a quality Chile side. For me a player designed not for SPL but to take us to the next level in europe which is why is was so frustrating on many levels to see what happened to him.

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 17:21, thedarvelmarvel said:

he also nearly ruined willie henderson put him out for months took the wee man long enough to get back to his best

The famous story is he boasted pre-match that he'd do one of the Scotland team (no subs then).

Willie Miller basically finished John McGregor's career at us with a nasty tackle in the 87 Skol Cup Final. Followed through like an express train and caught John when there was no need.  After that, he only really played Rangers Select/XI games and reserve games.

Archived