Aberdeen on the brink

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

They better hope there isn't much of an uptake already. There was already chat about a shutdown days before that so it seems foolish to have put them on sale (that thread started on the 11th and I spoke to Lee Miller at Falkirk the day before that about a possible shutdown. Might still have the audio actually.)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They better hope there isn't much of an uptake already. There was already chat about a shutdown days before that so it seems foolish to have put them on sale (that thread started on the 11th and I spoke to Lee Miller at Falkirk the day before that about a possible shutdown. Might still have the audio actually.)

They are in serious bother if so mate

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What should I be gloating about? That we could all be fucked? Brilliant. Can't wait. 

The last thing I want to see in this is clubs go out of business. 

Why? Every man and their dog wanted us out of business, many of them still believe we did go bust...

So I am more than happy to say fuck them.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

What should I be gloating about? That we could all be fucked? Brilliant. Can't wait. 

The last thing I want to see in this is clubs go out of business. 

Start your own Rangers thread to discuss Rangers. This thread is about Aberdeen. Or is that too hard to understand. 

Bloody Hell. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Why? Every man and their dog wanted us out of business, many of them still believe we did go bust...

So I am more than happy to say fuck them.

Thats not totally true, SPL clubs? Aye some of them absolutely wanted to fuck us (and that includes Aberdeen) A lot of the then SFL clubs were happy to help us. 

Tbf, I've also got something of a personal interest as I've got to work with a lot of these clubs and some of the folk who would lose their jobs as a result of something they had absolutely nothing to do with. Most folk I've encountered at clubs don't tend to really give a fuck either way about us or them. And I've also got my job to think about. The worse Scottish football gets, the more it hurts my job and my ability to make a living. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

They are in serious bother if so mate

Aye. Just double-checked my phone there too, definitely the 10th March I spoke with Miller and asked him about any possible contingencies that were in place should football get suspended. IIRC the first case in Forth Valley had been confirmed the day before so we were well into the start of the outbreak in Scotland.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Blow it out the water? Aye because our finances are absolutely irrelevant just now. 

It seems a bit like gloating  that your neighbours house is on fire, as yours is already starting to go up too. 

Forgive me for not gloating when we could very well be in a similar position very quickly. 

Oh ffs, do you know what, i came on here to read a bit of banter about a club and their fans who wanted us finished but once again you have to come across as this sanctimonious prick who has a know all attitude as regards RFC but guess what we all know the crisis that will hit most clubs, that's a given with this global crisis so ffs loosen up and try and have a night of light relief away from the hardship of Covid-19. Aberdeen are in crisis, good to see as far as i'm concerned so fuck them and do us all a favour, get a sense of humour, ffs.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye. Just double-checked my phone there too, definitely the 10th March I spoke with Miller and asked him about any possible contingencies that were in place should football get suspended. IIRC the first case in Forth Valley had been confirmed the day before so we were well into the start of the outbreak in Scotland.

They could sell that brand new training ground

Who wants to Bet if they do, they don’t put them down to the bottom division? 

you go bust, you go bust! Disne matter if you chase a dream or your worst nightmare happens it’s the same outcome but it won’t be the same punishment we got, and continuing to get

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats not totally true, SPL clubs? Aye some of them absolutely wanted to fuck us (and that includes Aberdeen) A lot of the then SFL clubs were happy to help us. 

Tbf, I've also got something of a personal interest as I've got to work with a lot of these clubs and some of the folk who would lose their jobs as a result of something they had absolutely nothing to do with. Most folk I've encountered at clubs don't tend to really give a fuck either way about us or them. And I've also got my job to think about. The worse Scottish football gets, the more it hurts my job and my ability to make a living. 

Kilmarnock shat it, they abstained, as good as wanting us out. 

They fucked themselves out of jealousy, what is happening to Aberdeen just now? Good. They should have gone bust previously but like others converted bank debt to shares to stave it off, so once again fuck them.

1 minute ago, George McLean said:

Oh ffs, do you know what, i came on here to read a bit of banter about a club and their fans who wanted us finished but once again you have to come across as this sanctimonious prick who has a know all attitude as regards RFC but guess what we all know the crisis that will hit most clubs, that's a given with this global crisis so ffs loosen up and try and have a night of light relief away from the hardship of Covid-19. Aberdeen are in crisis, good to see as far as i'm concerned so fuck them and do us all a favour, get a sense of humour, ffs.

When the hardship of clubs directly affects my ability to make a living, it's not as easy to find the light relief in it.

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not all, just some. At least accurately quote me if you're going to have a wee whine. 

Only a mammary gland would say that though . I am not better than any bear on here . And neither is any other .

That attitude sums you up though 

Just now, The Dude said:

When the hardship of clubs directly affects my ability to make a living, it's not as easy to find the light relief in it.

Aye, very good, this crisis is hitting everyone's ability to make a living, both inside football and outside, it's not all about you, you know. Get a bit of perspective and understand that people want a bit of light relief away from it all at times.

47 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Rangers will be fine. Am sure at some point we'll ask staff to take a reduction.

Our finances have been looked at and studied to the final penny.

Yet hearts can't go a week without needing players to take a cut 

Aberdeen a fortnight before they are potentially in bother

My question is this why have we so many "top" clubs in Scotland that close to the edge yet our club are the only ones looked at?

Hearts build a stand that was 12million over budget

Aberdeen are knocking back 4-5million for McKenna but can't go a fortnight with no income.

When finances were looked at, aop defined, no one was taking into account a global pandemic, 4 or 5 months on little or no income.

This is unprecedented, many clubs will need investment to survive, possibly us.

Personally I don’t give a fuck if Aberdeen and Dundee Utd go, but I won’t be gloating about it, at least not until I know we’re safe.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

When finances were looked at, aop defined, no one was taking into account a global pandemic, 4 or 5 months on little or no income.

Personally I don’t give a fuck if Aberdeen and Dundee Utd go, but I won’t be gloating about it, at least not until I know we’re safe.

I will be gloating.

2012 really opened my eyes.

Said then it will turn around someday and I will be waiting on it.

When it comes I will be fucking loving it unashamedly. 👍

16 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Aye, very good, this crisis is hitting everyone's ability to make a living, both inside football and outside, it's not all about you, you know. Get a bit of perspective and understand that people want a bit of light relief away from it all at times.

That's it mate . Light relief . There is absolutely no reason any bear should be on here 24/7 at this present moment . With no football and very little to talk about .

14 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I get that but a fortnight without income really and 2 clubs are in problems already

Archived