Aberdeen on the brink

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

There are other ways to say things. “Yer man from Hong Kong”. Is he not your man as well?  I don’t think he is. We already know of the shortfall. You put it out as you’re fucking gloating about this. Never a Rangers man.  Never. 

Fuck me, you're bitching because I called him 'yer man'? 😂

Where did you manage to pull gloating from? By pointing out we're  just at risk as the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts at facing a serious financial problem if this goes on any real length of time?

Fuck, here we go with the 'never a Rangers man' pish.

Obviously every true Rangers man has every intimate detail memorised of some bloke none of had heard of until a week ago and has quickly vanished like snow aff a dyke.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where did you manage to pull gloating from? By pointing out we're  just at risk as the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts at facing a serious financial problem if this goes on any real length of time?

Obviously every true Rangers man has every intimate detail memorised of some bloke none of had heard of until a week ago and has quickly vanished like snow aff a dyke.

Cheerio. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Honest the truth mate - I was not a fan of your posting (or blogging) for a long time. Then seeing your video channels I took a change firstly because you don't talk like you write and secondly because you are come across not only knowledgeable but also a very good Rangers fan.

Then here we go again, the video channels are no longer and you're back to the Dude.

In times of trouble which we've had a few - keep your head up and as many of those around you as possible, too.

* BTW: this is a doom & gloom sheep thread.

3 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Honest the truth mate - I was not a fan of your posting (or blogging) for a long time. Then seeing your video channels I took a change firstly because you don't talk like you write and secondly because you are come across not only knowledgeable but also a Rangers fan.

Then here we go again, the video channels are no longer and you're back to the Dude.

In times of trouble which we've had a few - keep your head up and as many of those around you as possible, too.

The problem with @The Dude for many posters apart from his posting style (as you comment) is the fact that he has this bloody annoying habit of checking his facts before posting.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Based on the fact we have an existing £10m shortfall  which needs to be plugged by directors when there are games

Taken from the annual accounts

"At the time of preparation, the forecast identified that the Group would require £10.0m by way of debt or equity funding by the end of season 2019/2020 in order to meet its liabilities as they fall due."

https://media.Rangers.co.uk/uploads/2019/11/Rangers-Reports-and-Accounts-2019.pdf

That wasn't based on europa league last 16 participation surely, the two extra home games, all the tv money as well, surely thats not far off the ten mill we required

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

The problem with @The Dude for many posters apart from his posting style (as you comment) is the fact that he has this bloody annoying habit of checking his facts before posting.

Wasn't the point - I can check my facts and state there 90,000 affected covid-19 people.

But got nothing to do with the thread.

10 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Honest the truth mate - I was not a fan of your posting (or blogging) for a long time. Then seeing your video channels I took a change firstly because you don't talk like you write and secondly because you are come across not only knowledgeable but also a very good Rangers fan.

* BTW: this is a doom & gloom sheep thread.

Hope you've got that tin hat handy 😂

Having time to think about what I'm going to say isnt always a good thing.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That wasn't based on europa league last 16 participation surely, the two extra home games, all the tv money as well, surely thats not far off the ten mill we required

Accounts were prepared in October so I'd guess the EL group money is accounted for in forecasts. That's not paid out, iirc, until the competition is completed though so if UEFA are going to drag their heels, they may have to make certain discretionary payments to clubs.

And that's without taking into account all of the other lost income over this period.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Hope you've got that tin hat handy 😂

Having time to think about what I'm going to say isnt always a good thing.

I and probably many others noticed and agree with @Hadron Collider your "yer man" comment. His would be our man - we're not disassociated from the guy. Hopefully he is ours - that's more Rangers like - particularly and more so in time of challenges...

Just now, The Dude said:

Accounts were prepared in October so I'd guess the EL group money is accounted for in forecasts. That's not paid out, iirc, until the competition is completed though so if UEFA are going to drag their heels, they may have to make certain discretionary payments to clubs.

And that's without taking into account all of the other lost income over this period.

Aye the group money is accounted for, the extra home games for the last 32 and last 16 surely worth well over 5mill itself not to mention extra prize money and extra tv money with tarriers being knocked out

If they do go under, I’m genuinely sorry for those normal workers (no matter what they think of us) who will lose their jobs, as it is their families that will suffer, as for the players, meh, they will get picked up here and there. As for the board fuck them and the horse they rode in on. Had they voted to keep us in the league in 2012 they would have had more than a fighting chance of surviving this, but like every other club they voted us out and then shamefully and  grovelingly in the manner of Uriah Heep submitted to the filth, rather than fight for glory. They and others were the architects of their own downfall, short term greed and settling for second best -at most - was the business model for all the SPL clubs when we were down and out. Cowards one and all not one made an attempt to unseat the engineers of our downfall. (I know our downfall was CW for the pedants but they capitalised on it) 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye the group money is accounted for, the extra home games for the last 32 and last 16 surely worth well over 5mill itself not to mention extra prize money and extra tv money with tarriers being knocked out

But as it is, we've only got the gate money for those two so far. Until UEFA pay out, that TV cash is as good as worthless to us. I wouldn't be surprised tbh if you start seeing clubs push for UEFA to make some sort of payouts soon based on EL/CL involvement.

Just now, The Dude said:

But as it is, we've only got the gate money for those two so far. Until UEFA pay out, that TV cash is as good as worthless to us. I wouldn't be surprised tbh if you start seeing clubs push for UEFA to make some sort of payouts soon based on EL/CL involvement.

My point is, is that the ten mill shortfall isnt ten mill anymore, its probably around 5mill (obviously the loss of income from the last few home games will impact, but to what extent we dont really know) 

9 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I and probably many others noticed and agree with @Hadron Collider your "yer man" comment. His would be our man - we're not disassociated from the guy. Hopefully he is ours - that's more Rangers like - particularly and more so in time of challenges...

'yer man' is just a colloquialism.

image.thumb.png.251f30aefd27bdcec8bafe6f6b1f7535.png

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

My point is, is that the ten mill shortfall isnt ten mill anymore, its probably around 5mill (obviously the loss of income from the last few home games will impact, but to what extent we dont really know) 

There's also going to be big losses in income from stuff like pitchside ads, programmes, RTV, food etc. I'd be surprised if it's substantially less than £10m unless UEFA pay out early.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You keep outing yourself and then you bitch when one of us calls you out on it,

There is simply no way, based on what you post on here, that you give a fuck about Rangers.

Just go FFS.

Archived