Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bad Robot

This seasons season ticket money

Will you take a ST refund   

181 members have voted

  1. 1. Will you take a ST refund

    • Yes
      10
    • No
      158
    • Not sure as need to wait to see what happens
      14


Recommended Posts


Difficult one this. Very few of us are on big money on here and every penny counts in support of family.   If you need the money then take the refund, no shame and you are no less committed. 
Be interesting to see if the players would sacrifice a week’s salary to refund ticket money to Bears who are in need.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. It’s what they have in place for the renewals. Yes most will / maybe renew , it’s the uncertainty and lively hoods affected with the current pandemic that could drop the ST numbers . Also the fact when will they start playing again?

Bad Robot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Difficult one this. Very few of us are on big money on here and every penny counts in support of family.   If you need the money then take the refund, no shame and you are no less committed. 
Be interesting to see if the players would sacrifice a week’s salary to refund ticket money to Bears who are in need.

 

Considering the money we have spent watching piss poor away performances this season it would be an interesting thought 

Bad Robot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Personally, no.

But you don't know some peoples circumstances, not many would have planned for this. 

They would already have paid the money, and it will probably save them money by not going 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old No7. said:

No. It’s what they have in place for the renewals. Yes most will / maybe renew , it’s the uncertainty and lively hoods affected with the current pandemic that could drop the ST numbers . Also the fact when will they start playing again?

Every bear that can renew straight away will do so mate . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not renewing my golf membership this year. Partly cause I dont play enough when we are not in lock down, but spending a grand now seems silly.

I dont have a season ticket now, I do the £20 a month Rangers TV thing instead.

If the club said "listen, we might not even have a season next year, but we need your season ticket money" I would throw £500 quid or whatever in to keep the club going, even if I didnt get to go to a single match.

If all of a sudden my job became at risk, or if a member of my family lost their job and needed help to cover their mortgage etc, then this would change my mind and I would have to prioritise my bills or my family.

In other words, it all comes down to individual priorities. Hopefully those who can help the club will, but everyones priority has to be on their family and themselves first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2020 at 14:38, savenosouls said:

Not sure about this - here's a left field suggestion - instead of a refund the club could issue shares up to the value of any refund (I do realise this has problems in certain circumstances) .

The whole thing sits uneasy - part of me says why as a fan should I take the hit while players as far as we understand are still being paid in full (less win bonuses etc) 

I don't know what the answer is - or if there really is a correct answer!

Its simple.  If your family needs the money and you can get a refund bloody take it. You would be stupid not to. 

I fortunately don't need to worry so wouldn't take one as as much as we like to think it's funny that Aberdeen could be in serious financial trouble, the chances are that this is going to run on long enough to also put our club in jeopardy so I'm looking to renew even though we might not even have a season to play. 

But family always comes first so please only refuse a refund if you can afford to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonathan1872 said:

Obviously folk would rather leave the money in the club, but we need to remember some folk have been crippled by this. I'll be missing a mortgage payment for the first time in 10 years, and me and the Mrs have discussed food banks. Just bad timing we went to Australia for two months December/January spent a fortune come back.and the world collapsed.

 

It's heart wrenching, and I've got two kids to sort out. 

 

Fans shouldn't be demonized for taking their money back, if the games weren't played.

But you don't even stand to get the 500+ back. 

 

We have all paid for it and barring I think 4 games have played all our home games. 

This isn't like the club have bumped us here. If we all tried to claim our ST money back the club would be no more. 

 

TamCoopz, 1690tamRFC and B1872 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

It would be a nice gesture from the players if they put their hands in their pockets. It's them after all, who has short changed the fans this season...again. 

Don't worry our pay cut offers will be coming soon. Barca dortmund and bayern already done it and lots of other super rich clubs being asked to do the same. 

Leverkusen players have actually waived all their remaining wages 

siamthedanger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, especially if the season is declared null and void and  it stops the Tims in their tracks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

But you don't even stand to get the 500+ back. 

 

We have all paid for it and barring I think 4 games have played all our home games. 

This isn't like the club have bumped us here. If we all tried to claim our ST money back the club would be no more. 

 

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this. Couple of people I've spoken to reckon clubs will be on the hook for the full amount, others think it'll just be the individual games (depending on how the season is ended).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this. Couple of people I've spoken to reckon clubs will be on the hook for the full amount, others think it'll just be the individual games (depending on how the season is ended).

So they can null and void season tickets but not a season? :lol:

B1872 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

So they can null and void season tickets but not a season? :lol:

No, theyre concerned null and voiding the season would see them liable for full refunds.

To slightly change an analogy folk have chucked around re: the title, if a game is abandoned after 80 minutes, you don't just get a refund for the last 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally wouldn’t want a refund.
 

I think the biggest question comes in asking fans to renew their season ticket just now when there could be people struggling to pay their mortgage.

The ticket will be less of a priority and clubs across the world could see huge drops in numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, theyre concerned null and voiding the season would see them liable for full refunds.

To slightly change an analogy folk have chucked around re: the title, if a game is abandoned after 80 minutes, you don't just get a refund for the last 10.

I don't want any refund wether the season is voided or not 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...