181 members have voted

1. 1. Will you take a ST refund

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure as need to wait to see what happens

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think the club will still look at sending out season ticket renewals next month?

I pay mine over a 4 month period so would be happy to do so again over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

That’s the difference right there mate.  Scum fans would be wanting money back I’m sure if it was voided. 

If it’s voided i hope they want their cash back and we can all watch them financially crumble 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Does anyone think the club will still look at sending out season ticket renewals next month?

I pay mine over a 4 month period so would be happy to do so again over the summer.

I doubt it. Would be foolish to start selling season tickets to a season which might still be delayed by several months. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I doubt it. Would be foolish to start selling season tickets to a season which might still be delayed by several months. 

Funny that as other SPFL sides are doing it including your undisputed championees

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

If it’s voided i hope they want their cash back and we can all watch them financially crumble 

Was gonna post that too mate. I’m sure this is why they are pushing so hard to be named champions. The meltdown would be immense. They would turn on themselves the cunts. 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Funny that as other SPFL sides are doing it including your undisputed championees

Undisputed? Where have I said that?

celtic and Aberdeen both have their on sale. As I said a few days ago it was a really dangerous move by both to have put them on sale.

Both of them put them on sale after there were already rumours there could be a shutdown. I interviewed Lee Miller at Falkirk on March 10th and asked him about the season potentially being suspended and it looks as though both celtic and Aberdeen's tickets went on sale from March 11th onwards.

That could really end up fucking both of them over if this drags on as long as feared it could.

Most conservative guesses now reckon it'll be August or September at the earliest before there's any football played in Scotland - with one or two suggestions it could be as late as January.

Any club putting season tickets out just now with absolutely no idea when the season will begin might end up having to pay out a hefty bill as a result.

21 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I don't want any refund wether the season is voided or not 

Same mate,  just want a sensible payment plan for next season to make sure people who have lost salary can still afford to renew their tickets. Extending the four month plan to six months to lower the monthly payment or something along they lines.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Same mate,  just want a sensible payment plan for next season to make sure people who have lost salary can still afford to renew their tickets. Extending the four month plan to six months to lower the monthly payment or something along they lines.

This is going to be vital for a lot of people I think. Hopefully the club do all they can to show some loyalty to the people who have shown theirs.

On 23/03/2020 at 14:26, Virtuoso said:

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is going to be vital for a lot of people I think. Hopefully the club do all they can to show some loyalty to the people who have shown theirs.

I never thought this day would come but it has landed.

The day has come that I like one of your posts dude lol.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Yes, this is the type of thing they should be doing and at the same time the players should be asked to take reduced salaries which can be made up later in the year (or ideally, not at all) once the club has its full cashflow and things are back to normal. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion over this. Couple of people I've spoken to reckon clubs will be on the hook for the full amount, others think it'll just be the individual games (depending on how the season is ended).

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, theyre concerned null and voiding the season would see them liable for full refunds.

To slightly change an analogy folk have chucked around re: the title, if a game is abandoned after 80 minutes, you don't just get a refund for the last 10.

If a game is abandoned before the first half is over you get a  full refund,  if the game is abandoned after the start of the second half its at the discretion of the organiser (i would think this would be the league).   

There is no way you would get the full season book money returned as the games gone by have already been played to a finish, the ones to come would be liable for a refund. As @Rfc52 says, thats 4 games. If you break my ST down i would reckon thats approx £30 per game so £120 off the price of next years book or a cash refund 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Undisputed? Where have I said that?

celtic and Aberdeen both have their on sale. As I said a few days ago it was a really dangerous move by both to have put them on sale.

Both of them put them on sale after there were already rumours there could be a shutdown. I interviewed Lee Miller at Falkirk on March 10th and asked him about the season potentially being suspended and it looks as though both celtic and Aberdeen's tickets went on sale from March 11th onwards.

That could really end up fucking both of them over if this drags on as long as feared it could.

Most conservative guesses now reckon it'll be August or September at the earliest before there's any football played in Scotland - with one or two suggestions it could be as late as January.

Any club putting season tickets out just now with absolutely no idea when the season will begin might end up having to pay out a hefty bill as a result.

Once again shows both those clubs up for what they are. And  hatred of Rangers will encourage them to buy. 

14 hours ago, Jonathan1872 said:

Obviously folk would rather leave the money in the club, but we need to remember some folk have been crippled by this. I'll be missing a mortgage payment for the first time in 10 years, and me and the Mrs have discussed food banks. Just bad timing we went to Australia for two months December/January spent a fortune come back.and the world collapsed.

It's heart wrenching, and I've got two kids to sort out. 

Fans shouldn't be demonized for taking their money back, if the games weren't played.

I’ve not seen one person demonise anyone, if any posters are very supportive of fans who’ll our their families first.

We should have had 3 home games before the split; celtic, Motherwell and St Johnstone and 2 games after the split so if the season is suspended a quarter of season ticket games will not be played.

I am a concession season ticket holder so my outlay was not as large as most and paid in May so  as far as I am concerned it is written off but there are many who paid out a lot more than me and who now have loss of wages while bills still have to be paid and these people  possibly need help and I hope the club does give the option to get some rebate.

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, theyre concerned null and voiding the season would see them liable for full refunds.

To slightly change an analogy folk have chucked around re: the title, if a game is abandoned after 80 minutes, you don't just get a refund for the last 10.

This is a nonsense.

People may be entitled to a partial refund for the games they have missed out on.

Even if the season was voided, they would have been granted access for the duration of the games that were played. Even if the games dont count to an official title, people were still at the match, they were still provided the facilities. They were provided the emergency services.

People are not refunded when a game is complete and the game is declared null and void, like the numerous occasions where celtic have been pumped and then found a by law to get the European opponent to be kicked out on a clerical error. 

it is the same with TV and Sponsorship. When someone raises a claim, they have to show where they have suffered a tangible loss. TV and  sponsorship may be due a pro-rata'd sum back for the matches that were not completed. They cannot however claim that for the games played, they did not get Sky TV subscription money from those who paid to watch these games. The sponsors cannot claim that nulling the season would somehow trigger some form of Men In Black like memory wipe, where people are made to forget the advertising that they seen. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’ve been told Rangers T&Cs mean the club don’t have to refund on a pro-rata basis but celtic do?

I can’t see this anywhere. Anyone heard similar?

It was in one of the papers.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5429609/celtic-season-ticket-compensation-Rangers-liable-payout/

DE-BRIEF 

celtic fans due season ticket compensation if season ends but Rangers ‘not liable’ for ‘£3.4m’ payout

celtic season ticket holders will be compensated if the campaign ends early - but Rangers 'won't be liable' for an approximate £3.4m payout.

Scottish football is currently on hold as it deals with the global threat of the deadly coronavirus pandemic.

And while Hampden chiefs hope to finish the season at a later date, it remains to be seen whether this will be achievable.

That means there is yet a possibility that the campaign could be forced to end early.

In that event, season ticket holders of all clubs, including celtic and Rangers, will be keen to find out if they are entitled to any compensation.

We told you yesterday how Manchester United are ready to pay back £6MILLIONto season ticket holders if their final home games are cancelled or played behind closed doors.

And Hoops fans would be entitled to some form of compensation in the event that the remaining home league games are cancelled.

Although it is unclear if this would be in the form of a refund or by some other method.

celtic's season ticket terms and conditions state: "If the club is unable to complete a match fixture to provide a result for the purposes of the football authorities due to causes beyond the control of the club, and that match fixture is not re-scheduled, the holder will be compensated for any corresponding reduction in services."

Looking at the Parkhead club's most recent accounts for the year ending June 30, 2019, it is unclear what their specific income for season tickets was.

But it is stated that the club sold 52,457 season tickets last season.

For Rangers season ticket holders however, the club state that they will not be held liable in the event that games are cancelled.

The Ibrox club's season ticket terms and conditions for this season state: "The club, in conjunction with the relevant football authorities, reserve the right to alter the published date and/or kick-off time of any fixture at any time.

"The club cannot accept any liability for any expense incurred even in the event that the match is cancelled."

If Rangers were to take similar measures to Manchester United and pay their season ticket holders back for the value of their remaining home games, it could amount to approximately £3.4m.

This is based on the Light Blues' most recent annual accounts for 2019.

The club declared £16.1m in season ticket income last season, with that being broken down into around £847,000 every home league game.

Using that value as a basis for the final four home games of this campaign, it would amount to approximately £3.4m.

However, if the season is indeed able to be finished at a later date, celtic AND Rangers season ticket holders's briefs will still be valid.

On 26/03/2020 at 13:05, The Dude said:

Saying that first part was correct regarding a null and void situation, I would honestly like to believe that not one near who has a ST would even contemplate taking a full season worth of money out the club knowing full well the devastating effect it would have. I can’t actually believe anyone would even want the remaining unfulfilled games back. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

So basically another reason why they are pushing so hard to avert a ‘null and void’ season as it gives their fans the power to claim back all their ST money back during this financial crisis which as their brood will need their school uniforms paid for...

Archived