Ally McCoist: Donates to NHS Workers Transport Fund

Sweetheart

Rangers legend Ally McCoist makes donation to Glasgow NHS workers' transport - McCoist urges followers to join him in supporting the appeal

GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/f/glasgow-nhs-taxi-fund

Ally McCoist has urged his followers to donate to a fundraising campaign aiming to cover of the cost of transport for NHS workers in Glasgow. Scott McMillan and Brian Welsh's appeal aims to make life easier for staff working in hospitals, and is working in partnership with Glasgow Taxis. After making a donation himself, former Rangers striker McCoist shared details of the fund on his Instagram account. The Ibrox legend said: "Support our NHS heroes. I've donated. "If you can afford £5+, you can too. "Every £ helps."

The explanation on the GoFundMe page reads: "As a family, all we have been asked to do is stay at home and is that really a big ask? "We watch and we listen to the news but we are at home and our direct contact with what may happen over the next few weeks /months will hopefully only be through that distance. "For families with NHS workers though, they will have to live it and deal with it, for all of us. "Long story short, I would like to help these folk by setting up a fund to cover the cost of transport for NHS workers in Glasgow (I will suggest to friends in other cities they do the same.)

The reasons for this are simple. "Their time will be better spent in hospitals than waiting on other transport. "They should not have to wait to get home to their families after a shift. "Taxi drivers although maybe wanting to help where they can still have to pay for fuel and and car etc - I know many have already given NHS staff free transport while incurring a loss. "To say thanks to all Glasgow NHS staff and to show that we appreciate their efforts. 

"The initial fund will be in partnership with Glasgow Taxis Ltd, who have agreed to provide their highest discount rate and whose vehicles - cleaned and sanitised and with a partition between driver and passenger - are the cleanest form of travel at this time. "Taxi drivers have already taken a financial hit to help NHS staff in Glasgow so far - now let's help them and work together to support NHS staff in the weeks ahead. "The initial fundraising target is £10,000 and we will work together with Glasgow Taxis to make sure 100% of funds raised are used for our NHS heroes who need it. 

To NHS staff - if this fund can help you at this time, please accept our offer of support. Phone 0141 429 7070 to book a taxi to any Glasgow hospital or back, quote NHSTaxi when booking and show your NHS ID to the driver at the start of your journey.  "Please forward link on any social platforms you are on and to any employers / businesses you are involved with or deal with. "Lets get behind this and show our support!" https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/football/Rangers-legend-ally-mccoist-makes-17965186

40 minutes ago, TMB said:

The amount raised is sitting at just over £1000 so I’m guessing McCoist didn’t put much in.  The target is £10k he should’ve donated the entire amount.  

He may have donated directly and it’s not included in the running total.

Ally does a lot of good work for numerous charities and donates a lot of money but it’s easy to sit and say how much money somebody else should put in.  It’s on other threads here too, saying that players should be donating x% of their wages for this, that and the other.

Just give if you want to give and don’t concern yourself too much about what anybody else does.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

The amount raised is sitting at just over £1000 so I’m guessing McCoist didn’t put much in.  The target is £10k he should’ve donated the entire amount.  

He has made plenty aware of something that most never knew about, not the time for bitching imo.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Fuck off you absolute bore.

Let me get this into proportion, McCoist caused me to give up my ST because he got paid £630,000 to  dig his back garden, helps SCIAF and promises dosh to NHS workers.

23 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Let me get this into proportion, McCoist caused me to give up my ST because he got paid £630,000 to  dig his back garden, helps SCIAF and promises dosh to NHS workers.

He puts the record straight about that in this interview

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If every single player in the epl gave a weeks wages the NHS could easily cope in this crisis, 

It would be a great gesture if they did but some are already helping out by letting the NHS staff have free accommodation whilst they combat this virus. There's a variety of other ways that footballers are showing random acts of kindness. Watford are doing a scheme to help the vulnerable by doing shopping, walking dogs, phoning people and having a chat so that they don't get lonely. 

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If every single player in the epl gave a weeks wages the NHS could easily cope in this crisis, 

I saw the other day average wage in epl is 60k/week. Let's say 25 players a squad in 20 teams that's 500 players and would raise £30m. Yes it would a massive help but is only a small fraction of what the NHS will need. I do like the sentiment though and it would be an amazing gesture. If only all the tax Dodgers paid their due that would most likely go a long way to covering the financial cost to the NHS.

14 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I saw the other day average wage in epl is 60k/week. Let's say 25 players a squad in 20 teams that's 500 players and would raise £30m. Yes it would a massive help but is only a small fraction of what the NHS will need. I do like the sentiment though and it would be an amazing gesture. If only all the tax Dodgers paid their due that would most likely go a long way to covering the financial cost to the NHS.

If the average EPL player is getting 60k a week they are paying nearly £1.4m a year in tax.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

If the average EPL player is getting 60k a week they are paying nearly £1.4m a year in tax.

Agreed, I wasn't necessarily referring to epl players when I was talking about tax Dodgers though, it was all tax dodgers.

5 hours ago, TMB said:

The gardener is a miserable sod.  Him giving 10k would be like us giving £5. Good publicity for very little commitment, well played the cheeky chappie.

Archived