How many teams will go under?

banjobear

1 minute ago, peter huistra said:

Can see a few teams merging together . 

We can show no sympathy though as in 2012 they tried every underhand tactic to attempt to kill our club and they failed .

There’s been talk of a Dundee merger since the yanks took over United but the support of both teams won’t accept it, and no wonder even if it makes sense financially. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

I think if some . most of the Scottish do go under, I Can also see some on England's lower league teams going too .. this would mean quite a restructuring exercise ...

Massive mate, but the fact Leeds have already gone the same route as hearts and any members of staff throughout the whole club on £30k or more tells you the impact this is having on everycunt 

6 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate if it actually happened that Scottish football collapses of course they would find a way in for us. It’s worth far to much money not to. 
as I said to the dude, it’s easy to say they don’t want/need it while it can’t happen but once it can it’ll be different 100% 

Go to a pub in London, Liverpool, Manchester etc when the OF is on and the level of interest in two teams north of the border speaks for itself.    

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We’d be of more value to English football than Swansea or Cardiff.  Can’t see Skyports not wanting it to happen. 

We might be of more value than Swansea or Cardiff Rangers and celtic in the English league won't generate any more cash over and above the obscene amounts they already get in the top-flight. We'd also have to climb up through the leagues as there's absolutely no way we'd be parachuted into the Premier League.

23 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Plenty of teams and organisations would welcome the support and financial clout we offer. Why do you undermine the value of our support?

The current structure in this country is geared to the perpetual success of a single club who should really have been closed down by now.

Any format where they don’t call the shots is progress imo.

Who? Who would welcome us?  I’m positive everytime we’ve tickled the English lot we’ve been told to fuck off   

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We might be of more value than Swansea or Cardiff Rangers and celtic in the English league won't generate any more cash over and above the obscene amounts they already get in the top-flight. We'd also have to climb up through the leagues as there's absolutely no way we'd be parachuted into the Premier League.

We might get parachuted int Championship or League One though. There’s a lot of teams in England that might go under too. They’re not immune to this pandemic. 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We’d be of more value to English football than Swansea or Cardiff.  Can’t see Skyports not wanting it to happen. 

Definitely mate, I can understand the reason back in the early 90’s that the English fa were against the idea when we were financially in a better place than the English top flight and had half the English National team playing at Ibrox as they were worried (rightly so) that we would come in and stroll it, aye times have changed due to the crazy level of investment, but honestly if we were playing at pretty much any level in their league system then fuck me were a completely different prospect and a club of our size and stature in the game would without question all of a sudden become an interesting proposition for serious backers to get involved that wouldn’t dream of investing while we play in Scotland. 

17 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I really believe if it actually came to that and us and them had no league to play, the commercial aspect of what we offer alone would change that stance. It’s easy to say they wouldn’t want it when it’s not a possibility 

Teams who we would potentially replace would kick up fuck. Which would be everybody below the top 6

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

We might get parachuted int Championship or League One though. There’s a lot of teams in England that might go under too. They’re not immune to this pandemic. 

Aye, I'm sure clubs will happily vote for us to jump several tiers at their expense.

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Definitely mate, I can understand the reason back in the early 90’s that the English fa were against the idea when we were financially in a better place than the English top flight and had half the English National team playing at Ibrox as they were worried (rightly so) that we would come in and stroll it, aye times have changed due to the crazy level of investment, but honestly if we were playing at pretty much any level in their league system then fuck me were a completely different prospect and a club of our size and stature in the game would without question all of a sudden become an interesting proposition for serious backers to get involved that wouldn’t dream of investing while we play in Scotland. 

Bang on. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye, I'm sure clubs will happily vote for us to jump several tiers at their expense.

Of course mate it’s all about personal survival, but there’s no telling if all leagues clubs there survive either. Might need a whole lot of reconstruction come the start of play again 

Just now, LiverpoolBlue said:

It would be more up to Sky and BT than the FA .. the hand that feeds and all that ...

The money gurus might just sit round the table and decide who they want in a top league.    Rangers and celtic or Norwich and Bournemouth?    No disrespect to either of those clubs.    It could go a step further with a one tier or two tier European league with 20 teams in each league.  

2 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

It would be more up to Sky and BT than the FA .. the hand that feeds and all that ...

I think people underestimate the power they have mate. Fuck me if it wasn’t for Sky the EPL would be miles off what it is, don’t get me wrong England’s top flight has always been decent but it was always behind Italy and Spain for attracting the football elite that wasn’t born in the uk. 

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

The money gurus might just sit round the table and decide who they want in a top league.    Rangers and celtic or Norwich and Bournemouth?    No disrespect to either of those clubs.    It could go a step further with a one tier or two tier European league with 20 teams in each league.  

That’s the thing, at least half the top flight are nothing clubs but EPL millions make them available to sign crazy cunts that wouldn’t even have heard if them 10 years back. Imagine what the fuck we could achieve with access to that level of backing. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think we'd generate much additional revenue for Sky and BT over what they already get?

Well the TV  money the SFA got as I remember was cut drastically as soon as was possible after we were fucked of to the lower leagues .. because there were no more OF games.

So I think there is interest - 

Well the TV  money the SFA got as I remember was cut drastically as soon as was possible after we were fucked of to the lower leagues .. because there were no more OF games.

So I think there is interest - 

We make less in a decade from TV money than the worst team in the PL will make in a single season. 

because were stuck in this backwater 

Can’t see what’s hard to understand about that. Rangers v Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool or spurs etc is far more box office than any of the above playing Norwich or Southampton and they fucking absolutely know it. Even if we start in the bottom tier, what a fucking story that creates and it 100% would generate massive interest on a different level, even if it comes from people wanting us to fail the interest is unquestionable 

Phil Gartside said years ago that we would never receive enough votes as I would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.....the premier league is the holy grail down there....outwith say 8/10 clubs who are more or less guaranteed a place there are another 30 odd teams who want a place at the table....realistically it ain't going to happen 

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think we'd generate much additional revenue for Sky and BT over what they already get?

If we played in the epl then I would subscribe, so that's one.

Archived