Euro 96.

1 hour ago, ready1873 said:

Loved euro 2008. Was 18 and started betting and me and me wee mate fancied Turkey from the start and made a relatively small fortune off backing them and Nihat. Class times. 

First one I remember.

Can remember the Croatia Turkey game, somebody scored with about a minute left only for the other team to equalise.

54 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

First one I remember.

Can remember the Croatia Turkey game, somebody scored with about a minute left only for the other team to equalise.

It was Klasnic iirc who got the first and we were heavily linked with him at the time.

Still one of my favourite tournaments, possibly because I was at an impressionable age. Looking back, there were very few goals and a lot of 0-0s, but I seem to have blanked that out.

Dieter Eilts and Mattias Sammer bossing it for the Germans. An England team who were even better than in 1990. The racial divide in the Dutch camp, Edgar Davids being sent home. Turkilmaz saying he wanted to beat Scotland because he hated Souness. A hint of greatness to come from France. The emergence of Croatia. Poborsky and Berger. Laudrup and Gascoigne. McCoist v Switzerland. Fantasy Football on the telly. Lightning Seeds.

Great days.

• 1 month later...

I was building glass block panels in a Warner Brothers cinema in East Finchley when this tournament was on. 

Really got caught up in all the excitement and watching the running battles with the pissed up England fans and the police after England lost on penalties to the Germans was hilarious. 

5 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I was building glass block panels in a Warner Brothers cinema in East Finchley when this tournament was on. 

Really got caught up in all the excitement and watching the running battles with the pissed up England fans and the police after England lost on penalties to the Germans was hilarious. 

They caused mayhem at every tournament from the mid 70s right up to Euro 2000.

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Decided to watch some of this considering I'm doing not much else. I've got Holland v Scotland on and Craig Brown really made some weird decisions!

Went to that one.

Was a good day out.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was that the "We will rock you game"? or was that the play-off in 99?

Don’t remember that, mate, so could have been the play-off.

Or could be me, just not remembering it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived