Dave King

Dave Hedgehog

29 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Bit in the statement:

"RIFC is pleased to confirm that the funding plan announced at the recent AGM is well advanced, with significant investment already received and further commitments in place"

I wonder if this will cover the shortfall and keep us going until football can resume. 

The difference between now and 2012 is that we don't have the imaginary/fabricated toxic debt. 

I believe King  steadied the ship.

For that alone I salute him.

Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the Board has to revaluate the financial aspect of the moment.

We are in what is known as a  "force majeure", where contracts due to end in June, will be extended until all games are completed. This is where the SFA/SPFL must announce their decision as to finishing or completing the season. This non announcement puts Clubs in limbo as to future finances and that is why the future investment has been PUT ON HOLD.

As I see it, by naming Park as "interim chairman", the future investment and with it, a new chairman, will go ahead once the idiots at Hampden get their finger out.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Bizarre. Them and King are completely contradicting each other. 

Could it not be a parting gift from DK to the BBC.

Tell them a story, slightly bent, knowing they'll ridicule anything he says. Tom the tim was on it in a flash, then looked silly when the Board's statement came out.

It's easy to fuck up a journalist as they believe everything that's said, then spin it.

7 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Tell them a story, slightly bent, knowing they'll ridicule anything he says. Tom the tim was on it in a flash, then looked silly when the Board's statement came out.

It's easy to fuck up a journalist as they believe everything that's said, then spin it.

Unfortunately, the very same could be said of supporters.

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It may just be a wording issue, but surprised that the difference in statements seems to being ignored. 

Because if more payed attention to it they'd come to the realisation that something isn't quite right there. Let's hope there's investment. 

13 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I hope that's the case, I honestly do. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely this meant that the ten mill shortfall was already in place, so hopefully the extra euro income we didnt expect covers us in this lockdown

Screenshot_20200327-233652_Twitter.jpg

When do you get the euro money? Read on here that it was at the end of the season. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Because if more payed attention to it they'd come to the realisation that something isn't quite right there. Let's hope there's investment. 

Yes investment is the main thing. 

It just seems strange that these two statements have come out,  each one contradicting the other and no one seems to think it is a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes investment is the main thing. 

It just seems strange that these two statements have come out,  each one contradicting the other and no one seems to think it is a problem. 

No problem Bru, we can't move forward  financially until the Hampden idiots let us know when and how the season ends.

Just now, bornabear said:

No problem Bru, we can't move forward  financially until the Hampden idiots let us know when and how the season ends.

I get that mate, it just would have been good for the two statements to be in line with each other IMO. We are all a bit concerned about what this virus crisis will do to our Club and this just concerns me a little. 

I did read your post about it being deliberate, while that could be correct I am not sure Dave is sitting in SA thinking what a laugh it will be to feed pish to the Scottish Media. But then I could be wrong and you are right. :thumbsup:  

Two things caught my eye on those statements.  Interim chairman and  future investment on hold.

Interim would suggest Park will be there for a shortish period (until this virus is out of the way).

Future investment cannot be made while we're still in lockdown, thus the put on hold.  Once we're back to normal, the investment is made and with it, a new chairman.

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

Two things caught my eye on those statements.  Interim chairman and  future investment on hold.

Interim would suggest Park will be there for a shortish period (until this virus is out of the way).

Future investment cannot be made while we're still in lockdown, thus the put on hold.  Once we're back to normal, the investment is made and with it, a new chairman.

Finally! You might want to explain that to the dude.

28 minutes ago, King Jela said:

When do you get the euro money? Read on here that it was at the end of the season. 

Aye prize money, but not the 2mill+ per home game we banked plus hospitality, catering etc, when the accounts were done we hadnt qualified for the last 32 yet, 

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

The investors were supposedly Hong Kong based. I mentioned in the thread on the boardroom chat that anybody from HK would likely not be as wealthy as they were 12 months ago due to the riots and turmoil over there, Coronavirus is only going to add to that. 

There’s not going to be any fresh investment for a long time, we’re going to need to sell the likes of Buff and Tav just to stay afloat 

The new investor named is based in Japan.  His company's assets are spread throughout the far east.   If he was going to invest in RFC it would need to be cash and not shares.   

Archived