Dave King

Dave Hedgehog

On 28/03/2020 at 13:32, ErzaSpearmint said:

Douglas Park' businesses are on a very shoogly peg right now. Nobody is hiring coaches, nor will they for a good few months. The economy was looking bad before the virus struck, nobody is buying a big new BMW or Audi anytime soon.

Sad inescapable fact, there will be a glut of second-hand cars that grieving families will need to shift as well as the rest of us having to give up our nice motors cos the money is not coming in.

If we are looking for investment, it won't be coming via Douglas Park.

And I'm far from convinced this mysterious Japanese based guy will do anything. My supposition is he came, read the books and decided it was not for him but left a nice message in the visitors book.

Sorry to say but things look bleak. Dave King will NOT be regarded fondly by future generations of Rangers supporters. He has left us in a very precarious position and to think otherwise is self-delusion. We may be the people but the financial world doesn't give a monkeys about that. 

We dying again bro? 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

No doubt he's done good things especially relative to the state we'd been in ownership/boardroom wise for years.

Ultimately it hasn't got us back to where we need to be yet which is a massive disappointment

More the fault of muppet managers rather than lack of backing from King. Not sure how much of the blame for that he should take.

On 28/03/2020 at 09:32, ErzaSpearmint said:

Douglas Park' businesses are on a very shoogly peg right now. Nobody is hiring coaches, nor will they for a good few months. The economy was looking bad before the virus struck, nobody is buying a big new BMW or Audi anytime soon.

Sad inescapable fact, there will be a glut of second-hand cars that grieving families will need to shift as well as the rest of us having to give up our nice motors cos the money is not coming in.

And I'm far from convinced this mysterious Japanese based guy will do anything. My supposition is he came, read the books and decided it was not for him but left a nice message in the visitors book.

Sorry to say but things look bleak. Dave King will NOT be regarded fondly by future generations of Rangers supporters. He has left us in a very precarious position and to think otherwise is self-delusion. We may be the people but the financial world doesn't give a monkeys about that. 

A fucking breath of fresh air you are. Thanks for that. 

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Just the 10 trophies in a row the tarriers won under his stewardship 

I do see where you are coming from mate but we were virtually on our knees. It took time to get here. Should we win the league next year, I think the credit goes to DK rather Douglas Park.

Lol. Love it when they get excited that they just can't hide it. 

'We may be the people but the financial world doesn't give a monkeys about that' being my personal favourite. 

ErzaSpearschildren

37 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Keith Jackson on twitter saying he has an interview exclusive with Jim McColl on his plans for us.

I think this is  trick, it will be about what he maybe had planned in the past, but nothing about the present is my guess.  :thinking:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think this is  trick, it will be about what he maybe had planned in the past, but nothing about the present is my guess.  :thinking:

Just seen it. It is  mccoll saying he will consider mounting a Rangers takeover after coronavirus has passed. 

Tycoon Jim McColl has confirmed he will seriously consider mounting a Rangers takeover - but only after the world has emerged from the current coronavirus crisis.

McColl spoke exclusively to Record Sport in order to clarify his position after a video emerged online over the weekend in which he floats the idea of a possible ‘money-ball’ buy-out of the Ibrox club.

The 68-year-old admitted he has no intention of stepping in at a time when his own businesses are attempting to cope with the current global pandemic.

But McColl insisted he and other potential investors could be tempted to make a move ‘in the medium term’.

McColl, who has been described as Scotland’s most wealthy man, said: “It’s not a live issue just now but that’s not to say it couldn’t become a live one in the future.

“That doesn’t mean it’s something for the long term either. It could be something that comes up in the medium term.”

See if he was remotely interested he could invest a few million in the proposed next share issue. 1-2 million is not going to impact his life or his business whatsoever.

In fact at numerous points he could have without actually getting involved. He could have had a 5% or so shareholding.

once the lockdown is over I dare say we won’t hear any comments from him with regards to the team for ages after that

You are a bundle of laughs.   

On 30/03/2020 at 02:58, ElBufalo20 said:

Just the 10 trophies in a row the tarriers won under his stewardship 

I can understand this point, surely the management to an extent and players shoulder the blame here for panting their shants massively after xmas when in the stronger position....2 years in a row

Archived