Tancredi Palmeri / UEFA president Ceferin

Dave Hedgehog

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So now the SPFL can declare their winner without needing UEFA approval. When that happens, you will be coming on here smugly saying " I told you so"

I won't - but it won't stop some from claiming that I did.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So now the SPFL can declare their winner without needing UEFA approval. When that happens, you will be coming on here smugly saying " I told you so"

Looked for the interview from Michelle Uva.

Not saying she didn’t say it but it’s only the Daylate Rhebel that has it. Not even on UEFA’s own website. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Looked for the interview from Michelle Uva.

Not saying she didn’t say it but it’s only the Daylate Rhebel that has it. Not even on UEFA’s own website. 🙄

Where about are Ceferin's quotes about leagues being lost on UEFA's website? 😂

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/michele-uva-uefa-unita-e-compatta-prima-la-salute-del-business_16698047-202002a.shtml

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I seen them on multiple sites. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😎

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

An emoji of tears of joy? So much for not acting smug. That lasted all of two minutes.  Pathetic excuse for a Rangers supporter.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's no solution that is right across the board for nations either. Although UEFA have since confirmed it will be left down to national associations:

"It's not a matter for us, it will be up to each league to decide.

"The only issue concerns those players who have contracts or loans expiring on June 30 but that isn't a matter for UEFA, which will only ask for the list of teams that will participate in the next European competitions by a certain date."

There is.  The programme set out has not been fulfilled so the only (and lets not kid on) solution that does not allow legal action by wronged parties is to declare the leagues as null and void.  This is a political beach ball thats going to be kicked about until the 30th of June and then the big hammer will come down in judgement. Until then its only conjecture and it allows people who in reality dont have any more of a clue than the rest of us to spout nonsense for the next 12odd weeks.  

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

There is.  The programme set out has not been fulfilled so the only (and lets not kid on) solution that does not allow legal action by wronged parties is to declare the leagues as null and void.  This is a political beach ball thats going to be kicked about until the 30th of June and then the big hammer will come down in judgement. Until then its only conjecture and it allows people who in reality dont have any more of a clue than the rest of us to spout nonsense for the next 12odd weeks.  

Ireland's season has only just started, why would they end in June? 

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Null and void doesn’t suit certain people mate 👍

4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Based on their finances they are always going to want that. 

You just can’t give winners trophies and medals to teams that have simply not earned them. 👍

:tu:

I totally agree mate 100% ...... except ..... If you were a young member of the never in a million years separate entity  .... CBC ..... whose CFC leaders and many coaches were in the habit of awarding trophies to young lads for appearing in fictitious tournaments country wide and overseas.

Hmmm! ....... I wonder if that procedure is what the equally never in a million years separate entity .... CFC .... who's  leaders and manager along with the CFC media onslaught ...... are sickeningly hoping will be classified as "precedent" in their vomit inducing  quest to be awarded this season's title.

As the Everly Brothers were always singing ..... "Dream ...... Dream ...... Dream"  ....... hopefully this season turns out to be the nightmare on Kiddyfiddlers street for all these sad bastards.

🇬🇧

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

I totally agree mate 100% ...... except ..... If you were a young member of the never in a million years separate entity  .... CBC ..... whose CFC leaders and many coaches were in the habit of awarding trophies to young lads for appearing in fictitious tournaments country wide and overseas.

Hmmm! ....... I wonder if that procedure is what the equally never in a million years separate entity .... CFC .... who's  leaders and manager along with the CFC media onslaught ...... are sickeningly hoping will be classified as "precedent" in their vomit inducing  quest to be awarded this season's title.

As the Everly Brothers were always singing ..... "Dream ...... Dream ...... Dream"  ....... hopefully this season turns out to be the nightmare on Kiddyfiddlers street for all these sad bastards.

🇬🇧

Spot on mate 👍👍

5 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

It'll depend when it peaks in certain countries . They're saying we should peak within a fortnight meaning we could maybe resume june .All going well that is .

Some have peaked and some like italy and Spain for some reason is out of control..I think that's why it's a case by case basis.

Have just watched the latest Govt statements on the virus,they will have a 3 weeks rolling assessment of the situation but could take 6 months for things to get back to normal 😞

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

English on the radio asked what he’s hearing...he said ....called as is, no relegation 

So no relegation and give the paedophiles the title? 

Or null and void?

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It simply has to be null and void.

Of course certain teams will be unhappy but can anyone tell me a fairer solution? 

The only hope we had of null & void was UEFA but they have basically come out and said it will be up to individual governing organizations to decide. We know which way the SPFL are going to go.

Unless I interpreted the UEFA statement wrongly.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The only hope we had of null & void was UEFA but they have basically come out and said it will be up to individual governing organizations to decide. We know which way the SPFL are going to go.

Unless I interpreted the UEFA statement wrongly.

If UEFA leave it up to individual FA’s then football is going on a rollercoaster, problem being not everyone is on the same one.

Leagues could feasibly hold on to get leagues complete while others null and void and others hand out titles.

How mental would that be and when would football get back to normal? 

UEFA need to take some lead here.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If UEFA leave it up to individual FA’s then football is going on a rollercoaster, problem being not everyone is on the same one.

Leagues could feasibly hold on to get leagues complete while others null and void and others hand out titles.

How mental would that be and when would football get back to normal? 

UEFA need to take some lead here.

I agree, however yesterday's statement leans the other way.

THE decision on how to complete the 2019/20 season will have to be made by individual league bodies, according to UEFA's vice-president.

All four of Scotland's professional leagues have been suspended indefinitely to curb the spread of coronavirus with around a quarter of the campaign still to be played.

Players and clubs alike have raised their concerns as to how the season should be played out, with the resumption of football likely to significantly impact the 2020/21 campaign.

The decision will now have to be made by the SPFL itself after Michele Uva, vice-president of European football's governing body, publicly ruled out any directives being issued from UEFA.

When asked by SportMediaset whether or not individual members would be told how to complete their domestic campaigns, Uva insisted: "It's not a matter for us, it will be up to each league to decide.

"The only issue concerns those players who have contracts or loans expiring on June 30 but that isn't a matter for UEFA, which will only ask for the list of teams that will participate in the next European competitions by a certain date."

evening times

The onus is on the spfl, and other nations footballing authorities, to determine their own course of action. No issues with this as there will be numerous rule variations between the different leagues.

Theres been plenty said about our rules, and their interpretation, and we'll find out soon enough how the spfl view their own legislation. Whichever way they go legal challenges will likely follow. This has all got a long way to go yet, more than likely well beyond whenever and whatever the spfl announce their decision.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The onus is on the spfl, and other nations footballing authorities, to determine their own course of action. No issues with this as there will be numerous rule variations between the different leagues.

Theres been plenty said about our rules, and their interpretation, and we'll find out soon enough how the spfl view their own legislation. Whichever way they go legal challenges will likely follow. This has all got a long way to go yet, more than likely well beyond whenever and whatever the spfl announce their decision.

I heard the rule that they can end the league early and give positions and trophies as it sits, that’s not how I read it though.

Rangers said they don’t think the league can be awarded without the season being complete. I’m more inclined to go with that as I think Rangers will know the rulebook inside out. 👍

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Have just watched the latest Govt statements on the virus,they will have a 3 weeks rolling assessment of the situation but could take 6 months for things to get back to normal 😞

Let's hope it's not 6 months otherwise the economy will collapse. 

Archived