Morelos to Newcastle

Blue_Devil

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'd agree if it was simply a case of £25m cash upfront and that's was that but that's not how it works. 

celtic got £25m up front for Tierney.  If you put a price on a player and stand firm on cash up front you can get it.  

If Morelos wants to go then it is up to us to get the best deal we can. We will be dealing with a Newcastle or Villa type club and who knows where the market will be after the pandemic has finished. I reckon 20 to 25 million over 4 payments with a sell on clause would be good business in this uncertian time.

We’re too reliant on Morelos and his goals in my opinion.  When he was suspended/lost form after the winter break our season completely collapsed.

If selling Morelos for £20m would allow us to get 4-5 players in we could be better off.  We need more goals midfield to front.  Hagi will be £5m, get that lad Majer, get a big CF, a box-to-box central midfielder who can score, etc. 

Rather than rely on one guy we'll spread the goals throughout the team.

7 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I honestly didn't think there were people still around who believed a word when players "say the right things".

But he backed it up twice by signing an extension which is different 
He could have not signed and then got his agent on the case. 

I’m confused about why folks want rid. Who the fuck else is there? Seriously, who?

44 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Aye what a waste with his 77 goals in 134 games... 

Many games (and big games) has he missed with suspension or internal disciplinary issues? 

Bottled it against the filth time and time again. Sent off twice. 

Has scored once since Christmas break. Put on about a stone and barely tried a leg since then either. 

He’s got 12 league goals this season. Less than Defoe who’s in his late 30s and barely starts.

Great on his day, but an absolute liability. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

But he backed it up twice by signing an extension which is different 
He could have not signed and then got his agent on the case. 

I’m confused about why folks want rid. Who the fuck else is there? Seriously, who?

Morelos will go at some time and this is where scouts earn the club money.

3 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Morelos will go at some time and this is where scouts earn the club money.

He does. Which like many will be in the last season of his contract ending (a couple of seasons away). 

it’s taken us 10 years to find a 30+ a season striker.  We don’t have the luxury of waiting another 10

£20m and we’re doing well. Coronavirus might have actually saved us from Morelos driving his value to the ground the rest of the season. Now we can still look back and say he has 30 goals, 6 in Europe and one for Colombia and his recent barron spell is just a short spell of poor form in an overall outstanding season. 

Cover up how absolutely dire he’s been since January 

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

It’s not speculation, it’s planted story by his agent 

It certainly is not speculation by that outlet. I have seen it in about 4 different places.

Most others also mention French Eddy as an option for Newcastle. While they don't put a figure on Morelos, they are quoting£30 mil for Edourd. Before Christmas I would have been demanding more for Morelos than Edourd but I think 20-25mil still reflects a slight dip but the huge potential Morelos has.

Newcastle paid £40mil for Joelinton, and are looking for someone with more goals.

Before new year we could have got that kind of figure for him, especially right after the Feyenoord away game. After the way hes been after the break I struggle to see anyone paying that for him. Hes only worth what a team is willing to pay and theyre not daft, with his attitude they will know that he isn't as big a loss to us as he should be. if we were offered anywhere near £20 million we would be insane to knock it back. 

Pretty sure he'll be off this summer but can't see us getting anything near £20 million, unfortunately.  More likely to be less than half of that due to his recent form and his disciplinary record.  Any interested club will feel there is a large element of risk in signing him.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

No point in these  arguments over him mate .He splits the support and there’s loads of reason why .Especially lately 

Maybe waster is harsh .He is very unappreciative of what Rangers has done for him .His record of goals is good yet so was Tore Andre Flo’s 

Tore Andre Flo would cost about £50m in today's market!

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

What, apart from him extending his contract twice last season to take him to 2023 and him saying this

(direct  quote)

"My career has progressed quicker and better than I could have expected when I joined this great club. I feel a strong connection with the fans and they have made me feel special."

so that’s some actions and words   Over to you I suppose 

You started off asking a question there and never actually finished it. Bizarre post. So have you seen anything from January onwards that makes you think he's happy or not? Simple enough question.

Archived