Morelos to Newcastle

Blue_Devil

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Boy can play for any epl club outside Liverpool and city. Rotten these last 6months given but what a talent he is

Transfer fees this summer are going to be significantly less than before, as a lot of clubs are going to reign in spending. 

Unless we’re getting £15-20million plus for him, there’s no point selling. Being brutally honest, there’s a very very slim chance we’ll get that kind of money for him in the current economic climate. 

If he’s staying, we need a decent striker as backup for when he inevitably chucks in/gets suspended for a significant part of the season

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he's on it physically and mentally he's a terrific player and must be a nightmare to defend against.  He will always make chances for himself, not many strikers can do that like him.

I'm not convinced we will win the championship with a striker who misses so many guilt edge chances though. His old firm goalscoring and general disciplinary records are indefensible. Wish him well and hope we get a good fee.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

France are 2nd ranked in the FIFA list.

He's class but can't get in a class team? He scores goals for fun against teams in the SPFL while playing for the champions of said league. Shite in Europe where it counts. From what I've seen of him he'd definitely flop down south. I know a few on here will be raging with me saying that but oh well. Tims are always raging anyway. 

9 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Whereas Eduard wouldve buried all those chances. You've tried and failed again, pal. 

No way he would have left that pitch without at least 2 goals with morelos chances. 

6 hours ago, chris182 said:

:lol:

We are as bad or worse than the taigs for shouting big numbers, we haven't sold a player for more than 3 million in over a decade, I genuinely think folk are delusional if they think we'll sell him for 20 million although i hope I'm proven wrong. But we constantly say how much we'll get for a player then we sell them for nowhere near that much or they end.up going for nothing. The big numbers are encouraging but it simply doesn't happen in Scotland unless there are certain circumstances. And many clubs are going to be struggling after this coronavirus shite and I can't see Morelos staying longer than another full season

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I came into to read a Morelos thread only to read people bumming up Eduardo. Ffs!

Yeah, I mean, he's a good striker with a good mentality at SPL level but struggles when the quality of the competition increases beyond that. 

Morelos is an enigma,  I think he's his own worst enemy. For someone who talks about his upbringing and how it turned him into such an ambitious, driven person, his mentality is really suspect.

His talent is way beyond that of Edouarde, but it's only seen when his head is in the right place. What goes on in his head which stunts him? I can guess but , really it's just an idea.

Personally I don't think he's interested in Rangers or the fans, I think he saw us as a stepping stone and nothing more. He shone in the SPL when it suited him because he was hoping to get into the Columbia squad and get noticed by an EPL side. He then did the business in Europe and probably thought  he'd done enough and it was just a waiting game.  When he saw nothing much happen in January it probably knackered his motivation. I've never known someone to miss as many chances against celtic, I'd expect that can only be down to the pressure he's putting himself under. 

In my opinion it's not simply a pressure to do well for us, it's a pressure to do well, get noticed and get a  move away from us. It's weird.

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

We are as bad or worse than the taigs for shouting big numbers, we haven't sold a player for more than 3 million in over a decade, I genuinely think folk are delusional if they think we'll sell him for 20 million although i hope I'm proven wrong. But we constantly say how much we'll get for a player then we sell them for nowhere near that much or they end.up going for nothing. The big numbers are encouraging but it simply doesn't happen in Scotland unless there are certain circumstances. And many clubs are going to be struggling after this coronavirus shite and I can't see Morelos staying longer than another full season

Nikica Jelavić went for more than 4 million in 2012 did he not?  

In all fairness  none of the players we had from 2012 until 2017  were going to be sold for big money simply down to  the standard of player.

I've no idea what  Morelos will be  worth when Covid-19 passes and football returns, however pre- christmas  him, Tav, Aribo and Kamara  looked to be valuable assets.  Pre-christmas I'd have certainly asked for £20 million plus for Morelos, now we'll have to wait and see I guess.

3 minutes ago, banjobear said:

In all fairness  none of the players we had from 2012 until 2017  were going to be sold for big money simply down to  the standard of player.

I've no idea what  Morelos will be  worth when Covid-19 passes and football returns, however pre- christmas  him, Tav, Aribo and Kamara  looked to be valuable assets.  Pre-christmas I'd have certainly asked for £20 million plus for Morelos, now we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I'd forgot about Jelavic, but I still think my point stands, but you're right we'll have to wait and see and I hope I end up eating my words

1 minute ago, Willis said:

I'd forgot about Jelavic, but I still think my point stands, but you're right we'll have to wait and see and I hope I end up eating my words

I'm sure you understand  that I hope  you end up eating your words as well 😉

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

No way he would have left that pitch without at least 2 goals with morelos chances. 

Says who? He got 2, 1 in each game, in the last round of the Europa when he should had about ten over the 2 games. 

Overhyped to fuck. 

I did say he was a good player, dunno why his RM fanclub are getting so worked up. 

4 hours ago, Willis said:

I get where you are coming from, but not too long ago the Tims sold a very over rated LB for £25m.  Sure, there may a drop in fees given the current situation, but we really should be aiming to get in that range if possible.

3 hours ago, banjobear said:

Did we ever get any of that dough?

16 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Maybe we should be looking for 20mill at very least for Alfredo 

He has been one of the  few players of real class we have had in recent years. He is worth that all day long, but as others have said, fuck knows what the state of football will be when this is all over

Archived