3 UEFA fines When will some people learn?

JCDBigBear

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

It's not always a mix though. Loads of Ibrox games last couple of seasons we haven't heard a Loyalist song during the 90 minutes and other games, like you've said there (and I agree) we get a good mixture. 

Every single match at Ibrox the UB sing loyalist tunes like Fields of Ulster, men behind the wire, UDR4, No1 Platoon ect mixed in with some of their newer chants. Apart from the other sections in the Broomloan front rarely anybody else joins in. The songs I mentioned in my other post get the best reaction.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Every single match at Ibrox the UB sign loyalist tunes like Fields of Ulster, men behind the wire, UDR4, No1 Platoon ect mixed in with some of their newer chants. Apart from the other sections in the Broomloan front rarely anybody else joins in. The songs I mentioned in my other post get the best reaction.

I've heard them singing them, just not every game at Ibrox and as you say it doesn't catch on either, sadly.

There's genuinely been a lot of games at Ibrox past couple of years I've not heard one. Including a couple of European games at Ibrox past couple seasons. Maybe the European ones understandable though. 

Just now, British_Empire said:

I've heard them singing them, just not every game at Ibrox and as you say it doesn't catch on either, sadly.

There's genuinely been a lot of games at Ibrox past couple of years I've not heard one. Including a couple of European games at Ibrox past couple seasons. Maybe the European ones understandable though. 

Need to listen better then mate 😆

Not sure where you sit and I would imagine a couple hundred in the first few rows of BF1 signing  maybe doesn’t travel around the stadium and will be hard to pick up in other areas.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Need to listen better then mate 😆

Not sure where you sit and I would imagine a couple hundred in the first few rows of BF1 signing  maybe doesn’t travel around the stadium and will be hard to pick up in other areas.

True. 

Just want the old days back ffs get these songs about Aribo, Halliday, and clapping like seals to Megastore-esque CD's to fuck :lol: 

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You’re making my point 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

You’re making my point 

Your point is that the fan base has changed. It hasn't. 

The fans haven't turned into a non-Loyalist/Unionist fanbase just because they aren't singing they songs as aggressively as they used to. I mentioned factors (or what I believe to be factors) for it a few posts ago.

In fact the offensive behaviour at football bill from your pals in the SNP, one of the main criticisms of it was it wasn't changing mindsets, it was silencing folk. Making folk scared etc.

Try and ban something you run the risk of driving it underground. All these same folk are still in bands, go to Sash bashes and sing Billy Boys with gusto there. 

That's not the fanbase changing. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Your point is that the fan base has changed. It hasn't. 

The fans haven't turned into a non-Loyalist/Unionist fanbase just because they aren't singing they songs as aggressively as they used to. I mentioned factors (or what I believe to be factors) for it a few posts ago.

Singing is a stupid indication of anything tbh  fact is churches are empty, religion is fucked and nobody but a tiny minority cares a jot about our relationship with Northern Ireland (definition of unionist in our terms)  

In fact the offensive behaviour at football bill from your pals in the SNP, one of the main criticisms of it was it wasn't changing mindsets, it was silencing folk. Making folk scared etc.

oursongs are not sectarian why should people be scared? Are you saying our classic songs are sectarian

Try and ban something you run the risk of driving it underground. All these same folk are still in bands, go to Sash bashes and sing Billy Boys with gusto there. 

Ban the add ons and songs that we know are on the radar other than that sing what the duck you like  

That's not the fanbase changing. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

1) Churches are a red-herring and a moot point. You don't need to be religious to be a Loyalist or Unionist. 
2) No, our songs aren't sectarian but some (wrongly) think they are. See that guy I originally quoted in the thread as a prime example saying the Billy Boys is a sectarian song.
3) Agreed. As I said, there's tons of good loyalist songs the support can sing that are perfectly legal and non-offensive. 

13 minutes ago, tannerall said:

There will always be a minority of our support who are more interested in themselves than our club. 

Such a shame. 

Majority of our away support sign loyalist tunes are they part of this group that are more interested in themselves than the club ?

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Majority of our away support sign loyalist tunes are they part of this group that are more interested in themselves than the club ?

I don't want to talk for Tannerall but I "think" he's talking about the bottle/flare throwers. Might be wrong tho.

I don't want to talk for Tannerall but I "think" he's talking about the bottle/flare throwers. Might be wrong tho.

Throwing bottles and flares onto the pitch is fucking stupid would be hard to disagree with him if that’s what he meant. 

The thread seems to be about naughty songs now so fuck knows 😆

8 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Throwing bottles and flares onto the pitch is fucking stupid would be hard to disagree with him if that’s what he meant. 

The thread seems to be about naughty songs now so fuck knows 😆

Aye agreed. There's no excuse for it. If you can't trust yourself not to throw a bottle/firework onto the pitch watch the game at home or in the pub. 

Only thing I'd say, majority of offenders are young and drunk - not an excuse, but people make mistakes I don't think they should face the firing squad for a mistake - repeat offenders and legitimate bams is a different story though. 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

If you sing a song about lauding a Protestant razor gang led by a figure who hated catholic’s and created a huge divide in Glasgow in the 20’s are you singing a sectarian song?

i think you are. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

If you sing a song about lauding a Protestant razor gang led by a figure who hated catholic’s and created a huge divide in Glasgow in the 20’s are you singing a sectarian song?

i think you are. 

Aw fuck up man, the Billy Boys song is not religious in any way :lol: you're getting pretty desperate and stretching now. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Lol

you really don’t know what it’s about do you.  🤣

I do, but I really can't take you seriously. 

The Billy Boys, like 100% of gangs in Glasgow past and present are about territory. They had a anthem about being upto their knees in fenian blood so what, this "Protestant" tag in that context is a media label to demonise.

To use your own argument, how many of the Billy Boys gang spent their Sunday mornings in Church then? if they were a religious gang. 

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

i think you are. 

Don’t think Fullerton created the divide and I’d been singing it for many years believing it was about the Bridgeton Derry not an individual. I struggle to take the mock offence to the word Fenian seriously when the “offended”are happy to use orange bastard or H** so freely.

I do, but I really can't take you seriously. 

The Billy Boys, like 100% of gangs in Glasgow past and present are about territory. They had a anthem about being upto their knees in fenian blood so what, this "Protestant" tag in that context is a media label to demonise.

To use your own argument, how many of the Billy Boys gang spent their Sunday mornings in Church then? if they were a religious gang. 

Mate

please stop it now. You’re digging a big hole   
do some research You’re not doing much else I guess  

👍

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mate

please stop it now. You’re digging a big hole   
do some research You’re not doing much else I guess  

👍

If you don't mind just answer my question at the end of my last post. 

Do you think the gang members of the Billy Boys went to Church on a Sunday morning? 

I'm only using your rationale straight back at you. Give me a response. 

Archived