Season Tickets/Membership.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wage cuts.

I don’t see a problem with the club turning to the fans for early/standard renewal if there is full transparency of how the club is using the money and provisions made for those who cannot renew due to their work/businesses being affected by corona.

i also see a strong argument for wage cuts coming before ST renewals. Our Higher earners have broader shoulders to take the burden. The government will look after 80% of the non-playing staff wages up to £2500 which the mhanks and spurs are taking advantage of.

Edgar on Heart and hand saying the final renewal date is likely to be late into the summer which is fair enough. If you can afford it now get it , if not you have time to renew later on.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Even with wage cuts it still needs an income.

The club has had season ticket money this season plus 2 extra Europa rounds.

i think it’s pretty pish when the want ticket money now for next year when there is still 5 home games to go this season.

Folk are out their  losing loved ones and others are losing their incomes not knowing if they can pay their mortgages.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

i think it’s pretty pish when the want ticket money now for next year when there is still 5 home games to go this season.

Folk are out their  losing loved ones and others are losing their incomes not knowing if they can pay their mortgages.

We were already at a big loss at our last set of accounts and that's with a full, normal income. ST money is always expected around now, so we've probably budgeted for it coming in now. You'll be lucky if the European money covers the shortfall we've been experiencing recently. There isn't going to be any cash reserve.

Yes, people will have problems now, major ones for many. Some simply won't be able to afford it. But it's a stretch to think the club isn't going to have major issues if it goes a significant period without a normalish income, never mind any income at all, especially when we've been running at a loss for ages. A wage cut would help massively, but I suspect it's going to come down to fans that can afford it doing what they can.

This whole thing is going to be a big, big problem for this club if it lasts much longer, same as for everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

We have not even had a full month where people are either on reduced pay or the government 80% scheme. Wait till wages day when cunts go to the bank and theres fuck all in. 

As it stands i love my seat but with me and my boy we must be looking at nearly £750 and im asked to think about the club. a bit much when players are on thousands a week, can we not sell one of brandon barkers kidneys to get us through a sticky period???

We are still owed the guts of 5 games without any thought of refunds or money off bext season. A bit quick off the mark if you ask me 

It’s a difficult one for the club but I’m not particularly comfortable with it either. The club have to get the communication around it spot on and ensure fans who are in a difficult financial situation have time to renew and not lose their seats. 

Likewise, I’m not particularly comfortable paying £700 for a ST that will, as it stands, simply pay very well paid individuals for doing nothing. I’d like to think the players will take a pay cut to help the situation. 

Finally, they need to have a plan in place for the likely scenario this season isn’t complete and next season isn’t a full season. Do they club expect people to pay a full ST & just forgo the outstanding games from this season? 

They better get it right. 

Each to their own depending on circumstances. 

I can afford to renew and will. The club need money this time of year and that includes ST money. Theres things I'd hope the club could look to do to help fans, but ultimately they need our dosh as always.  If fans can afford it but hold off til this season money is refunded or the exact schedule for next season is finalised then we'll end up needing to sell players to survive. It's a no win situation for the club.

No criticism for those holding off or not able to, families come first. But I'm in.

Couldn't have come at a worse time and while that's not the fault of the club it would have been more thoughtful , at this financially difficult time , to maybe hold off another 4-6 weeks , when hopefully the worst of this is over and people are back at work . 

Ive got 3 STs to pay for which will be a big hit while I'm off . 

April fools surely ? People have enough on their plates especially financially without renewals coming out at this moment time and the inevitable shafting this membership will hand us ,cost and ticket wise 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wage cuts.

They can ask players, I'm sure they will, and I'd be surprised if players didnt defer some of their wages for a few months.

But there's not a chance of players or more accurately their agents allowing permanent decreases in pay. Theyve got contracts and they'll hold the club to it.

6 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So the four monthly payments will be May June July August like normal?

im going to struggle if this is the case unless I can get back out to work. fucking shite by Rangers if they go ahead with this. 

It’s kind of crazy .Again playing on Rangers fans loyalty 

Fucking shower of greedy fucks .Absolute silence on the shite that’s going on “fair enough “ ....Nothing  about refunds “ fair enough I wouldn’t want one .

Just don’t take us for fucking granted MR fucking Park /Robertson 

6 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Doubt I’ll be renewing until we know exactly what is happening.

Be daft renewing right now IMO.

It’s true to be fair .If it’s true Rangers offer no refunds to fucked up seasons 

It would simply be madness to part with 400 and get no guarantees .Do they think we are mugs 

Archived