Player of the Season

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Macgregor, has had a couple of mistakes but his bail out saves at big moments completely outweigh the 1st part

2 Alfie....simple  would have been 1st but for the winter break

3 Ryan Jack....just based on when he was 100% fully fit he made us click in the middle of the park

It's  really Player of Half the Season. 

Post the winter break no-one gets any credit.

Anything in 2020 is a write off. Not included. 

So, up to 29th Dec it would have to be Alfie, closely followed by Ryan Jack.  Third, possibly Goldson. 

1 minute ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

It's  really Player of Half the Season. 

Post the winter break no-one gets any credit. A write off. 

So, up to 29th Dec it would have to be Alfie, closely followed by Ryan Jack. 

No it’s not, it’s player of until our season ended. 

stop being obtuse 

Struggling to be honest. Most of them have played great in patches, but none of them really stand out ahead of anyone else consistency-wise.

Similar to Hammer93 above .. probably McGregor first, Morelos next even though he's not kicked a ball since December.

Third I can't agree with Ryan Jack .. from September to December he was playing really well. But I think that was probably just a peak bit of form. A purple patch maybe. He wasn't long reverting to type and he's not done much since the winter break - but he's not alone I suppose. I just think he's vasty over-rated in the eyes of the support. Looks good as the spare man in midfield when things are going well but I don't think he makes any sort of impact when the chips are down or you need him most.

Third maybe Barisic or Aribo ... reluctantly ... they aren't great picks and maybe a bit contradictory as they don't have big hearts or characters on them and I've just said Jack doesn't impose himself enough either. In fact naw, reading that back that;s ridiculous to even consider them two for a third spot.

Fuck knows. 

Player of the season = the coronavirus 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

No it’s not, it’s player of until our season ended. 

stop being obtuse 

No-one worth considering after the break in terms of performances. Reality  is that it would only be judged on performances up to end Dec. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

No-one worth considering after the break in terms of performances. Reality  is that it would only by judged up to end Dec. 

A get your point, loosely.

but there will be moments in games that players came good when we where going shite. 

we did beat braga after Christmas did we not

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

A get your point, loosely.

but there will be moments in games that players came good when we where going shite. 

we did beat braga after Christmas did we not

Last 20 mins at home v Braga and away  to Braga were the only highlights post break. 

1. Jack.    Ran the midfield despite lack of help around him.

2. MacGregor.  Still a great shot stopper, brilliant saves at critical times and knows when to slow a game down.

3. Morelos.  For his work rate and goals. Would have been 1st but for his temperament.

I’ll go;

jack 

McGregor 

Morelos

Alfredo is number 1 by a country mile until he lost his way with his discipline. A couldn’t stop praising him pre January then he let a lot of people down, still love him but there can’t be much argument against that. 

jacks a fuckin baller 

McGregor has made amends with the fans for me, despite me knowing from a good source his departure killed him back when we where fucked. 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Ojo, a real game changer that we've been missing in prior seasons

I'll get my coat and walk around the back door 

In all seriousness, McGregor, only one to show consistent form right up until the shutdown. 

9 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

No-one worth considering after the break in terms of performances. Reality  is that it would only be judged on performances up to end Dec. 

1. Alfie.

2. Mcgregor.

3. Borna. 

Best players for us until end of December. 
Honourable mentions to Jack, Katic, goal against the scum. Aribo for his potential. Hagi- still in Europa. 

Archived