UEFA warn Member Associations against closing season early

doc holliday

The UEFA statement really just says don’t make a decision yet. “As it stands” the key words that everyone, including journalists seem to be missing. 

Basically they’re trying to stay optimistic but telling leagues to hold off deciding.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not likely 

players will take at least 4 weeks to get conditioned after the lay off (almost like a pre season)   So whenever everyone is back add 4 weeks to that. 

the longer this goes on the less likely any league will be concluded by actually kicking a ball 

Plus it's a contact sport.  Everyone keep 2m distance but let fitba players wire in.  Can't happen.

The fenian rhags today are saying the SPFL are meeting next week and will award celtic the title. 

I hope our shower in the boardroom have some finally found a backbone and have some good lawyers on standby to blow Scottish football to bits, finally. 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The PFA wouldn’t need to say anything . The law of the land with stop it. Lockdown is for everyone, football isn’t exempt 👍

Lockdown isn't forever and isn't an on or off switch either (which is why the government don't like the word lockdown). Restrictions are a sliding scale and will slightly relax over the coming months but I really stress the word slightly. That's when the football governing bodies may start applying pressure for games to be played.

To clarify what I mean by restrictions relaxing slightly hypothetically they could bring in guidelines that allow more people to get back to work (including regular people like us but also footballers) but could keep large groups apart (pick a random number of people) which could mean no crowds at games. It's all hypothetical but regular people WILL need to get back to work as these restrictions are unsustainable long term and the government can't pay everyone's wages for very long.

Nobody expects football to resume in time to complete this seasons fixtures. Are they hanging on for legal reasons ? No idea. But in a world where other sports have no problem with announcing cancellation it is football alone that persists with the myth of resumption.

If we had a normal media the just of UEFA’s statement is that they aren’t happy at a Belgium club being gifted a title without having finished the league and it could cost them their champions league place, null and void is the only option left as the season is finished.  Can’t find their official statement but I’m 100% sure it’ll have completely fuck all relevance to the shite their fenian media have scribbled today.

534438C0-C916-452D-889F-16649D401D17.jpeg

2 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

If the Spanish, Italian and German teams null and void their league then their is no chance UEFA will carry out that threat, since they are the only two leagues they seem to give a fuck about. This needs the big teams to stand up and call their bluff - but we all know their own greed will make them do fuck all. 

I think the threat from uefa is directed more to the smaller associations as the big 5 (certainly English and Spanish leagues) can not afford to ‘null and void’ to to the financial implications. Allegedly costing billions.

UEFA (under the same financial pressure) appears to be trying to force the smaller associations to follow suit and wait to finish the season no matter how long it takes. 

It will be interesting to see what Germany does - the most sensibly run, where the association is controlled by the clubs who are mostly fan owned and not businesses.

edit: the big 5 can’t afford to call an early end or null and void

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Uefa should use some sense and declare the lot null and void.

Lives before money.

This is an unforeseen, unprecidented event and may not breach contracts.

If it does, serves them right for their greed and favouring a small number of their members.

Maybe this is the time to reform the whole lot!

Bang on (minus one word).  😂

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Nobody expects football to resume in time to complete this seasons fixtures. Are they hanging on for legal reasons ? No idea. But in a world where other sports have no problem with announcing cancellation it is football alone that persists with the myth of resumption.

Money mate pure and simple. That's why they refuse to accept what other sports have already accepted. 

They could lose millions with uncompleted comptions so they are going to do everything possible to finish. 

It's ridiculous and shows utter greed

People dying all over the world and UEFA are only thinking about money/greed.

No leagues are getting finished any time soon. They are absolute mentalists. 

Small beans compaired to the global shitstorm we are all in at the moment but notice the wording of the article.

They will "earn" a place in champions  league qualifying while Rangers, Motherwell and the sheep "occupy" Europa league qualifying places. 

Rancid publication. 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Lockdown isn't forever and isn't an on or off switch either (which is why the government don't like the word lockdown). Restrictions are a sliding scale and will slightly relax over the coming months but I really stress the word slightly. That's when the football governing bodies may start applying pressure for games to be played.

To clarify what I mean by restrictions relaxing slightly hypothetically they could bring in guidelines that allow more people to get back to work (including regular people like us but also footballers) but could keep large groups apart (pick a random number of people) which could mean no crowds at games. It's all hypothetical but regular people WILL need to get back to work as these restrictions are unsustainable long term and the government can't pay everyone's wages for very long.

IMO the lockdown will be over by the end of April but I agree restrictions re large crowds for entertainment purposes will be a little longer

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

IMO the lockdown will be over by the end of April but I agree restrictions re large crowds for entertainment purposes will be a little longer

Reckon youre not far off with that timescale for the general lockdown, certain areas of the country will see it relaxed before others. Cant see mass gatherings being allowed for quite a while though, more like the end of the summer. Not a hope in fuck this season will get finished.

18 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The FM has said any return to normality will be phased. Edinburgh festival confirmed cancelled. I can’t see any large gatherings/crowds before mid autumn.

Will either be BCD football or no football imo

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

The FM has said any return to normality will be phased. Edinburgh festival confirmed cancelled. I can’t see any large gatherings/crowds before mid autumn.

Will either be BCD football or no football imo

the sfa/ SPFL will push for games behind closed doors just to finish the season but this is utter shite and football without fans is nothing 

31 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Reckon youre not far off with that timescale for the general lockdown, certain areas of the country will see it relaxed before others. Cant see mass gatherings being allowed for quite a while though, more like the end of the summer. Not a hope in fuck this season will get finished.

and international travel for the masses a bit longer also and the SEC hospital will never be used 

Think everything will very much depend on the numbers over this weekend- in particular the number of new infections. In reality we are no where near the level of lock down that other countries- particularly Spain and Italy- are currently employing. If the numbers don't  at least stabilise this weekend, I  think the lockdown could actually get worse rather than better. Not a chance football is going to resume in the foreseeable future. 

36 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Only way to finish this season is behind closes door games.

I hoesntly don't see infection rates dropping to allow that to be a real possibility. If anything I think lockdown and social distancing could go on a lot longer. 

So in summary it's up to each nation to make their own decision, but if they do it before UEFA want then they're getting threatened with non entry of their clubs into European competitions 

1. UEFA do wield the influence we knew they would

2. UEFA are corrupt and manipulative bastards

3. Belgian FA decision likely not to be rapidly followed by others, incl the spfl.

15 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Pretty sure that's what they will do.

If public health advise that closed door games are safe then the unions would really have no where to go but clearly they all need to work together regardless of what solution is dreamed up

2 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

People dying all over the world and UEFA are only thinking about money/greed.

No leagues are getting finished any time soon. They are absolute mentalists. 

Small beans compaired to the global shitstorm we are all in at the moment but notice the wording of the article.

They will "earn" a place in champions  league qualifying while Rangers, Motherwell and the sheep "occupy" Europa league qualifying places. 

Rancid publication. 

I only seen the headline about Warburton , not the detail but i can imagine what it will be saying . This fenian bheastly rhag nailed it's colours  to the mast in 2012 . They know who their target audience is 

Archived