UEFA warn Member Associations against closing season early

doc holliday

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To be fair, it was a piece of fenian filth who told you that so you were right to disregard the :wanker:

Imagine having everyone who matters in world football on speed dial and still fucking it up

:lol:

Spot on mate, some people on here make you laugh 😂👍

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Daylate Rhebel so you don’t need to click any link.

Belgium appear to be softening their stance on ending the Pro League early, after crisis talks with UEFA president Alexsander Ceferin. 

It was announced this week that a plan to declare Club Brugge champions had been devised, with football shut down due to the coronavirus crisis. 

That was seen as an important weather vane for the SPFL, who are considering declaring the Premiership table final and making celtic champions. 

However, UEFA were furious with the decision and warned that Belgian sides could be barred from Europe.

And after crisis talks on Friday it appears the Belgian stance is softening.

A statement from the URBSFA said: "This Thursday the Pro League Board of Directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable to continue the competition after June 30.

"The latter therefore formulated a unanimous opinion addressed to its general assembly not to resume the Jupiler Pro League for the 2019-2020 season.

Numerous declarations followed.

"It was in this context that a discussion took place last night between Aleksander Ceferin, president of UEFA, and Mehdi Bayat, president of URBSFA.

"This discussion was constructive and the intention was expressed to reach a solution together.

“Therefore the recommendation to close the competition taken by the Pro League will be presented to the UEFA Executive Committee.

"As a reminder, the proposal by the board of directors must be submitted to the general assembly of the Pro League for approval.

The aim is to preserve European places for Belgium for the 2020-21 season.

"We would also like to once again express our support for UEFA's approach, which is to come out of this corona crisis in solidarity."

So is this saying the Belgian League won’t say Brugge are champions because UEFA don’t want that but they  will not play after June 30th?

Are UEFA pushing to either end seasons or the leagues are lost with no champions?

Its all baffling.

Am i being stupid? It wouldn’t be the first time 😂👍

Right this daft bastard at UEFA Ceferin has now given a complete season deadline of August 3rd.

I think this cunts brain is a pinball machine.

He is all over the place.

If football is being run by clowns like that no wonder ist’s a fucking shambles.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Right this daft bastard at UEFA Ceferin has now given a complete season deadline of August 3rd.

I think this cunts brain is a pinball machine.

He is all over the place.

If football is being run by clowns like that no wonder ist’s a fucking shambles.

We’ve players in Scotland that are in furlough for months, they are now not obligated to continue any of their normal working practices and these lot think that this league can just restart as it was in time for a deadline of Aug 3rd. They are mental.

All this fucking about to save the bigger leagues lost income on tv deals. The leagues can’t end, no team in Scotland have done enough to win or lose any league, there is only one option. 

Yesterday, the DR said the Belgiums "gave two fingers up to UEFA" and today they are saying"backtracking." What is it?

They have no idea what took place in yesterday's meeting between UEFA & Belgium. The worst journalism I have ever read.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Yesterday, the DR said the Belgiums "gave two fingers up to UEFA" and today they are saying"backtracking." What is it?

They have no idea what took place in yesterday's meeting between UEFA & Belgium. The worst journalism I have ever read.

Seemingly  the Belgium’s are now asking for approval, it’s a  clusterfuck

You know what, all the time everything is rolling smoothly along, the powers that be can just about manage to keep things running, but stray off the beaten track and they have to think a bit on their feet then you see just how clueless the people in charge are, this is not just football but life in general.

4 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The season needs finished. I don’t care if they get the title.  It’s over.   We are facing the biggest 2-4 weeks in most of our lifetimes. 

Stay home and stay safe.  

No title mate, they can be awarded the league without a title.

40 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

With UEFA now saying that they’re lifting the ban on televised 3pm ko’s so that behind closed doors games can be played and televised how  would it affect ST holders, clubs would have to refund them surely 

The players union have already said this was unacceptable as there has to be a duty of care to their members, it won’t be happening...

6 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

With UEFA now saying that they’re lifting the ban on televised 3pm ko’s so that behind closed doors games can be played and televised how  would it affect ST holders, clubs would have to refund them surely 

I was reading that mate but I don't see how it can work.

If we are still to self-isolate in our houses while we fight the virus, how can they justify playing closed-doors games?

You'd have to be 100% sure that all players, management, coaches and match officials are all clear of the symptoms before every single match played and you have to have the virus gone too ... it's a contact sport, you'd need guys to stand 6 feet away from each other at set pieces, no contact such as tackles and god-knows whatever else.

Even if the virus cleared in a couple of weeks, the players would still need 2/3 weeks training to get upto fitness then you are probably playing 3/4 games a week after that to cram it all in again before the new season is due to start.

I think people need to just forget about football resuming this season. If we put all our efforts and planning into starting next season late July/August then it's do-able but trying to shoehorn in the remainder of a season at this stage actually puts next season in jeopardy. 

5 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

The players union have already said this was unacceptable as there has to be a duty of care to their members, it won’t be happening...

Class them as essential services and see the shitbags cry.

Would be funny to see the over paid fuckers deal with reality. 

Won't happen of course but the fuckers need a good boot up the arse.

I’m absolutely against behind closed doors but as this is all about the money there will be climb downs by our policy makers and football will resume bcd.

Players and staff will be wrongly given the testing kits ahead of essential workers.

Clubs own medical staff will then be told to risk assess and football will continue IMO.

Money will drive this or the potential loss of money.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Lockdown will be well over by September 

There is obviously doubts in UEFAs mind or they wouldn't have come out and said it. You only hear of the major countries in europe ,  it might not be a major problem in smaller euro countries yet. 

On 04/04/2020 at 22:17, bluenoz said:

Backtracking like a certain other journalist 🤪 we know 🤣🤣

Archived