Bad Robot

Furlough

Should Rangers use the UK Govt furlough scheme   

228 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rangers use the UK Govt furlough scheme

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

It just makes them look even more stupid with their “gesture”  of giving the NHS £100k. It would have been a nice thing to do if it wasn’t so much as “look at us” but now more or less saying we couldn’t really afford it!

i voted No because like others I feel players should take pay cuts to facilitate the payment of the non playing staff. It’s the right thing to do IMO.

So they make a donation to the NHS in yet another “look at us” gesture.

Then they furlough their staff wages and claw money back from the taxpayer?

Is there a more despicable football club in the world?

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

It’s a scheme designed to protect the employees not one to prop up the profits of a football team. In saying that if Rangers requires them to do so then the players must take a pay cut, the ones failing to do so should be put on a furlough scheme dropping their wage down to £2.5k a month then told to fuck off. 

Garnock Blue likes this

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes they should but it should be in conjunction with the players taking enough of a cut to pay for the other 20%. 

First team squad, definitely.  Would be a great gesture and might even start a trend throughout the leagues.

Courtyard Bear likes this

Client @morelos2106 has pledged £75,000 to help underprivileged families in Colombia during the pandemic. Alfredo has donated over £300,000 to his @Fundacionalfre2 and other charitable groups in the past year. #ProyectoColombia

born a blue nose likes this

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

People like morelos, goldson, tav, davis etc will all be on decent enougj wages that even a 5% reduction from everyone in the first team would probably cover it, defo a 10% reduction would

One player on 10grand a week is say 3 peoples wages, surely the players could do that 

They could easily. But you can bet they wont, not by choice anyway unless they are embarrassed into it.

Bad Robot likes this

No and I would hope players would be willing to reduce wages if need be until such time as we start playing again and get the money then so cleaners etc at the club can keep their pay 

28 minutes ago, bassettger said:

The directors at Rangers do not take a salary. However from Stewart Robertson down the senior management are well paid. All of the well paid staff should take pay cuts during this time to allow the other lowly paid staff members to continue to be paid. The very well paid players should also contribute significantly by sacraficing salary. Using a government scheme to pay football club staff is sickening.

The actions of the English Premier League and celtic show the level of greed that permeates through British football these days. 

That's baws 

51 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Of course they should. It's a no brainer. The government pays 80% and the can, as they should,  pay the remaining 20% therefore no one loses but the club saves money.

No one loses? Are you mental? 

Football has been sickening with how this has been handled.

I am not one for sticking up for the players but I think they’ve probably felt like why should we take a paycut when the club has plenty money to pay normal club staff. 

IMO that’s what the stand off has been about but instead both clubs and players have come out of it looking like absolute cunts.

Germans, Italians and Spanish had this sorted out weeks ago BEFORE public pressure. All too little too late now. I for one have cancelled my BT and SKY sports subscriptions. I don’t want any part of it anymore. 

Bad Robot likes this

No, absolutely not. It’s a scheme designed to save jobs - millions of companies would have no choice but to lay off staff without it. Rangers would merely need to offer a relatively tiny pay cut to a handful of employees. This all has to be paid for in the end, by us. 

6 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

No one loses? Are you mental? 

Mate saying the right thing and doing the right thing are different.  You've got to remember why this system was put in place by the government.  It was an incentive to companies to stop them paying people off. I know what I'd want my boss to do.

Players should be taking a cut before accessing that.

I’d also say that because we deliberately run at a loss every year with the tab being picked up by investors then we shouldn’t be accessing it anyway.

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Remarkable how they proclaim to be cash rich and are run financially sound, as soon as there is an opportunity to coin in some government cash they are all over it, furlough is to protect businesses that may well fold in the short to medium time while helping employees keep their employement, they really have no shame! Truly are a club like no other. 

Forlough is to protect employees not businesses. It's there to help businesses 

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Furloughing your man on 20k a year to carry on paying a player 20k a week is completely devoid of any rationality in this current situation. Never mind a drain on public finances. 

part of me is annoyed that they’ve been allowed to do it some of these clubs. It should be means tested without question. 

Can't disagree with that.👍

46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yes they should but it should be in conjunction with the players taking enough of a cut to pay for the other 20%. 

I believe the government scheme has a maximum pay of £2.5k a month. I’d be for Rangers using the scheme for only 1st team players that refuse to take a temporary cut and force them to have to lose a lot more than they would of. But Rangers should be able to pay the lower wages staff(non-playing) without the need for any handouts. 

Ger_onimo likes this

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I believe the government scheme has a maximum pay of £2.5k a month. I’d be for Rangers using the scheme for only 1st team players that refuse to take a temporary cut and force them to have to lose a lot more than they would of. But Rangers should be able to pay the lower wages staff(non-playing) without the need for any handouts. 

You couldn't possibly forlough 1st team players. Not with the money they're being paid. I doubt they're contracts would allow it.

I hope I read that right.