The official Scottish cup final thread 2002

2nd Flute

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Was talking to my brother earlier and the amount of big last minute moments we had under him was unreal.  

2002 cup final

2003 league cup final when Hartson missed the penalty 

2003 last day of the season 

2005 Easter road 

He done well with us mate , went a bit tits up domestically when we had Emerson and Jeffers etc but the team he got us to the last 16 of champs league was some achievement to , should have won that night in Spain 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know when we were beat.  That was how to win a cup final.  Getting a bit emotional seeing Ricksen, still hard to take in.  Dallas was a decent ref as well, compared to some of the incompetence and cheating shitheads we have to endure nowadays.

3 hours ago, 2daludaludalu said:

I know big Amo had the odd howler, but if he was playing nowadays he would be worth a fucking fortune.  Class act.

Loved him and his long range set pieces  were always interesting

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Won 5 of his first 6 trophies. Guy’s a hero in all honesty.

You’ve also got to remember that Eck was downsizing, having to replace real class with journeymen.

O’Neill’s team had Hartson (6m), Sutton (6m), Lennon (6m), Thompson (2.75m), over 20m in just four players.

Eck can hold his head up no problem👍

Just had my occasional look doon twitter , frightening the amount of people trying to gather likes from last night , taking videos of their teles etc , another plus of football back then it wasn’t a platform for attention seekers coz social media didn’t exist 

17 hours ago, Inigo said:

To think a good percentage of this forum won't remember it. 😂😫

Oh to see that standard of player again. You'd never give up the memories of better times, but the young can at least be grateful that they don't have the memory of real Rangers teams to compare more recent ones to, because it's painful at times.

Mo Ross looked like an improvement on Tav 🤣

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Mo Ross looked like an improvement on Tav 🤣

I seem remember him being shite but maybe that was just because most of his team mates were top drawer, I was impressed with him in that game tough.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I seem remember him being shite but maybe that was just because most of his team mates were top drawer, I was impressed with him in that game tough.

I always thought he was ok, just wasn't in the same class as Reyna, or Ricksen or even Porinni or Vidmar. Would be good enough to at least be a bench player these days. No doubt he was better than Flanagan. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Had Sutton not taken Caniggia out, we’d have won that game comfortably. Fucking Mr Bean on the bench gave Ross no out ball. I’d have brought Nerlinger or even Flo on.

That's a weird way to talk about a guy who scored 57 goals for us including some big ones, away to Copenhagen to qualify for the UCL and against them at Ibrox in the CIS cup to stop their run of 7 consecutive victories over us 

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That's a weird way to talk about a guy who scored 57 goals for us including some big ones, away to Copenhagen to qualify for the UCL and against them at Ibrox in the CIS cup to stop their run of 7 consecutive victories over us 

Know he had a good scoring record but I really never took to him.

In that final, we were really disadvantaged bringing him on for Caniggia.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

The lack of play acting, mouthing the ref and good general sportsmanship were also present, it never stopped the crunching tackles but it was give and take.

Lack of play acting? Those cunts were going down looking for penalties at the slightest touch. That tarrier team was full of big horrible cunts. 

Ferguson takes the game by the scruff of the neck and refuses to lose. That was a team that when Eck took over, was all over the shop, but he reminded them that it was a team of winners, and captians. Klos, Moore, Amoruso, Numan, Ferguson, Ricksen, all successful captains. With a front 3 that could change seamlessly was ahead of its time. I hate to be making statements like this but the players now should be sitting watching this seeing what it means. What they should be doing not in a play style, but in mentality .

Archived