Club Statement

bluenoz

Well explained statement, my only gripe is that I would have liked the players to have taken a % hit at the end of the three months, it is going to be a heavy pay day for the Club when it comes around.

I am not sure as good a gesture as the three month deferral is, what it will mean for the price of Season Tickets?

Good, but could have been better is my opinion.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As with all businesses throughout the United Kingdom and beyond, Rangers is continuing to deal with the implications of the Coronavirus pandemic.

We have carefully considered measures which ensure that all employees are treated fairly and with respect whilst we safeguard our club finances in such uncertain times. No professional football club or business is immune to the challenges of this unprecedented situation and as a club, we will continue to review actions necessary to navigate our way responsibly in such a changeable environment.

Rangers can confirm that First Team players, Manager, coaches and Executive Directors have volunteered to take a salary deferral for the next three months. Senior players and staff were keen to ensure that no Rangers employee suffered financial hardship during this crisis.

All parties volunteered and wholeheartedly agreed to defer wages to ensure that fellow colleagues could continue to be paid their salaries in full. We are proud of the leadership and responsibility taken by senior members of staff, and acknowledge the positive impact that this will have on everyone at Rangers. We firmly believe in the ‘one club’ concept and are united in our collective goal of making Rangers the very best in every facet of football life. We are resolved that the integrity of the club is maintained as we continue our focus on ensuring the financial stability of the business.

Due to the extraordinary challenges from the ongoing crisis, Rangers intends to implement the Coronavirus job retention scheme for a number of employees.

Rangers will ensure that everyone furloughed under this government scheme will receive 100 per cent salary through ‘top up’ assistance from the club with all other conditions and benefits remaining unchanged.

We are proud of the continued efforts and support of everyone at Rangers during this difficult period.

Finally, we wish all our supporters and their families good health during this time. We are especially thankful for the tireless work of NHS staff and other key workers who are selflessly working to keep us all safe and well. Please continue to follow government guidelines at this time.

Rangers Captain, James Tavernier said on behalf of the playing squad: “I want to place on record our appreciation to every single member of staff for their determination and resolve during these unprecedented events. I’m very proud of the reaction of everyone at Rangers to the challenge we face throughout the UK and beyond.

“As a team, we were adamant that we work together to do all we can to secure the future of the football club. We are also acutely aware of the livelihoods and wellbeing of our staff.

“In reality, it was an easy decision for players and senior staff. Now is the time to work with unity of purpose, as the Rangers family, to ensure that everyone works together to maintain our institution. Today has made me proud to be Rangers captain.”

:tu:

Brilliant from our Club ..... proper class.

Also couldn't resist being the 55th poster mate ....... our day will come.

:UK:

43 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Brilliant from our Club ..... proper class.

Also couldn't resist being the 55th poster mate ....... our day will come.

:UK:

Gerrards video on Twitter is class as well mate, even made me feel a wee bit better saying we’ll all get through this together and that he sends us his love.

Nice distraction from the usual media frenzy, trying to shock people as much as they can in these difficult times.

Bit of a red herring if it's deferred for 3-months. 

I suppose it will obviously help if it allows us to get the season book money in, but a large chunk of it is going straight back out paying the players what they are owed.

That said, they didn't really need to do anything at all. So it least it does help us in some ways.

So half the wages are deferred for 3 months, that means the 3 months after it our wages are gonna be an extra 50%

Does anyone not see an issue with this, after we slaughtered the tarriers this seems worse, we've still furloughed the staff but also asked the players to defer wages, tarriers as far as we know are still paying their players full wages 

Basically it sounds like the club cannot afford to pay the 20% needed to the furlough staff 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So half the wages are deferred for 3 months, that means the 3 months after it our wages are gonna be an extra 50%

Does anyone not see an issue with this, after we slaughtered the tarriers this seems worse, we've still furloughed the staff but also asked the players to defer wages, tarriers as far as we know are still paying their players full wages 

Basically it sounds like the club cannot afford to pay the 20% needed to the furlough staff 

Don't understand this part mate? have I misread something?  or do you mean the 20% of the staffs wages that we are picking up can only be done by saving the 50% on the deferred player wages? 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

Don't understand this part mate? have I misread something?  or do you mean the 20% of the staffs wages that we are picking up can only be done by saving the 50% on the deferred player wages? 

Thats exactly what i mean, and we laughed at the tarriers for exactly the same

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Eh? By that logic they can’t afford to pay the 20% either?  

We’ve found a way to pay our lower paid staff 100% of their wage and that lot have left their staff in the lurch.

How is our situation worse? 

Deferring the wages to top the other staff members up to 100% is the right thing to do in this instance. Unlike English football, there isn't a trough of money there and the finances are vastly different. 

The relaxing of live tv screening is an interesting one by UEFA. If it meant that fans that can't get to the games on a regular basis of can't afford to, can watch games live, I would be happy to pay the £25 a month or whatever it is for Rangers tv if I could do that. It would be an extra revenue stream for the club in what will be hard times ahead for most clubs in Scotland. Attendances may fall slightly in the short term but I think enough fans will still want the being there in the flesh experience that it won't affect us too much. 

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'm not sure if we can compare though. Our cash flow problem is well-documented whereas the tarriers have 30 million sitting in the bank. We don't.

Even at that, the tarriers are entitled to use the scheme if it's available to them. They're a big business as is ourselves. Some might find it a bit of a cheek from them but I'm neither here nor there on it, them using a Government scheme they are entitled to is the last thing on my mind atm.

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I think accepting the furlough scheme whilst still paying the highest earners (team/management/coaches, exec directors)  their full whack is shameful and any club doing that are basically immoral.

Given we aren’t exactly rolling in spare cash, this seems to me a very fair and pragmatic approach and I’m really proud of the club tonight.

Well said 

3BDC5C02-8043-464D-81F6-2883FB6D1698.gif.889ce1269fae19d5815056c9435511d5.gif

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No employee from the manager, players down to the cleaners will be financially penalised. We have every right to furlough the staff that we can, in fact I’d argue it would be negligent if we didn’t. I don’t care what anybody says, you can’t expect anybody to just half their salary. Deferrals are absolutely the right thing to do and will give some much needed respite to our cashflow. 
We’ll catch up, generally speaking, will lost income when this period finishes which will allow the deferred salaries to be paid.  

58 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Deferring the wages to top the other staff members up to 100% is the right thing to do in this instance. Unlike English football, there isn't a trough of money there and the finances are vastly different. 

The relaxing of live tv screening is an interesting one by UEFA. If it meant that fans that can't get to the games on a regular basis of can't afford to, can watch games live, I would be happy to pay the £25 a month or whatever it is for Rangers tv if I could do that. It would be an extra revenue stream for the club in what will be hard times ahead for most clubs in Scotland. Attendances may fall slightly in the short term but I think enough fans will still want the being there in the flesh experience that it won't affect us too much. 

It’s only relaxed as behind closed doors is on the table in enable for the season to finish and more importantly for the tv money to be paid. 

If RTV are allowed (possible not) I hope the fans don’t use the cheap subs however if it’s sky or bt etc. then I’ve no issues with it.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s only relaxed as behind closed doors is on the table in enable for the season to finish and more importantly for the tv money to be paid. 

If RTV are allowed (possible not) I hope the fans don’t use the cheap subs however if it’s sky or bt etc. then I’ve no issues with it.

If it allows a direct revenue stream to the club then great, but you are right. It will probably only be a temporary measure until seasons can finish and tv moneys can be sorted. 

hopefully clubs will be able to sort their own deals out. If it comes down to the league doing a deal with sky or bt then it will be a shit deal for clubs as the powers running the league haven't a clue.

Would hope that we are in the position to offer the whole lot back,in the future,whether it's a pay cut or deferred wages.
Well done to all involved.

Certain people should take note that LFC have reversed the decision to beg for Government money,with a few cheers from the media.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why is there any doubt about what we are doing?

Players, Management and exec's are deferring their wages for three months (which could mean one of two things - they will get them later or they won't - nobody knows that bit of the negotiation) I can't see anything about 50% of their wages - it's their full wages - unless you can point me to where 50% is mentioned!

Everyone else will receive 100% of their wages through the government scheme and a top up from the club.  

There you go, happy to help you out. 

55 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

No employee from the manager, players down to the cleaners will be financially penalised. We have every right to furlough the staff that we can, in fact I’d argue it would be negligent if we didn’t. I don’t care what anybody says, you can’t expect anybody to just half their salary. Deferrals are absolutely the right thing to do and will give some much needed respite to our cashflow. 
We’ll catch up, generally speaking, will lost income when this period finishes which will allow the deferred salaries to be paid.  

where is the statement regarding 50% deferral Eskie?

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is there any doubt about what we are doing?

Players, Management and exec's are deferring their wages for three months (which could mean one of two things - they will get them later or they won't - nobody knows that bit of the negotiation) I can't see anything about 50% of their wages - it's their full wages - unless you can point me to where 50% is mentioned!

Everyone else will receive 100% of their wages through the government scheme and a top up from the club.  

There you go, happy to help you out. 

No idea why you're quoting me when I was asking Jimbeam what he meant. 

Archived