Club Statement

bluenoz

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see why some folk are seeing what's NOT in the statement.

Players defer their wages for 3 months. This allows much better cash flow.

Furloughs are being used. Some employees behind the scenes have little or no work to do plus social distancing has to be observed, therefore the need for furloughs is increased. The only percentages to be looked at are, during furloughs, is that the Club pay 20% of staff wages with the government picking up the other 80% . This is protection of employment as never seen before in what is a very difficult time.

The club have done well here. This harks back to the days when Rangers were continually class and did our business quietly behind closed doors. The handling of this, more so in England to be fair has been a PR and moral disaster for clubs which they will take a while to recover from. 

To see a unified statement from the players, and the message from Gerard has class written all over it. Clearly this helps cash flow too which should not be forgotten but there are bigger issues here and Rangers have clearly led from the front here with not only Scottish but British clubs in terms of how to behave properly. 

15 hours ago, murzo said:

Not really paid enough attention to what other clubs have done. How does what we have done differ from others?

Not much but personally Liverpool reversed it as they recognised it was toxic due to their profits and turnover. 

It could be argued the nonces from the east end have used with massive profits which is also toxic.

I admit that maybe we are in a different financial situation and therefore had to use it but players cash could have been used.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This was the guy tweeting about the 50% yesterday 

58ACB629-D8A9-474E-874C-04F3CABB4683.jpeg

Yes but is there anything from the club on this because all I’ve seen is “their salaries “ the gaffer also said this in his briefing. I’m just interested in where it’s come from?

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

No employee from the manager, players down to the cleaners will be financially penalised. We have every right to furlough the staff that we can, in fact I’d argue it would be negligent if we didn’t. I don’t care what anybody says, you can’t expect anybody to just half their salary. Deferrals are absolutely the right thing to do and will give some much needed respite to our cashflow. 
We’ll catch up, generally speaking, will lost income when this period finishes which will allow the deferred salaries to be paid.  

If the league is declared either way, basically we don't finish the season then no we wont recover the lost income but still need to pay back the players

Im just astonished that people are praising guys on 20 grand a week giving the club a loan of 10 grand a week for the next 12 weeks before getting it back 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yes but is there anything from the club on this because all I’ve seen is “their salaries “ the gaffer also said this in his briefing. I’m just interested in where it’s come from?

I tend to believe the Club statement.  I can’t understand why the alleged press release would differ from it. Therefore, I think that the press Line of 50% is not to be believed.

24 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I tend to believe the Club statement.  I can’t understand why the alleged press release would differ from it. Therefore, I think that the press Line of 50% is not to be believed.

I’ve looked for ages and can’t find anything saying it’s a 50% haircut. It’s just exactly as the club states

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If the league is declared either way, basically we don't finish the season then no we wont recover the lost income but still need to pay back the players

Im just astonished that people are praising guys on 20 grand a week giving the club a loan of 10 grand a week for the next 12 weeks before getting it back 

If I was earning plus 20 grand Plus  a week in this current climate doing next to no  work .I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to give most of it back .Not criticism but I’m not going to dish out full some praise .If they get paid further down the line .Then it’s no great big deal for me 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Didn't mccoist take dugs abuse on here for deferring wages when we needed to cut costs badly, on the promise he'd get them back if/when he took us up to the top league

Maybe so. But after his behaviour at the end of his time with the club he deserves every bit of abuse he got.

12 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Maybe so. But after his behaviour at the end of his time with the club he deserves every bit of abuse he got.

Hell you're talking to one of his biggest critics here, but the differing opinions is unreal when it comes to the wage deferrals, 

14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Didn't mccoist take dugs abuse on here for deferring wages when we needed to cut costs badly, on the promise he'd get them back if/when he took us up to the top league

When it came out just how ridiculous his wages were, plus the amount of shares he was handed, I think he took the wage cut to save face.  As soon as he gets as put on gardening leave he demanded full pay until his contract expired a year later.  

Archived