Neil McCanns Greatest XI

Not sure if already mentioned on here but here is Neil McCanns greatest XI he has played with in a 4-3-1-2 formation with De Boer sitting behind the front two...

Stefan Klos, Fernando Ricksen, Craig Moore, Lorenzo Amoruso, Arthur Numan, Barry Ferguson, Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, Claudio Reyna, Ronald De Boer, Rod Wallace and Claudio Caniggia.

5 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Not sure if already mentioned on here but here is Neil McCanns greatest XI he has played with in a 4-3-1-2 formation with De Boer sitting behind the front two...

Stefan Klos, Fernando Ricksen, Craig Moore, Lorenzo Amoruso, Arthur Numan, Barry Ferguson, Giovanni Van Bronkhorst, Claudio Reyna, Ronald De Boer, Rod Wallace and Claudio Caniggia.

Lovenkrands did way more than Rod Wallace for me over a longer period of time . Surprised he left Pete out of that team

And Albertz before Reyna . every day of the week

De Boer was very Laudrup in the way he played up front by himself or with a partner, or wide left or right as a midfielder, or wide left or right as a forward, or in behind the striker or strikers as an attacking midfielder, and I’m not entirely sure what his best role was because he was fucking excellent at all of them.

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

De Boer was very Laudrup in the way he played up front by himself or with a partner, or wide left or right as a midfielder, or wide left or right as a forward, or in behind the striker or strikers as an attacking midfielder, and I’m not entirely sure what his best role was because he was fucking excellent at all of them.

in the hole mate

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Lovenkrands did way more than Rod Wallace for me over a longer period of time . Surprised he left Pete out of that team

And Albertz before Reyna . every day of the week

He did say play with, mccann was gone by time lovenkrands started being way more consistent for us

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He did say play with, mccann was gone by time lovenkrands started being way more consistent for us

Yip. PL was a bit part player when wee NM was playing 

When we talk of most underrated players...

Then wee McCann was the most underrated of all, no millions of pounds, no euro international caps, no big name.

But what a fkn player, I'd love him at Rangers in the backroom staff, very highly thought of coach, just needs the right under study.

Never seen a more consistent winger in my 33 years apart from the great Dane.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

When we talk of most underrated players...

Then wee McCann was the most underrated of all, no millions of pounds, no euro international caps, no big name.

But what a fkn player, I'd love him at Rangers in the backroom staff, very highly thought of coach, just needs the right under study.

Never seen a more consistent winger in my 33 years apart from the great Dane.

I don’t think McCann was underrated at all, everyone appreciated how good he was at the time.  Also the best crosser of a ball I’ve ever seen in a Rangers jersey.  Plus one of the best songs in football history. 😂

27 minutes ago, roboscot said:

It appears that your memory of Mols injury  is flawed. 

😄 I was at the game and I know what I saw. Kahn running 35 yards up the pitch to foul Mols and on the way down poor Mike's knee went. Which led to him missing a lot of games and he never really discovered or achieved the potential he had shown pre said injury.

Nothing flawed about an opinion....fuck sake I reminded myself of Dude there...😜

Archived