Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Part of me doesn't want to as I'd rather back the team.

But if the club refused tickets and prominent groups / RSCs asked for fans not to go then I'd support it.

Yes folk still went to Dundee, but in far reduced numbers and in a fashion that would harm clubs normally receiving 6k fans or whatever or game.

You would support it, others wouldn’t.  It would be a failed boycott and we would be laughed at just like what happened at the Dundee United game.

Bottom line is we can’t boycott and after the Dundee United fiasco it should never be mentioned again.  It can’t be done.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Exactly, we could never have a total boycott because there will always be Rangers fan who go to the games.  Even if asked to stay away by the manager and directors they would still go.  Wasn’t there a fan rep at the Dundee Inited boycott?  That was a total embarrassment and should be the last time we ever mention boycotts.

I remember Dundee Utd you will always get your diehards but if we can deal with having 800 against the tims then we can make a massive impact against shitehawks like Livingston. Say we took 200 and the majority toed the party line. 

We never got a total boycott against Dundee United but we still had 6k less than we would have had. For Livingston that would be curtains. That is what I'm saying. 

Just now, TMB said:

Is that set in stone?  I mean, number of games that constitute a completed season can be changed so why not the distribution of prize money.  Distribute an equal share to everyone meaning everyone but the Old Form will receive more.  Giving other clubs a financial reason to back our proposal would motivate them to get behind it.

Yes. That's what we've proposed.

Based on last years figures, an equal split (just in the Premiership) that would see all 12 clubs get £1713541. That would see the top four all losing out with them losing 1.6m, us losing 700k and the other two (Motherwell and Aberdeen) losing between 100k and 300k.

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

I remember Dundee Utd you will always get your diehards but if we can deal with having 800 against the tims then we can make a massive impact against shitehawks like Livingston. Say we took 200 and the majority toed the party line. 

We never got a total boycott against Dundee United but we still had 6k less than we would have had. For Livingston that would be curtains. That is what I'm saying. 

How many clubs went bankrupt in the four years they never had us propping them up in the top flight?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Yes. That's what we've proposed.

Based on last years figures, an equal split (just in the Premiership) that would see all 12 clubs get £1713541. That would see the top four all losing out with them losing 1.6m, us losing 700k and the other two (Motherwell and Aberdeen) losing between 100k and 300k.

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

This is what we should be pushing.  People will vote in their own best interests.  If they stand to gain more money with our proposal it’ll have a better chance of success.

The Airdrie owner says he’s in favour of null and void but won’t vote for that due to financial reasons.  They want the prize money.  

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Obviously underhand issues with Livingston they literally made a massive profit for a club their size so it’s not about getting money asap for them 

Couple of emails from a certain club will have talked them round. 👍

https://craigraesport.wordpress.com/2020/04/09/neil-doncaster-and-the-great-big-cop-out/

Don’t disagree with any of this to be honest. No honours are allowed as no team has won or lost the league but current standings will still be counted for European positions and monetary prizes  meaning current achievements in the league still has a value. 

7 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

When we got demoted there was talk of boycotting every club in the top-tier - Never happened.  Then when we tried to boycott Dundee United we made a cunt of it.

I’d rather we didn’t talk about boycotting or even try it again.  I guarantee you it’ll fail.

Just now, The Dude said:

How many clubs went bankrupt in the four years they never had us propping them up in the top flight?

They all got debt deals done by thier bank. Like millions written off. 

Livingston were rumoured back in November to be on the brink.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

https://craigraesport.wordpress.com/2020/04/09/neil-doncaster-and-the-great-big-cop-out/

Don’t disagree with any of this to be honest. No honours are allowed as no team has won or lost the league but current standings will still be counted for European positions and monetary prizes  meaning current achievements in the league still has a value. 

I’d distribute the prize money evenly.  Award Euro spots based on current spots.  But there can’t be relegation, promotion, or title winners, since the season was never completed.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

When we got demoted there was talk of boycotting ever club in the top-tier - Never happened.  Then when we tried to boycott we made a cunt of it.

I’d rather we didn’t talk about boycotting or even try it again.  I guarantee you it’ll fail.

I know what we are like we all know someone who's been to every game and stoping these kind of guys getting to games is impossible. 

This stuff shouldn't be down to the fans some backbone and balls is required from our board room and we need to start commanding our position within the game in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Answer your own loaded questions. 

Wasn't  a loaded question. Just pointing out how pointless a boycott would be - if we could actually manage to stick to it.

When we went to D3 not having us packing their grounds out didn't kill a single club. A half-arsed boycott certainly wont.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wasn't  a loaded question. Just pointing out how pointless a boycott would be - if we could actually manage to stick to it.

When we went to D3 not having us packing their grounds out didn't kill a single club. A half-arsed boycott certainly wont.

Dundee United offered us 6000 tickets , we sold less than 400. I’d say that’s a success as far as a boycott goes. Not total but it must have hurt them 

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Dundee United offered us 6000 tickets , we sold less than 400. I’d say that’s a success as far as a boycott goes. Not total but it must have hurt them 

Club-backed boycott and still several hundred couldn't help themselves (wasn't one of the high heid yins of the RSA forced to quit after he ignored the boycott the RSA championed? )

Dude, 

I don't think we will boycott anyone, just gave an example of the bestway to do it. For maximum impact. 

Our board need to fight what is a land grab by the tims. I saw what you said earlier in the thread about having optimism about pulling this back and the way we were playing I just can't see it ever happening so all being normal they would have won 9.

The goalposts have moved and if they get awarded a title during a Global Pandemic when people are dying and my Kid can't even go to training then there is something far wrong especially if even UEFA are now getting involved and threatening to ban Scottish football from European Competition. 

If Liverpool after the way they have run away with the title have players saying that they will accept not being champions. 

This shit is the same as 2012 I hope now we have a board that will fight the good fight, I am still to be convinced. 

The Stranraer chairman/owner/whatever hinted  earlier today that most small clubs will vote in favor of calling it a day now so they can get their hands on the dosh from the SPFL asap. The bottom line is that  they are all skint and desperate for the end of season payout now.

9 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Dude, 

I don't think we will boycott anyone, just gave an example of the bestway to do it. For maximum impact. 

Our board need to fight what is a land grab by the tims. I saw what you said earlier in the thread about having optimism about pulling this back and the way we were playing I just can't see it ever happening so all being normal they would have won 9.

The goalposts have moved and if they get awarded a title during a Global Pandemic when people are dying and my Kid can't even go to training then there is something far wrong especially if even UEFA are now getting involved and threatening to ban Scottish football from European Competition. 

If Liverpool after the way they have run away with the title have players saying that they will accept not being champions. 

This shit is the same as 2012 I hope now we have a board that will fight the good fight, I am still to be convinced. 

Liverpool will get the title. The UEFA president even admitted it may need to be resolved 'around a table' and he couldn't see a way Liverpool wouldn't be champions. 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I can't see this working. Not all clubs have played the same amount of games and what happens to the points where the ref has apologised for costing points.

The same thing that happens every other time. Nothing. 

Archived