Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Club-backed boycott and still several hundred couldn't help themselves (wasn't one of the high heid yins of the RSA forced to quit after he ignored the boycott the RSA championed? )

Yes he did. I spoke to him about it years later and he was honest enough to say he just wanted to watch his team. But his position was untenable. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kplfishtank said:

Yes he did. I spoke to him about it years later and he was honest enough to say he just wanted to watch his team. But his position was untenable. 

There'll be plenty in that same boat once this is all over with. Put it this way, if our first game back is away to Livi, you think we're all going to sit at home after nae fitba for 6months and just watch it on the telly?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There'll be plenty in that same boat once this is all over with. Put it this way, if our first game back is away to Livi, you think we're all going to sit at home after nae fitba for 6months and just watch it on the telly?

Do you go to games home or away? As in paying for tickets?  

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Budge now saying she expects proposal to be rejected from speaking to clubs in top 2 leagues.

I hope so.  Otherwise the sporting integrity that was so important not so long ago, is clearly conditional upon who suffers when it is applied. Forget about winning for a moment, but If teams are willing to prematurely relegate clubs, just to get their hands on some cash, then they should expect no favours in the future.

6 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

I hope so.  Otherwise the sporting integrity that was so important not so long ago, is clearly conditional upon who suffers when it is applied. Forget about winning for a moment, but If teams are willing to prematurely relegate clubs, just to get their hands on some cash, then they should expect no favours in the future.

Post of the day 👍

54 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Club-backed boycott and still several hundred couldn't help themselves (wasn't one of the high heid yins of the RSA forced to quit after he ignored the boycott the RSA championed? )

Yes he was.  It might have been 400 that turned up but it was a public embarrassment for Rangers.  If evidence was ever needed that we can’t pull off a boycott that was it.  It should never be considered again.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The same thing that happens every other time. Nothing. 

If they're changing the rules so points can determine the winner, then surely they have to reassess All games to make sure the correct decisions were made in them. Especially after the amount of complaints about referees.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

If they're changing the rules so points can determine the winner, then surely they have to reassess All games to make sure the correct decisions were made in them. Especially after the amount of complaints about referees.

Points always determine the winner.

Why would they re-referee games and change results? When have they ever done that before at any point in the 150-ish year history of organised football?

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

Yes he was.  It might have been 400 that turned up but it was a public embarrassment for Rangers.  If evidence was ever needed that we can’t pull off a boycott that was it.  It should never be considered again.

Same with the SD boycott.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Points always determine the winner.

Why would they re-referee games and change results? When have they ever done that before at any point in the 150-ish year history of organised football?

Why not they seem to bend every other rule. My personal preference is null and void and restart from the results of 19/20 and competition money helping all 42 clubs based on need.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Why not they seem to bend every other rule. My personal preference is null and void and restart from the results of 19/20 and competition money helping all 42 clubs based on need.

How can you void AND restart from the results you've voided? 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You said you'd restart from the results of 19/20. While also voiding 19/20

And this is what I meant in saying that.

My personal preference is null and void and restart from the results of 19/20 and competition money helping all 42 clubs based on need.

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

You void the season NOT the starting point of that season as those results come from the season prior.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Yes but the starting point for 20/21 would be where everyone stood at the start of 19/20. It's basically rewinding the clock to the start.

So team get rewarded despite not earning it? Hardly fair.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I’ve not been in a top tier ground since we came up. I said in 2012 I couldn’t go and give them my money and once we got out the championship I resigned my position in my RSC with immediate effect. That’s never changed and never will . The first season not going was the hardest, I’d been everywhere from a very young age , but I got used to it. So I won’t be going anywhere near Livingston or any other ground 

Just now, The Dude said:

So team get rewarded despite not earning it? Hardly fair.

Your not getting it

• Null and void the games played 19/20
  • Season 20/21 starts from places at start of season 19/20 
  • Competition money in pot now goes to helping all 42 clubs based on need.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Your not getting it

• Null and void the games played 19/20
  • Season 20/21 starts from places at start of season 19/20 
  • Competition money in pot now goes to helping all 42 clubs based on need.

Who goes into Europe?

Archived