Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's the fairest way in these circumstances as complaints were made and clubs lost points. 

But those complaints would never have resulted in games being re-refereed and results being changed anyway. That's never been the outcome to complaints about refereeing decisions. Ever.

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But those complaints would never have resulted in games being re-refereed and results being changed anyway. That's never been the outcome to complaints about refereeing decisions. Ever.

And that's the point 'never happened' but it can happen - it works both ways. 

Just now, The Dude said:

They can. So can St. Johnstone and Hibs too.

And therein lies the problem of declaring on current positions, nearly every team has an argument that they are being hard done by other than the tarriers, everyone can argue they could finish higher if league was finished

If declared null and void and use last seasons final placings, at least the teams cant argue they deserved a higher finish or could have finished higher because they couldnt and they didnt

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because it is rewarding a team who are currently sat in eighth in the league and giving them a second crack at Europe when they wouldn't have got close this season - and were papped out by a welsh boozer at the start of this season.

At least using this season's 80% completed campaign is a closer representation of how this season was going to end up than using the season before. There's also questios over prize money. Would Livi only be entitled to what they would have got at the end of 18/19 for winning the Championship while the team relegated last season gets a Premiership level payout (somewhere around 600k difference between bottom of Prem (1.125m) and winning Championship 562k)?

And what about clubs who are mathematically capable of overtaking the team at the top of the league?  

I'm not sure why you would want to settle for "a closer representation" of what has happened? The league hasn't been completed, therefore, there is no winner. Hence, it's voided. You don't ge more more of a closer representarion than that. 

Just now, OceanRain said:

And what about clubs who are mathematically capable of overtaking the team at the top of the league?  

I'm not sure why you would want to settle for "a closer representation" of what has happened? The league hasn't been completed, therefore, there is no winner. Hence, it's voided. You don't ge more more of a closer representarion than that. 

So nobody gets Europe then or prize money etc?

Even Rangers havent pushed for it to be voided.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And therein lies the problem of declaring on current positions, nearly every team has an argument that they are being hard done by other than the tarriers, everyone can argue they could finish higher if league was finished

If declared null and void and use last seasons final placings, at least the teams cant argue they deserved a higher finish or could have finished higher because they couldnt and they didnt

The league can't be finished though so they can't climb any higher - or go any lower. Would/should prize money be paid out on last season's positions too?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The league can't be finished though so they can't climb any higher - or go any lower. Would/should prize money be paid out on last season's positions too?

Split all prize money evenly across the league.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So nobody gets Europe then or prize money etc?

Even Rangers havent pushed for it to be voided.

I agree with the post on places being awarded based on previous seasons standings. Prize money to be divided equally among all clubs.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just one Q on your edited post.

When did Kilmarnock earn their place in the Europa League for next season?

Dude, I’ll not be drawn into a debate with you. I learned I was no match for you when your crusade was arguing with bears about how referees were not officiating us unfairly.   

I’ll know where to find you if I fancy a debate, you can always be found in the same place.  

Look after yourself, it must be exhausting. 

Just now, BlueBeard said:

Split all prize money evenly across the league.

Across all 42 clubs? That would see Brechin City get 13 years worth of prize money in one go while most of the premiership clubs have to take a substantial hit (between 500k and 2.7m)

If it's just across the Premiership the top four would all lose out financially.

Just now, markem said:

Dude, I’ll not be drawn into a debate with you. I learned I was no match for you when your crusade was arguing with bears about how referees were not officiating us unfairly.   

I’ll know where to find you if I fancy a debate, you can always be found in the same place.  

Look after yourself, it must be exhausting. 

You look after yourself too mate, I'll never find talking about fitba exhausting. Beats having to deal with the real world.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Across all 42 clubs? That would see Brechin City get 13 years worth of prize money in one go while most of the premiership clubs have to take a substantial hit (between 500k and 2.7m)

If it's just across the Premiership the top four would all lose out financially.

Sporting integrity isn't impacted though, is it?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Sporting integrity was a wanky buzzword we all ripped the pish out of eight years ago, now its the be-all-and-end-all. 

We didn’t rip the pish out of Sporting integrity ...sporting integrity ripped the pish out of us !!

Just now, OceanRain said:

Poor response to a serious question, to be honest.

It was a serious question? Ok, how does giving clubs prize money they haven't earned not impact sporting integrity?  "Here, we know you've been shite this season but here, have a big chunk of Rangers' prize money as a reward for your mediocrity"

Just now, The Dude said:

It was a serious question? Ok, how does giving clubs prize money they haven't earned not impact sporting integrity?  "Here, we know you've been shite this season but here, have a big chunk of Rangers' prize money as a reward for your mediocrity"

Dude out of interest say there are no voices calling for anything, what do you think is the fair solution here if the games cant be played and what would you do if you had all the power?

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or, here’s a league title for you septic. We know you haven’t won it as there are still 8/9 games to be played but hey ho. Sporting integrity !!!!!

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're suddenly concerned about how this affects Rangers?

Behave.

Archived