Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Dude out of interest say there are no voices calling for anything, what do you think is the fair solution here if the games cant be played and what would you do if you had all the power?

If the remaining games can't be played? I'd most likely stick with the standings as is and dish out titles, relegations etc.

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I think its because celtic would lose the most mate

Relatively speaking, Livi would likely lose the most from prize money. They'd stand to lose out on about 1.1m based on current positions which is a far bigger deal to them than celtic losing out on a similar amount.

Just now, The Dude said:

Fuck, most on here had already handed them it before Covid-19 even happened.

There’s a difference between thinking your own team fucked it and actually handing them a title. 

The fans that thought we had blown it would still have hoped and turned up every week to see if it could be brought back.

No one would have happily seen them given the title at that time without a fight.

And I highly doubt anyone would just hand it over now.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There’s a difference between thinking your own team fucked it and actually handing them a title. 

The fans that thought we had blown it would still have hoped and turned up every week to see if it could be brought back.

No one would have happily seen them given the title at that time without a fight.

And I highly doubt anyone would just hand it over now.

Some had that much hope that anyone who actually expressed said hope was branded deluded. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Some had that much hope that anyone who actually expressed said hope was branded deluded. 

That’s opinions. 

Things get said but I guarantee every fan still turned up thinking it could be clawed back. We have done it before. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

How it affects everyone.

Nah. The fact you're quite satisfied to see celtic awarded a league title they haven't won, but apparantly couldn't stomach the thought of anyone picking up a share of "our" prize money is enough for me.

I've always been prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on the forum, Dude, but over the last few weeks it's become more and more obvious that you're nothing more than a wind up merchant.  It's attention seeking on a truly heroic level and I applaud your ability to carry on with these bizarre fishing expeditions no matter the abuse that comes your way on here. Some unjustified, most highly acccurate.

An utterly baffling individual.

11 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Nah. The fact you're quite satisfied to see celtic awarded a league title they haven't won, but apparantly couldn't stomach the thought of anyone picking up a share of "our" prize money is enough for me.

I've always been prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on the forum, Dude, but over the last few weeks it's become more and more obvious that you're nothing more than a wind up merchant.  It's attention seeking on a truly heroic level and I applaud your ability to carry on with these bizarre fishing expeditions no matter the abuse the comes your way on here. Some unjustified, most highly acccurate.

The bit I don’t get is if it was his choice and he had the power he would give celtic the title.

I just can’t get my head around that. 😳

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Fuck, most on here had already handed them it before Covid-19 even happened.

I didn't have us winning before the game at Parkhead on the 29th, along with a few others. There's countless examples of sporting comeback from a supposedly impossible position but if you had the choice you'd hand them the league because our supporters had written us off before the break? That would actually factor into your thinking if it was up to you? 

Just now, OceanRain said:

I've always been prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on the forum, Dude, but over the last few weeks it's become more and more obvious that you're nothing more than a wind up merchant.  It's attention seeking on a truly heroic level and I applaud your ability to carry on with these bizarre fishing expeditions no matter the abuse the comes your way on here. Some unjustified, most highly acccurate.

I'm "quite satisfied" to see a line drawn under this season. If that ends up with celtic getting a title that's always going to have an asterisk beside it, so be it. Null and void isn't on the table - and isn't even something Rangers have floated with the SPFL - so hanging our hat on that being the outcome is just setting ourselves for a big disappointment.

Ah yes, attention seeking. Of course it is.  I mean the attention I get on here is just so overwhelmingly positive 😂

Just now, The Dude said:

I'm "quite satisfied" to see a line drawn under this season. If that ends up with celtic getting a title that's always going to have an asterisk beside it, so be it. Null and void isn't on the table - and isn't even something Rangers have floated with the SPFL - so hanging our hat on that being the outcome is just setting ourselves for a big disappointment.

Ah yes, attention seeking. Of course it is.  I mean the attention I get on here is just so overwhelmingly positive 😂

Do attention seekers give a fuck about positive/negative attention as long as they're getting the attention? 

Just now, King Jela said:

I didn't have us winning before the game at Parkhead on the 29th, along with a few others. There's countless examples of sporting comeback from a supposedly impossible position but if you had the choice you'd hand them the league because our supporters had written us off before the break? That would actually factor into your thinking if it was up to you? 

No. I haven't said anything remotely close to that as my reason why I'd go with the standing as is.

The amount of games played so far, the lack of any opportunity to play the remaining games and the financial ramifications for clubs across the leagues are why I'd opt to stick with standings.

Just now, King Jela said:

Do attention seekers give a fuck about positive/negative attention as long as they're getting the attention? 

Surely I'd go somewhere where I'd get much more attention than the 10-20 regular posters on here?

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Out of interest, that asterisk they could / would have. What's the importance / relevance / significance of that for you in the months and years ahead?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Out of interest, that asterisk they could / would have. What's the importance / relevance / significance of that for you in the months and years ahead?

The relevance/significance of the asterisk? It'll always be there as a wee reminder that they never won it on the pitch. Same with Dundee United.

35 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Dude out of interest say there are no voices calling for anything, what do you think is the fair solution here if the games cant be played and what would you do if you had all the power?

Argue with everyone on Rangers Media. 

I think the dude would fuck us just for the argument. :whistle:

Archived