Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

It's not a difficult premise to grasp. Null and void is the preferred action for most of us but that is looking increasingly less likely to happen. 

The league cannot continue. The league has not reached the 38 game target required for a fair end to the season, one in which a champion can be crowned. The league must therefore be stopped at the current point, not completed. That's the key part of it. League position are called as final positions, no champions, no relegation. It allows European places to be assigned based on current positions. 

A title does not need to be given as the full season hasn't been fulfilled.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DW1872 said:

I think it's that you seem to be thriving on them being awarded it that's winding people up.

I don't think anyone's burying their head in the sand. It's a Rangers forum full of Rangers fans so it's fairly obvious that you constantly talking them up for the title will provoke reactions of a varying degree of annoyance.

Certain posters on here get wound up regardless of what I post.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

It's not a difficult premise to grasp. Null and void is the preferred action for most of us but that is looking increasingly less likely to happen. 

The league cannot continue. The league has not reached the 38 game target required for a fair end to the season, one in which a champion can be crowned. The league must therefore be stopped at the current point, not completed. That's the key part of it. League position are called as final positions, no champions, no relegation. It allows European places to be assigned based on current positions. 

Null & void is the only position all clubs, including Rangers, agree can’t happen due to financial implications of it

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

There is absolutely no need to give a title. The dude cannot answer this point.

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Well I would prefer they didn't win 9in a fucking row. 

Id prefer football wasn't suspended, we hadn't shat the bed after the winter break and we weren't sitting in a position where theres little idea of when there's going to be anymore football.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not being purposefully awkward at all. The clubs are currently voting on whether the team at the top of the table when the season is prematurely ended will be champions. 

I know that. But you're saying the team at the top when the season is prematurely ended must be champion. Just because that's what is being voted on doesn't make it the only way of doing things.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Null and void isn't, and won't be at any point, on the table.

Just now, Amato said:

I know that. But you're saying the team at the top when the season is prematurely ended must be champion. Just because that's what is being voted on doesn't make it the only way of doing things.

There's lot of ways things could be done but this is the way it is being done. Pretending or expecting anything different is just setting ourselves up for disappointment. There's virtually no chance that they won't award titles with 80% of the season already played.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Null and void isn't, and won't be at any point, on the table.

I can appreciate positions at the moment can constitute euro qualification, money for dishing out, but to award champion status and league winners , no it does not sit right 

Just now, The Dude said:

Certain posters on here get wound up regardless of what I post

Fair point!

There's a difference though expressing what you think will happen and coming over like you're relentlessly campaigning for them.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

As it stands right now then SPFL proposal will fail. Still time for that to change as there will be a lot of phonecalls/bargaining tomorrow but that’s how it stands at the moment

As long as they fail with thier grab at 9. How the season can end with any clubs being relegated or promoted just flys in the face of human suffering which has been caused by the Global pandemic. 

And if there plan fails lets never let them hear the end of what they tried to do. 

Filth. 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

I can appreciate positions at the moment can constitute euro qualification, money for dishing out, but to award champion status and league winners , no it does not sit right 

And that is in a nutshell the point I think a few of us are making. 👍 

Just now, dummiesoot said:

So if you dish out the prize money and euro spots based on current standings, what difference does them getting a trophy make? They'd still get ALL the benefits and rewards of being champions.

12 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I hope common sense prevails. 

3 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

Fair point!

There's a difference though expressing what you think will happen and coming over like you're relentlessly campaigning for them.

Not just what I think was going to happen but info I'd got from clubs several weeks ago confirming that this was the path the SPFL were planning on going down.

Just now, The Dude said:

So if you dish out the prize money and euro spots based on current standings, what difference does them getting a trophy make? They'd still get ALL the benefits and rewards of being champions.

I mean if you weren't a Rangers fan I could see your point here but come on to fuck

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No they wouldn't. They wouldn't have another League title to their name.

Just now, The Dude said:

Not just what I think was going to happen but info I'd got from clubs several weeks ago confirming that this was the path the SPFL were planning on going down.

So all this is to gloat about you contact. Tragic again.

Archived