Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hoping for a decision where greed and corruption were not involved was impossible. 

Scottish football is run by fenians, the media are spoon fed by fenians and thus adore said fenians. 

Game was up a long time ago because we sat back and let it happen. 

No title was won this season no matter how hard the taig media try to spin it. 

celtic clinging onto a global death pandemic to gain some false achievement.

Morally corrupt since 1888

Yep , I'd like to think in future football books listing league winners , this years will have a wee asterisk explaining the league was awarded rather than won . 

If the league is postponed and will be for a length of time that makes restarting the league impossible then the only logical option is to void this league and return to normal next season, the league is not a sprint it's a long distance effort where every team knows where they are and what they need to do for the remainder, you don't cancel a marathon after 15 miles and award the medal to the guy who was in first place when there's a long way to go

Legal action is needed here

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They are getting all clubs to vote, and if passed will be used to win titles / get relegated except for Premier league. Those leagues would end now. If our leagues games cant be played, this will also be adopted in due course for our league too. Also wanting restructuring for next season.

Ambiguity if the 90% votes needed for decisions relating to Premier League issues still applies here ( Rangers plus Hearts could deny proposal if vote against), or the 75% vote typically used for other 3 leagues.

Re writing the rule book as they go.

Corrupt to the fucking core.

=========================

ON CURTAILMENT OF LADBROKES SPFL SEASON 2019/20

PFL CLUBS ARE TO VOTE ON A RESOLUTION RECOMMENDING THE TERMINATION OF THE 2019/20 SEASON IN THE LADBROKES CHAMPIONSHIP, LADBROKES LEAGUE 1 AND LADBROKES LEAGUE 2

SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, with final season placings determined by points per game in league matches played to date by each club.

The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.

However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.

The Cabinet Secretary for Health announced on 17 March that NHS Scotland had been put on an emergency footing for at least 12 weeks until 10 June. In addition, the Scottish Government also publicly advised that expectations are that restrictions could remain in place for at least 13 weeks.

That means the remaining fixtures in Ladbrokes League Season 2019/20 and the related play-off competitions cannot be scheduled without significantly damaging the SPFL’s ability to start and complete, on time, League Season 2020/21 and next Season’s Betfred Cup.

The SPFL has therefore today circulated a written resolution to its 42 Member Clubs recommending that SPFL clubs approve:

the immediate termination of Season 2019/20 for the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2, without the remaining fixtures in the League being played;

all play-off competitions being cancelled; and

final season placings to be determined by the number of points per game earned by each club in the matches they have played. This would result in the following final divisional tables for Season 2019/20 in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2:

If approved, this would result in the promotion of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, and the relegation of Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21.

SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “These are extraordinarily difficult times for our entire country and, like every sports body worldwide, we have been wrestling with the enormous challenges caused by the outbreak.

“To their credit, every single club in the SPFL has been committed to completing the remaining fixtures for Season 2019/20, but they also all recognise we must prioritise the safety of players, officials and fans, and ensure our emergency services are given every possible assistance to focus on their vital work. Many football people have friends or family who are working with the emergency and health services or who have been affected by this awful virus and I have been struck by the strong sense of solidarity shown by everyone in our sport.

“The communication from the Scottish Government at least gives us a degree of clarity, meaning it will now be impossible to fulfil the remaining fixtures in the Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 without causing huge financial damage and uncertainty for Clubs in those Divisions. We have recommended a way forward which we firmly believe enables the best possible outcome for Scottish football in these very demanding and unique circumstances.”

SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster added: “As a Board, we have consulted extensively with clubs in all four divisions since football was suspended on 13th March and have taken expert legal and commercial advice.

“Now is the right time to act. Very regrettably, we must face the reality that it’s simply not possible for the remaining Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 fixtures to remain postponed without causing significant further financial harm to clubs in those divisions.  Further, many of our clubs are experiencing very challenging organisational and financial circumstances.

“Everyone in our game and in the country generally, is wrestling with the devastating impact of Covid-19. They all know there are no easy answers or simple solutions, but the Board’s recommended proposal will give us a far greater degree of certainty, minimise the harm to the game overall, and enable us make end-of-season fee payments now to Ladbrokes Championship, League 1 and League 2 clubs.

“The position for the Ladbrokes Premiership remains particularly complicated. Everyone is aware of UEFA’s desire for the family of European football to work together to resolve the issues that confront us all. We are keen to work with UEFA and remain in discussion with them over the situation in Scotland.

“The quicker we reach a final position the better, but there is no doubt this is the most complicated and challenging situation our game has faced in living memory.”

I said all along . They gave all the clubs their money to canvess for this . Vile corrupts  scumbags 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

This decision was made as soon as the season was stopped, they just didn't want to release it.

Not at all surprised. 

It probably took them a wee while to work out all permutations with their bheast loving bastards for solicitors 

my thoughts on this:

1) they are pushing it to the clubs to vote on so if the vote passes there is no scrutiny on the SPFL board. shitebags. what is the point in having a board if member clubs just vote on everything?

2) the 75% vote has been chosen because they know they have the numbers to pass this through

3) there's probably absolutely nothing we can do it about it if it passes. we should be making clear, behind closed doors, if clubs vote to pass this through we will decline away tickets at every league game for X number of years and generally refuse to engage with anyone who votes in favour of this

33 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

There was never any doubt that Lawwell and the rest of the corrupt cabal were going to carve up (for example 75% vote) to hand the new club Separate Entity FC the title. Other clubs will be suitably rewarded and  protect themselves. 

Our club should take action next season against all OTHER  clubs . Refuse away tickets . Fuck them

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Another statement followed by another and another no doubts

I sincerely hope your wrong, this time I think they might fight it. If not where we as fans go to after that is going to be a difficult decision for every individual. 
My individual opinion is that we can’t stay in this league if they lose this court case, will England allow us to join though, doubt it. Fuck knows what we do if that’s the case to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Another statement followed by another and another no doubts

This is the time to get behind the board. We have a new chairman & PR man. No point in slating them before given a chance.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

my thoughts on this:

1) they are pushing it to the clubs to vote on so if the vote passes there is no scrutiny on the SPFL board. shitebags. what is the point in having a board if member clubs just vote on everything?

2) the 75% vote has been chosen because they know they have the numbers to pass this through

3) there's probably absolutely nothing we can do it about it if it passes. we should be making clear, behind closed doors, if clubs vote to pass this through we will decline away tickets at every league game for X number of years and generally refuse to engage with anyone who votes in favour of this

Pretty much nailed on 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

my thoughts on this:

in fact, we should also threaten to leave Scottish football if this vote passes

Plenty of smaller English clubs will be going bust over the next 2-3 months and there will be spots up for grabs in the English leagues. Not that I actually want this to happen, but it is a threat that will, at this moment in time, be taken seriously. 

Honestly at a point where I don’t care anymore. The filth had the league wrapped up before corona hit, and it was our fault. Over the games played they deserve it. 

Cant actually be arsed restarting the league with them 13 points ahead anyway. Then getting it handed as a tainted title is going to happen. Fuck all our club or fans will do about it.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I sincerely hope your wrong, this time I think they might fight it. If not where we as fans go to after that is going to be a difficult decision for every individual. 
My individual opinion is that we can’t stay in this league if they lose this court case, will England allow us to join though, doubt it. Fuck knows what we do if that’s the case to be honest. 

Gerrard won't be fighting it . That is my honest opinion . And our club will make some noises and be the fucking pathetic cowards , they have been for the past 5/6 years 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Honestly at a point where I don’t care anymore. The filth had the league wrapped up before corona hit, and it was our fault. Over the games played they deserve it. 

Cant actually be arsed restarting the league with them 13 points ahead anyway. Then getting it handed as a tainted title is going to happen. Fuck all our club or fans will do about it.

Very poor attitude . Apathy creeping in to our lot as per 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

in fact, we should also threaten to leave Scottish football if this vote passes

Plenty of smaller English clubs will be going bust over the next 2-3 months and there will be spots up for grabs in the English leagues. Not that I actually want this to happen, but it is a threat that will, at this moment in time, be taken seriously. 

No it won't as it would require the SFA to approve us leaving their association to join the FA. They won't be giving that approval in my lifetime or yours.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

If they carve things up in this way then a heavy hand must be taken.

Withdrawal from next seasons Cup competitions would be a fair starting point.

Except participation in the cups is mandatory for clubs in the SPFL. No cups = no league.

Archived