Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

I have. They'll get the title as they are the team at the top of the table at the end of the season.

Do you see the point of no trophy being handed out as the season was cut short by a quarter by a pandemic and the title wasn't won?

1 minute ago, DW1872 said:

No they wouldn't. They wouldn't have another League title to their name.

What benefits does that bring them? Does it stop them getting CL access? Stop them getting the prize money for finishing first? Stop them getting CL money?

I'd be much more concerned about them possibly getting their hands on 20-30m quid through the CL than I would them getting to add another title to whatever their total number is.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So if you dish out the prize money and euro spots based on current standings, what difference does them getting a trophy make? They'd still get ALL the benefits and rewards of being champions.

Because those fuckers, and let's forget about a wee asterisk next to it, will count it it regardless toward a tainted 10 in a row (if they make it) whereas we as a club and as fans, dont count our 'not quite full titles' in our total. I find that unacceptable regardless of your 'ach it will ha e a wee * next to it'

Just now, The Dude said:

What benefits does that bring them? Does it stop them getting CL access? Stop them getting the prize money for finishing first? Stop them getting CL money?

I'd be much more concerned about them possibly getting their hands on 20-30m quid through the CL than I would them getting to add another title to whatever their total number is.

Personally I think most Rangers fans would also be concerned with them being handed another 9iar and being another title closer to our record.

It's replies like that which winds people up.

Just now, DW1872 said:

Personally I think most Rangers fans would also be concerned with them being handed another 9iar and being another title closer to our record.

He actually wants them to get the title 🤮🤮🤮

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This explains everything. Those who don't understand don't matter.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Because those fuckers, and let's forget about a wee asterisk next to it, will count it it regardless toward a tainted 10 in a row (if they make it) whereas we as a club and as fans, dont count our 'not quite full titles' in our total. I find that unacceptable regardless of your 'ach it will ha e a wee * next to it'

What not quite full titles have we won? Regional war leagues? They weren't even national divisions.

Do you think if the standings are kept and they don't get the title, they still won't count it?

2 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

We handed them the first several anyway by practically begging to go to the third division in 2012.

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

He actually wants them to get the title 🤮🤮🤮

That's what it sounds like and what I can't get my head around.

I'm not going to start insulting him but fuck me, imagine coming into a Rangers forum with that stuff. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

What not quite full titles have we won? Regional war leagues? They weren't even national divisions.

Do you think if the standings are kept and they don't get the title, they still won't count it?

Ffs they can’t count it if they don’t get it 😂😂😂

Just now, The Dude said:

If it wasn't official it wouldn't matter if they and you counted it.

Just now, DW1872 said:

That's what it sounds like and what I can't get my head around.

I'm not going to start insulting him but fuck me, imagine coming into a Rangers forum with that stuff. 

Not sounds like mate.

He was asked earlier if he had the power to decide himself, would he give them the title and he said yes 🤮

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They should not count; inequality of number of matches played, still two OF matches which 4 if the last 6 we hav outplayed them, matches against other teams they have dropped points. Too right they should not be champions.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We handed them the first several anyway by practically begging to go to the third division in 2012.

We were being voted into extinction by some , so dont start that pish, we voted as fans because it was the only acceptable option to us without being free loaded back into top tier or second tier football.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Ffs they can’t count it if they don’t get it 😂😂😂

No? Juve still count ones they were stripped of.

Would you put it past celtic to count it if the standings are kept? Or do you think they'll take a noble stance and admit that they didnt win it

Archived