Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

46 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Of course mate but pre coronavirus you’d struggle to find a single person who thought we could still win it on the park. 

If they are awarded it without winning it, the game is gone & it’ll be forever a tainted title/asterisk required. 

Tbh I am an optimist I still thought we could win it 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

It's not that. If you allow him to spread his deranged bile it could become the narrative. Look at celtic over the last 20 years. 

He gets bears arguing with each other over him mate with his constant rebuttals .  Good bears fall out over him and that's the saddest thing i see 

Just now, dummiesoot said:

Even when we say it's all over . I don't think there is a diehard fan of any club, truly accepts that , until it's mathematically impossible . It's why we all love football 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

I was on here giving it “we have fucking blown this” pure raging but when I had calmed down I’m thinking “right win the game in hand and beat them twice, that’s 4 points behind with 6 other games. We can still do this”.

Thats the reality of the situation no matter what anyone says. 👍

2 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

What a fucking shite idea. Even if we got to play st johnstone we still have 2 games against them lol. You cant give someone an advantage for a completely new season.

If you cant play a season out it has to be null and void lol. What is so complex with that. It's simple.

Nothing complex about it at all, as I agree with you. This should be the solution, but it’s not going to be.

my point about what I said is what I deem to be the next best thing for a fairer solution. Because what is going to be voted on is not fair for 2 teams in the league but will suit the 9 other teams.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Aberdeen have joined Rangers & Hearts confirming they will vote against the proposal. Needs one more, likely to be Hibs. 

Edit: Championship need one more and it will fail there as Thistle & Dundee are voting against it

Were are you seeing this Aberdeen thing mate?

29 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Point is,until it is mathematically impossible on the park, then leagues should not be handed out off it.

I agree.

I'm glad Rangers are countering. I just think the end result is known, the spfl will get this implemented to hand the scum the title one way or another, we just dont want to accept it yet.

Season ends

Positions stand

Prize monies given out for positions

Euro places for positions

No Champion

No relegation

No promotion

Move on and prepare for the start of a new season whenever that may be.

Will everyone be happy? Nope.

Will it be fair on everyone? Yes.

So why can’t this happen? 

It is looking more and more likely they are getting handed the title. I see Dempster now saying SPFL should challenge the UEFA ruling regarding CL and EL entry next season. Hibs are obviously happy with awarding celtic title, as are Aberdeen, probably Motherwell as they finish in a EL place. The mid table teams not really affected and near the bottom they will all vote for it (except Hearts) to avoid the bullet of potential relegation.  I appreciate the vote is over all leagues but the premier clubs will drive the debate. 

EDIT I see EBL above saying Sheep are with us. That is a U-turn from statements by new owner and Mcinnes last week. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Reading this morning this might have no chance of passing so I can't fucking wait to see that fall out 

Hopefully mate. 

I don't think the Diddy teams up here are as desperate as most think, or want to think, including the SFA. 

Most have had their big paydays this season(us and them a few times this season), and most will probably budget for a season without us and them, and for a year at least in the Championship (maybe with the exception of Aberdeen). 

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

Hopefully mate. 

I don't think the Diddy teams up here are as desperate as most think, or want to think, including the SFA. 

Most have had their big paydays this season(us and them a few times this season), and most will probably budget for a season without us and them, and for a year at least in the Championship (maybe with the exception of Aberdeen). 

3 championship clubs are 100% against their proposal. 

Just think utd may well have went on to win the league but what about the 3 teams in the play offs. They're a maximum of 3 ties away from the top league, why the fuck would you kibosh that for a few hundred grand? 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

3 championship clubs are 100% against their proposal. 

Just think utd may well have went on to win the league but what about the 3 teams in the play offs. They're a maximum of 3 ties away from the top league, why the fuck would you kibosh that for a few hundred grand? 

Arbroath, Dunfermline and Morton? I think are all right behind Ayr as well and have a decent chance at the play offs

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Happy if it fails, just not convinced it changes anything materially, just extending it. 

Watching the fall out will be fun though 

Yeah i do believe they will have a back up plan or plan B . That is true 

Archived