Sign in to follow this  
SeparateEntityMyArse

Spfl want Points Per Game to decide leagues

7 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Just watched Stv, looks  like UEFA will not allow the tims to steal another title to the point that if they try and ratify this Scottish clubs will be banned from European Competition. 

WTF

Oh yeah .Uefa better have the balls to tell them to sit to fuck down and shut up 

29 minutes ago, beararse said:

A 9th title, should it arrive without concluding the season, would be an unquestionably hollow fucking achievement would it not?

Oh they’ll celebrate it alright. It’s not about the sport for them. They won’t be happy until they’re being presented with the trophy before the first game of each season is played. 

Everyone else should simply laugh at the mention of any 9* in a row. 

Just when you think it can’t get any more tainted, they invent ways.  

BillyG91 and kelvd1873 like this

13 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

I wish we could leave it.

As the really big  European clubs look to breakaway and they will,clubs like Rangers wth a good pedigree and massive support will be approached about paticipating in other league formats far more lucrative and inviting than what we have at the moment.It is only a matter of time before we leave the Scottish domestic set up behind.Some  prominent English Champioship clubs,recognise that their current set up in terms of attracting Media money is not providing the kind of return they want.An invitation to a British Super league does not seem a pipe dream to me,not at all.National Associations  will only be involved at lower levels as the big clubs will out muscle them.It is the direction of flow and ironically this corona virus could be the spur to move it on up the agenda,

LiverpoolBlue likes this

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Oh yeah .Uefa better have the balls to tell them to sit to fuck down and shut up 

They wont allow them to finish the season early, Also seems like we might get a bit of back up from Thistle and other clubs with some balls, this would only benefit the tarriers, Also to withold prize money from smaller clubs is blackmail and should be called out for what it is. 

LiverpoolBlue likes this

5 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

As the really big  European clubs look to breakaway and they will,clubs like Rangers wth a good pedigree and massive support well be approched about paticipating in other league formats.It is only a matter of time before we leave the Scottish domestic set up behind.Some  prominent English Champioship clubs,recognise that their current set up in terms of attracting Media money is not providing the kind of return they want.An invitation to a British Super league does not seem a pipe dream to me,not at all.

Maybe in the 90s doc but you have to admit we are an SPFL level team 

ForeverAndEver likes this

2 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

League one is as tight as a badgers arse so couple teams there might no be voting for this

League 1 Raith Rovers lead Falkirk by 1 point, the last game of the season is supposed to have Falkirk at home to them,  I can't see Falkirk voting for this, but on another matter altogether, I have several ante post bets on Raith Rovers and wonder if the bookies will settle on this if it does end this week?

15 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Maybe in the 90s doc but you have to admit we are an SPFL level team 

We could hold our own against top championship Sides and mid table EPl teams.We would attract  considerable inward investment in such a set up and get better players in .

I believe we are beginning to see the beginning of the end of the all powerful hold of National Associations.They do not fit in the new economic model for  new competitive markets which will be driven by media giants.

LiverpoolBlue likes this

Fuck sake have we forgot how we've been playing this season? Holding our own against English teams...fuck off. 

If we do leave Scotland we're fucked. Would be lucky to get into the premiership in England nevermind win it. Forget about ever winning another premiership title again. Be careful what you wish for.

Plus we're Scottish not English. Why should we run away ... Should be fighting these cunts up here.

2 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

Fuck sake have we forgot how we've been playing this season? Holding our own against English teams...fuck off. 

If we do leave Scotland we're fucked. Would be lucky to get into the premiership in England nevermind win it. Forgot about ever winning another premiership title again.

We would generate far more money down there. Rangers are a huge club and would get even bigger. We would reach the Prem and take it from there. Fuck sake Leicester won the thing.

34 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

League 1 Raith Rovers lead Falkirk by 1 point, the last game of the season is supposed to have Falkirk at home to them,  I can't see Falkirk voting for this, but on another matter altogether, I have several ante post bets on Raith Rovers and wonder if the bookies will settle on this if it does end this week?

Think they will have to mate if Raith are given it

9 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Think they will have to mate if Raith are given it

Bookies won't honour this, not a chance 

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

We would generate far more money down there. Rangers are a huge club and would get even bigger. We would reach the Prem and take it from there. Fuck sake Leicester won the thing.

Arsenal haven’t won it in 16 years. We’re as big as them. Man United the biggest in the country haven’t been close in 7 years. Plus we wouldn’t automatically get there

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Arsenal haven’t won it in 16 years. We’re as big as them. Man United the biggest in the country haven’t been close in 7 years. Plus we wouldn’t automatically get there

None of that means we will or won’t win it. I was replying to a guy that said we won’t ever win it 👍

I know we wouldn’t automatically get there but I reckon we would a few years down the line 👍

doc holliday likes this

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Is that not what you are doing every day . Ya roaster

Not particularly, no. I'm not keeping tabs on what they're doing. 

I find it mind-boggling that people  dismiss the idea of  taking a collective stand against attending away matches as an absolute impossibility, but being admitted into the English football league is somehow achievable.

Fuck me...

tannerall likes this

If and it's a big if the clubs look like voting for the cash now scenario, we need to rm it home to them they'll miss at least 2 OF gate receipts.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

Playing Devils advocate....

In an ideal world, we play out the season, overturn the 10/13 point deficit and are crowned champions. 
In reality, we will almost certainly finish 2nd.

So would  you want celtic to claim 9IAR over the remaining season with games played whenever OR would you prefer them to forever tarnish their 2nd 9IAR legacy given the 9th SPFL title was awarded with only 75% of games played, and having only played Rangers twice?

Its already a tainted 9IAR given we weren’t even in the league for 4 years.

A 9th title, should it arrive without concluding the season, would be an unquestionably hollow fucking achievement would it not?

It should be declared null and void it's the only solution due to all this going on but if they  cant see sense to do that then the season should be played out when this shit is over. Listen  they have bottled it several times before at this stage of the season. 2 games against them with a game in hand. Nothings won or lost yet.

NO SURRENDER

I think a lot of clubs forget the amount of money our club pumps into their coffers , when we were coming up the leagues how many of the wee teams benefited from the blue pound , kept some of them alive .  

As a club we have done a lot for Scotland , a lot more than Scotland has done for us . 

I think this is the last straw and the quicker we join the English leagues the better if Swansea and Cardiff can do it why can't we ? 

No matter how the Scottish league decides to contrive for cellic to have the league title, the rule they use/invent would almost certainly have seen us awarded the title if coronavirus had come along 3 or more months earlier. 

6 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

I think a lot of clubs forget the amount of money our club pumps into their coffers , when we were coming up the leagues how many of the wee teams benefited from the blue pound , kept some of them alive .  

As a club we have done a lot for Scotland , a lot more than Scotland has done for us . 

I think this is the last straw and the quicker we join the English leagues the better if Swansea and Cardiff can do it why can't we ? 

Scotland has a national league of which we are a member. Wales didn't until 1992. 70 years after Cardiff and Swansea joined the English leagues.

tannerall likes this

How any title can be given out on an unfair imbalance of fixtures is beyond me. 

Lets go back to the placings when we had all played each other home and away once each. 

If a title is going to be handed out at least make it a fair scenario. 👍

pollok-bear likes this

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

How any title can be given out on an unfair imbalance of fixtures is beyond me. 

Lets go back to the placings when we had all played each other home and away once each. 

If a title is going to be handed out at least make it a fair scenario. 👍

That's why they are using points per game.