Club statement | Members resolution proposal

OceanRain

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Will get the support of Hearts, Patrick and Stranraer but probably no one else. 

Falkirk, probably the bottom team of league 2, possibly Airdrie/Montrose, Arbroath/Dunfermline/Morton could as well with their chances of the playoffs.

No chance we're getting the votes required.

Phone calls and meetings with all the "undecided" clubs will have happened long before the SPFL statement was released.

Corrupt cunts will leave nothing to chance.

If we were to say that teams should be awarded an equal share of the prize money, to be awarded now so as to ensure teams make it through these difficult times , I'm sure we would secure the votes needed.

Also by default follows there is no need to award the title to anyone 

Articles of association

The whole of the Net Commercial Revenues referable to any one Season shall, subject to Article 153.3 (this is the table of payments starting position 1  at 13.4% to position 42 at 0.18% share) be paid as fee payments to the Clubs participating in the League during the relevant Season in accordance with their respective League positions, determined in accordance with the Rules, as set out in Table A in Article 153.2.

Nothing that I can see states the payout has to be based on final league positions with leagues concluded for payments to be made.

Payments could be made on current league positions with the clubs making decisions on ending the league, titles, promotions etc entirely independent of the payout issue 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Articles of association

The whole of the Net Commercial Revenues referable to any one Season shall, subject to Article 153.3 (this is the table of payments starting position 1  at 13.4% to position 42 at 0.18% share) be paid as fee payments to the Clubs participating in the League during the relevant Season in accordance with their respective League positions, determined in accordance with the Rules, as set out in Table A in Article 153.2.

Nothing that I can see states the payout has to be based on final league positions with leagues concluded for payments to be made.

Payments could be made on current league positions with the clubs making decisions on ending the league, titles, promotions etc entirely independent of the payout issue 

Is that including prize money

6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Is that including prize money

Ywah, seems to be including everything payable less the Spfl's deductions.

Net Commercial Revenues means the Commercial Revenues referable to any one Season after any and all deductions, provisions and/or allowances shall have been made, provided and/or allowed for by the Board in accordance with Article 152

2 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Not sure if I'm reading that wrongly, but how can you give out prize money if we're saying the leagues not won until all 38 games are concluded? 

640C0FEA-A373-4C10-A48D-97120B658A8B.thumb.jpeg.46a0ab6fba012ae33d4f77ec83a51116.jpeg

You could release £1,125,000 to all clubs now and then worry about the rest later.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ywah, seems to be including everything payable less the Spfl's deductions.

Net Commercial Revenues means the Commercial Revenues referable to any one Season after any and all deductions, provisions and/or allowances shall have been made, provided and/or allowed for by the Board in accordance with Article 152

For me that appears to be just as a participant. Surely they have terms regarding league placement for end of season prizes?

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Articles of association

League position "determined in accordance with the rules" would likely see that mean at the end of the season as that is the point when league positions are determined. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I’m sure @The Dude has said they’ve already been given the payouts or maybe it was only the leagues below 

Payouts have been made across the board. Not the full amounts due based on final positions but us, celtic and Motherwell were all paid a few weeks ago on the basis of reaching the top six while the other nine clubs were all paod on the basis of being in the bottom six. 

Those amounts above are the full total payment for last season that clubs will have received. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

League position "determined in accordance with the rules" would likely see that mean at the end of the season as that is the point when league positions are determined. 

If it was as easy as that I can assure you this vote wouldn’t be happening and the winner would already be declared. The rules work against them using that rule to determine league positions for monetary or champion status. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

If it was as easy as that I can assure you this vote wouldn’t be happening and the winner would already be declared. The rules work against them using that rule to determine league positions for monetary or champion status. 

They've already made payouts based on this seasons league positions. 

57 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Everyone choking on prize money.  SPFLs foot is firmly on the clubs heads.

Just what I was going to post.

This will be voted for. They need to tell their banks they are getting money ASAP

23 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

640C0FEA-A373-4C10-A48D-97120B658A8B.thumb.jpeg.46a0ab6fba012ae33d4f77ec83a51116.jpeg

You could release £1,125,000 to all clubs now and then worry about the rest later.

Or divide the prize money by 12 and give all teams an equal share considering the financial hardship that has come.  This would be in the best interests of Scottish football.  I don’t think Rangers said this much but their statement did lean towards helping the smaller clubs.

Archived