VIP member email - Bar72

j1mgg

Package Content: • Welcome drink on arrival (Wine, Beer or soft-drink) – open 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
• Sandy Jardine Stand match seating
• Half time Pie
• Matchday programme
• Post-match cash bar (2 hours)
Valid for: All Scottish Premiership, League Cup, Scottish Cup, European and Friendly matches played at Ibrox Stadium under the 
auspices of the Club in which the Club’s first football team participates.
Additional 
Places:
Category A (celtic, Hibernian, Heart of Midlothian, Aberdeen) full Premiership price list 
Category B (all other fixtures) 10% seasonal discount will be applied to full Premiership price list

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. Payment - Closing date for applications, Monday 15 June 2020.
Payment Option Terms Please select ()
Profile A Full invoice value by Friday 29 May 2020 (subject to 5% discount) 
Profile B 50% of full invoice value upon receipt of invoice, with the balance due by 31 October 2020
Profile C Direct Debit – 25% upon receipt of invoice, followed by 6 monthly installments. Hospitality to 
be paid in full by 31 December 2020. Subject to £25 plus VAT admin fee

So if true,  I guess they've decided there's enough people that will pay for something more premium and nearer hospitality in feel? Maybe feel those seats have been undervalued in the past?

Tough one to take if you sit there. No doubt the club are scraping about for as much cash as they can get at times like these, but so will many of the fans be.

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

People who have Bar 72 tickets. I've spoke to 3/4 of them there who have confirmed it and there's another 2/3 who it came as a surprise to.

Seems Rangers in all their wisdom have probably sent emails out to some folk, but not others. 

I’m a bar 72 ticket holder and although renewals are open they have not opened online yet.  
so I’m filing this under shite until the club confirm the price for next season. 

Just now, Inigo said:

So ugly true,  I guess they've decided there's enough people that will pay for something more premium and nearer hospitality in feel? Maybe feel those seats have been undervalued in the past?

Tough one to take if you sit there. No doubt the club are scraping about for as much cash as they can get at times like these, but so will many of the fans be.

In the clubs defence (as much as I find a £400 price increase abhorrent) there is a waiting list for Bar72 the season tickets are very much in demand.

I just hope they don't make a cunt of it with this and the membership scheme. Our fans are notoriously loyal but sometimes that only goes so far and things change. It's a fine line when it gets to this point.

Especially as it's another season of domestic failure with a lot more money wasted yet again that the fans are now subsiding for poor decision making from others at the club.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

I’m a bar 72 ticket holder and although renewals are open they have not opened online yet.  
so I’m filing this under shite until the club confirm the price for next season. 

Just because the club haven't sent you an email yet doesn't mean it's shite ya precious bastard. Everyone all around you are telling you what's happening :lol: 

1 minute ago, OceanRain said:

Aye, but 5% off if you pay in full.

:craphead:

Silver cloud and all that.

They probably are hoping that people don't renew, and the. They could probably sell them on a game to game basis, hospitality packages, which due to the demand, will work.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You will get an email soon, just the same as away day allocation, there is a delay between people getting them.

I have one, a friend has one, my missus hasn't got her yet.

My mate says the t&cs are a bit of a laugh as well, just cobbled together. Not something I would make sense of.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Just because the club haven't sent you an email yet doesn't mean it's shite ya precious bastard. Everyone all around you are telling you what's happening :lol: 

I have the email. There appears to be no other information other than the VIP bit posted earlier.  
calm down dear I’m only enquiring you don’t need to wet you pants

😂

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Silver cloud and all that.

They probably are hoping that people don't renew, and the. They could probably sell them on a game to game basis, hospitality packages, which due to the demand, will work.

The waiting list is enormous. They'll shift these no problem, I'd imagine. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

another poster has literally copied & pasted the entire email in this thread so it looks very much legit

I have the email. There appears to be no other information other than the VIP bit posted earlier.  

😂

I'm not wetting my pants but you've been told a couple of times now the information will come as a lot of people already have this info but sometimes Rangers send the emails out at different times and there's gaps between people getting them.

Give it an hour and you can join in the ranting when the penny drops.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

You will get an email soon, just the same as away day allocation, there is a delay between people getting them.

I have one, a friend has one, my missus hasn't got her yet.

My mate says the t&cs are a bit of a laugh as well, just cobbled together. Not something I would make sense of.

Ok

but I have the email with nothing on it after the black VIP invite to renew??   

I’ll wait then 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

In the clubs defence (as much as I find a £400 price increase abhorrent) there is a waiting list for Bar72 the season tickets are very much in demand.

I just hope they don't make a cunt of it with this and the membership scheme. Our fans are notoriously loyal but sometimes that only goes so far and things change. It's a fine line when it gets to this point.

Especially as it's another season of domestic failure with a lot more money wasted yet again that the fans are now subsiding for poor decision making from others at the club.

Yes, agree with that. Re bottom paragraph though, that's the lot of a football fan, I'm afraid. You don't pay based on a successful previous season, you pay, within reason, for what you need to do to achieve one next season, and jope that it's spent well. Thus it has always been.

Until we have a bigger TV and sponsorship platform, we'll often be asked to push the boat out and for us it'll always be a balance between what we can afford and funding the club as much as we can for it to be successful.

😂

Calling someone a lying cunt isn't quite the same as enquiring.

Ok

but I have the email with nothing on it after the black VIP invite to renew??   

I’ll wait then 

Scroll to the bottom, you should have two pdfs attached. One t&C's, and one for payment.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yes, agree with that. Re bottom paragraph though, that's the lot of a football fan, I'm afraid. You don't pay based on a successful previous season, you pay, within reason, for what you need to do to achieve one next season, and jope that it's spent well. Thus it has always been.

Until we have a bigger TV and sponsorship platform, we'll often be asked to push the boat out and for us it'll always be a balance between what we can afford and funding the club as much as we can for it to be successful.

I do get that, but maybe they should be mindful though and show consideration and common sense. Just a thought.

Another thing I will say, though, is that prices do go up. On everything in life. Season tickets aren't exempt from that. We can't keep expecting directors to top up cash flow and not pay our way too - but this is different to the generic £20 or so the season tickets generally go up by each season. 

Club are probably looking at two years worth of Euro games extra and thinking of the revenue they can make. But if we got knocked out by a Progres again it’s a bloody steep ticket for that increase.

The other thing they have to consider is if they are upping the service level and people don’t want to renew for that price they should be giving them first dibs on season tickets before anyone on the supposed waiting list.

For comparison if anyone’s interested I got offered a similar seat to Bar72 at Arsenal for this season and it was minimum price of £2995 for the corner! 

23 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

40%

Uhu, and? It's a general point. I've already implied it's a steep ask. Which is why I put 'within reason' in there, to highlight that that said, I'm not necessarily agreeing with the level of the hike.

Archived