Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bornabear said:

Only for tonight mate.

I can be serious when needed, I believe there is also a time for jocularity.

If I get something wrong, I'll hold my hand up.    I can give it and I expect to take it.   Life is short, too much seriousness will shorten it even further.

Thus is the outlook of the average oik.

:tu:

Wise man once said to me ..... "As long as you don't take yourself too seriously ..... you'll be able to handle the serious things in life .... when it matters most".

🇬🇧

Was a bit late to the party but listened to Heart and Hand earlier,we’ll worth listening into ,Especially the part where DE explains what his corporate law mate thinks 

Anything above 30pc looks good ,very damaging for a normal members owned company and should lead to an overall victory,even though it will take time but at least we are on the right course 

Also compared this time to when the tarriers managed to get rid of Donald Findlay as that was a key point in them gaining control 

Ps has anybody got pics of Marina ,her voice has always got me curious to see if she is as tasty as her voice suggests ,hopefully not a case of ,nice on the phone add 5 stone lol 

So, I see the DR are firing one last shot before the vote.

Saying that ICT’s Gardiner is the only bully and that he wanted to null and void the season. (And is therefore a pure ‘H**’ Etc etc)

They have the temerity to say on the banner headline that his plan would ‘strip celtic of their title’.  Shit. When were the filth awarded the title? 
They also call the article ‘explosive’, you know like they said our dossier had to be to be credible.

They have absolutely no shame at all.

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

So, I see the DR and Keech Jackson are firing one last shot before the vote.

Saying that ICT’s Gardiner is the only bully and that he wanted to null and void the season. (And is therefore a pure ‘H**’ Etc etc)

They have the temerity to say on the banner headline that his plan would ‘strip celtic of their title’.  Shit. When were the filth awarded the title? 
They also call the article ‘explosive’, you know like they said our dossier had to be to be credible.

They have absolutely no shame at all.

This is what Gardiner/Inverness said in their statement yesterday. Totally contradicts Jackson's article. Doesn't sound like they wanted n&v.

"To be absolutely clear, since the shutdown on Friday 13th of March by the SFA, the BOD and Management of ICTFC has had and still have no issue with the clubs in 1st place of each division being awarded the league title if there is no possibility of winning those titles on the field of play, none whatsoever."

Here is the DR and Keech article to save people going to that site

The secret Inverness plan to null and void SPFL season as Scottish football civil war takes explosive new twist

The bombshell plan would have cost Caley £175,000.

Scottish football’s raging civil war has taken an explosive twist after a group of Championship clubs confirmed Inverness Caley Thistle attempted to ‘null and void’ the entire league season across all four divisions.

The Highlanders were caught up in the eye of a storm on Good Friday when they chose to vote against the SPFL’s controversial proposal to end the current campaign and declare the biggest winners and losers on a points per game ratio.

Chief executive Scot Gardiner later launched a furious attack on Dundee for flip-flopping on the crucial casting vote which would have sunk the emergency plan.

Now Record Sport has learned in the build-up to that vote Gardiner had informed other Championship clubs he had drawn up a counter proposal which he intended to table had the Dens Park stuck to their guns and brought the SPFL’s survival plan crashing down.

And we understand that plan would have seen the season null and voided, preventing relegation for Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer while also potentially stopping celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers from being crowned champions of their respective divisions.

One Championship club told us: “Scot’s proposal was to effectively null and void all four divisions. When you consider the catastrophic financial ramifications for all clubs it was hard for anyone to understand his motivation. Even now it’s still impossible to figure out what Inverness Caley Thistle thought they would gain from doing that.”

Details of Gardiner’s plan only emerged as a group of Championship clubs threw their weight behind a statement from Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur - in which he mentions for the first time a proposal to have the Scottish season wiped from the record books.

On Sunday Gardiner accused McArthur – an SPFL board member – of attempting to bully him into backing the league’s emergency measures. Gardiner also declared he will be backing Rangers’ calls for an independent inquiry to be fronted up by a QC into the league’s governing body at Tuesday’s extraordinary general meeting of all 42 clubs.

Gardiner previously voted along with Rangers, Hearts and Partick Thistle against the original SPFL resolution.

But McArthur hit back when he released a statement of his own on Dunfermline’s official website, rejecting Gardiner’s claims and giving details of a counter proposal to null and void the league.

Record Sport has received confirmation from five other Championship clubs - Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Morton and Queen of the South - that they ‘fully endorse and support’ McArthur’s version of events.

He said: “Since the SPFL director’s resolution was first issued, a number of clubs in the Championship would confirm it is the behaviour of Inverness that has continually been aggressive and confrontational.

“However, no one felt it necessary to win points in public, as robust conversations take place in the normal course of a competitive business like football.

“Turning to the 'allegation' regarding the information that was conveyed by me to Inverness FC, on Friday 10th April 2020.

“As confirmed by their own leaked WhatsApp message group, I clearly did so as Dunfermline Athletic FC chairman and NOT as an SPFL board member (as was expressly agreed and verified, before the call with other Championship clubs).

“It most certainly wasn’t a threat, simply a potential consequence of their action not to back the SPFL resolution currently put in front of them, in favour of a counter resolution which was being mooted at that time.

This resolution would effectively have the same consequence as a 'null and void' conclusion to the league season, but the SPFL central distribution monies would still be provided to clubs on their current standing.”

It’s understood McArthur then explained to Gardiner that, as a consequence of null and void, prize money could not be distributed on the basis of league standings in a competition which never technically took place.

Instead, all prize money would have to be split equally 10 ways among all Championship clubs.

And that would have seen ICT’s slice slashed from £475,000 for finishing in second place to a sum of just over £300,000.

McArthur’s statement concludes: “The communication to the chairman of Inverness, on Friday 10th April was that any vote in favour of an alternative resolution like this, should the existing one fail, may be entirely dependent on all clubs in the SPFL Championship obtaining an equal (“one tenth”) of the attributable distribution pot for the Championship.

“There are many more things I would like to say, but I will retain my dignity and continue to be more concerned about the long term future of Scottish football at this time.

“The endless point scoring is becoming tiresome, and I would have preferred to rise above it, but I have a duty to protect the reputation of Dunfermline Athletic FC.”

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Morton and Queen of the South All backing McArthur 

Should be no problem voting yes for an ii to vindicate him then.

Ha ha Aye right, you can bet every one of them will vote no 

fenian bastards 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Morton and Queen of the South All backing McArthur 

Should be no problem voting yes for an ii to vindicate him then.

Ha ha Aye right, you can bet every one of them will vote no 

fenian bastards 

It's just one massive clusterfuck that runs so deep in all angles.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

I know ,he came across as quite intelligent which was a surprise ,

Can remember him as a player coming through their ranks ,I know looks can be deceiving but he didn’t look the full shilling 😀

He’s a lawyer afaik. 

11 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

REVEALED:  SPFL's new technology for considering proposals and votes in Lawwell's favour....

blaudrup.thumb.gif.d4849ab5dd86c3df300e5386dd49f19c.gif

Deflect and bin tactics as per usual ..... their preferred method of approaching anything.

🇬🇧

This is how I think the vote will pan out

Scottish Premiership

YES: Rangers,Heart of Midlothian,Aberdeen,StJohnstone,Livingston
NO: celtic,Hamilton Academical,Kilmarnock,St Mirren,Motherwell,Hibernian

Scottish Championship
YES: Inverness Caledonian Thistle,PartickThistle, (Arbroath,Ayr United,Greenock Morton,Queen of the South) 
NO: Dundee,Dundee United,Dunfermline Athletic,Alloa Athletic

Scottish League One
YES: Falkirk, (Dumbarton,Clyde,EastFife,Stranraer,(Airdrieonians,Forfar Athletic,Peterhead)
NO: Montrose,Raith Rovers

Scottish League Two

YES: Edinburgh City, (Stirling Albion,Albion Rovers,Annan Athletic,Cove Rangers,Cowdenbeath,Elgin City,Queen's Park,Stenhousemuir)
NO: Brechin City

Voteless
YES: Kelty and Brora

26 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

This is how I think the vote will pan out

Scottish Premiership

YES: Rangers,Heart of Midlothian,Aberdeen,Hibernian,Livingston,StJohnstone
NO: celtic,Hamilton Academical,Kilmarnock,St Mirren,Motherwell,RossCounty

Scottish Championship
YES: Inverness Caledonian Thistle,PartickThistle,(Alloa Athletic,Arbroath,Ayr United,Greenock Morton,Queen of the South) 
NO: Dundee,Dundee United,Dunfermline Athletic

Scottish League One
YES: Falkirk,Dumbarton,Clyde,EastFife,Stranraer,Airdrieonians,Forfar Athletic,Peterhead,Raith Rovers
NO: Montrose

Scottish League Two

YES: Edinburgh City Stirling Albion,(Albion Rovers,Annan Athletic,Cove Rangers,Cowdenbeath,Elgin City,Queen's Park,Stenhousemuir)
NO: Brechin City

Voteless
YES: Kelty and Brora

That's 31 (YES) to 11 (NO) for an independent investigation.

Hopefully that happens - many are hoping for a 30-40% (around 13-17 YES votes) which would be construed as a vote of 'No Confidence' in the SPFL.

3 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Scottish football fighting a ‘civil war’ but the governing body refuse to have a independent investigation to clear the air. 

Baffling doesn’t cover it.  

The 'civil war' bit is sloganeering from the DR to make it sound like anarchy. Yes the SPFL leadership is a shambles but why can't they just say that 'Scottish clubs are exercising their rights as members, into the governance of the SPFL'?

9 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

That's 31 (YES) to 11 (NO) for an independent investigation.

Hopefully that happens - many are hoping for a 30-40% (around 13-17 YES votes) which would be construed as a vote of 'No Confidence' in the SPFL.

I hope so too. I can't see anyone from the championship and league 1 & 2 objecting to an independent investigation other than those who have been bullying. I feel the main area will be in the premiership as any wrong doing will effect that area the most, with those voting no being the ones who benefit the most. 

Edit: I know the lower leagues don't get a vote but I'd quite like to hear their opinions after the carve up of their pyramid.

Glasgow Times

By James Cairney

---------------------

Partick Thistle's Gerry Britton on SPFL vote

PARTICK Thistle chief executive Gerry Britton has insisted that certain Championship clubs “felt threatened” during the vote to bring the lower league campaign to a premature end – but said the Jags are not one of them. Inverness released a statement on Sunday where the Highland side said that bullying did take place over the resolution to end the season and while Britton was careful not to accuse anyone of coercion, the Firhill chief says that teams were left with no option but to vote in favour of the proposal after being strong-armed by others.“You have to be really careful about the wording of it,” Britton said. “I know bullying and coercion has been bandied about but I would say I’m definitely party to the fact that clubs felt threatened with the Championship. “They felt they had been led down an alley and there was only one option put in place. You are looking at clubs that are cash-strapped and desperate and looking at this potential abyss. “They are provided with the prospect of being able to bring in much-needed funds but within a proposal that was two-fold. That was the problem right from the outset.

That set in motion a chain of events that created this division. I have no gripe with any club that voted to bring in much-needed revenue at this time. It would be a very brave man to say they would do otherwise. “But the issue is intertwined in that vote was the prospect of relegation for teams that were unwarranted. That’s where the self-interest and division kicked in. That was the root of it. “We were never bullied, threatened or coerced. They maybe realised the way we were going to vote would be pretty straightforward. But for clubs that were more unsure, there were definitely those threats made. “The threats I’m aware of came from a member of the SPFL board to a fellow Championship club. I’m not party to the exact wording but I’ve no reason to doubt it did happen in the way it has been portrayed.”

Britton says that he was left frustrated by the manner in which the voting process took place, arguing that clubs were given insufficient time to consider and debate the SPFL’s resolution to conclude the season and thus release much-needed prize funds. The Thistle chief executive said that clubs were given just 20 minutes to discuss “the most farcical reading of a detailed resolution” he has ever experienced – and reckons that legally, Dundee’s initial ‘no’ vote should have resulted in a defeat for the proposal. “We received the 29-page proposal in the meeting, so we had around 20 minutes to debate it with the executive,” he said. “Is there any voting situation where you come out and give the result before all the votes are cast?

“In company law, once a vote has been communicated electronically it has been cast. So legally the resolution should have failed. It could have been run again but surely if you look at that, you think that isn’t the best way to do things. “My issue was with the process. The way that the SPFL board put in line this chain of events that led to the proposal and that is why I feel that there should be an independent inquiry. I think that Neil [Doncaster] and the other board members have to have a look at the way they have behaved and their actions throughout this process. “I appreciate it’s a very tough job but logistically and where we’ve got to, unfortunately a lot of that sits at the feet of the executive and the board, and the decisions and the practices that they put in place.”

In their statement on Sunday, Inverness said that they felt the creation of a reconstruction group was doomed to fail from the outset and that some teams felt “deceived” by the prospect of change being implemented. Britton concurred that negotiating a successful outcome would have always been difficult in practice but said that he always hoped that clubs would have acted to ensure that no team was left worse off than they were going into the crisis. And the 49-year-old still holds out hope that reconstruction will be raised again before the 2020/21 season begins. “We were realistic,” he said. “We knew that it was going to be a really, really hard task to get through, particularly if you’re altering distribution models.

“I can see the arguments and I knew it was going to be a big ask to get it through but you are forever hopeful and optimistic that ethos of nobody being worse off would have prevailed, but unfortunately it hasn’t seemed to at this stage. “I genuinely feel that there are a lot of clubs that feel that reconstruction should be on the agenda but it is just the timing. Nobody has got a crystal ball but it may well be that by the time we get our game back up and running to any semblance that it is revisited. But I think a lot of clubs feel there is too many differentials to consider just now. “The only thing we have right now is time. We can be creative or innovative. We have no league sponsor for next season, so we have a chance to be innovative and the world is our oyster. We had a big issue to deal with, we should have dealt with that and in tandem we should have looked at potential options to look towards when we get through this.” https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18441668.britton-legally-spfl-vote-failed---threats-made-clubs/

Archived