Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

No doubt the quills are at the ready to make us so.

However, the club should already have their contingency plan in place should we be defeated.

It will either be taking it further, which we should, or we fold.

If the latter, we are in for a torrid time both on and off the park.

Whilst we may lose, If we have garnered significant support, it could spook the powers that be, to remove a head or two to try and quell division and unrest, so that would be a victory in itself.

Liewell is the beast master over both the SPFL and the SFA and until he goes, the game is held hostage to his influence. 

Good post mate, totally as I see it.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect us to have two prepared statements,  one covering if the resolution is passed, one covering failure of the resolution which may require tweaking should the vote  be close

16 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Post of the day ! (others will disagree)

Very early on for that accolade ,but a leading contender 

who knows what the days has ahead ,you never know Dundee could even vote for it afterall ,what do they have to lose 😳😂

8 minutes ago, djbroxybear said:

There could be a pleasant surprise today, if clubs want clarity and the chance for change within the Governance Administration running of the SPFL nows their chance to vote for the independent investigation. 

Would caveat that with the  fact that it is Scotland we're talking about, and Scottish football in particular.

We have been, and still are, in a bad place over the last few year given the vicious press campaign against us,

anything other than 12 or 13 is a good return IMO

Just now, dummiesoot said:

I expect us to have two prepared statements,  one covering if the resolution is passed, one covering failure of the resolution which may require tweaking should the vote  be close

I don't know if I should post this in here, and I can't reveal my source, but I have it on good authority the statement if the resolution is passed is;

Get it right fucking up you, ya bunch of corrupt lying cunts!

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

However, the club should already have their contingency plan in place should we be defeated.

Whilst we may lose, If we have garnered significant support, it could spook the powers that be, to remove a head or two to try and quell division and unrest, so that would be a victory in itself.

Liewell is the beast master over both the SPFL and the SFA and until he goes, the game is held hostage to his influence. 

I agree with your post. However, unless Rangers are very stupid, which they are not, they will have the next steps planned out. I don’t think for a minute they expect to win the vote. I’m certain they always knew it would go legal eventually but there are protocols and procedures to go through.

On a positive note I think we may be pleasantly surprised

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Really dont see the need to pen the 1st one. It wont be close, and the Premier League alone will veto it.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Alloa have a representative on the SPFL board so they will absolutely vote against. Further, Mike Mulraney, their Chairman sits on the SFA board and is as bitter as they come. He despises us and continually does Lawwell’s bidding. He was mentioned in the Rangers dossier as well as threatening other clubs and was given leaked info from the SPFL to do so. 

Mulraney is known to be a particularly “aggressive “ businessman 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's the most lucid thing I've seen appear next to your username! ;)

Last line is a winner.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

True, spfl have ten statements prepared, marked 1to 10. Where 10 is full on boasting rights (ain't gonnae happen) , 9 through 7, sticking their chest out and 6 down 1, every excuse that God gave to man.

At the end of today, they may claim victory, but it will be a hollow victory and changes will have to be made.

2 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I’m damn proud of my Blinky Wanbaw But the sad thing is I will never match it 😂😂

You’ve got a great future behind you, DH!

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

BTW I've just thought of something, if we lose this by less than 5 votes then they're fucked. As it stands the now the voting is 1-6 in the favour of rejecting due to the clubs who are represented on the board the now. If the only reason an inquiry fails is because of the clubs on the board saving them theb they're fucked 

Absolutely correct mate.

Charlie Nicholas backs Rangers to the hilt as he makes 'mouthpiece' Rod McKenzie claim.

The 58-year-old Sky pundit has been in the Ibrox side's corner having issued several broadsides at the SPFL during an unsavory time in Scottish football history.

Former celtic star Charlie Nicholas believes Rangers' EGM D-DAY offers a chance to get 'the league cleaned out' at boardroom level.

The 58-year-old Sky pundit has been in the Ibrox side's corner having issued several broadsides at the SPFL during an unsavory time in Scottish football history.

All 42 clubs will go to the ballots on Tuesday to vote on Rangers' resolution for a independent investigation into the league body in the wake of the season-ending vote below the Premiership.

It comes after weeks of recriminations and statements that only heightened in the aftermath of the Ibrox side's 200-page dossier last Thursday.

And Nicholas also shared his own personal experiences with SPFL lawyer Rod McKenzie as called for a fresh start.

Speaking to the Daily Express, he said: "The document didn’t have a bombshell impact but it is still very much relevant.

"It was more about the small details and complications of what looks like unprofessional behaviour and there were enough points to merit the call for an inquiry.

"There has been growing support in recent days with Inverness and Partick Thistle backing the motion.

"I don’t see Rangers getting the 75 per cent of votes they need from SPL clubs for the resolution to be passed at today’s EGM, but even 50 per cent would still cast a major shadow over the SPFL board.

"There will be a lot of anger and I don’t think things will be fixed no matter which way the vote goes.

"If the resolution is passed I wouldn’t be surprised if SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster and some of his colleagues resigned before the investigation took place.

"I have agreed with Rangers from the outset that there should be an independent inquiry into the handling of the end-the-season vote.

"The allegations against Neil Doncaster, Rod McKenzie and Murdoch MacLennan all need to be investigated.

"I have had experience with legal advisor McKenzie and I know how much of a mouthpiece he can be when he goes after people. He tried it with me and didn’t win.

"I have always stood up for Doncaster but he has surrounded himself with people who seem to make the wrong decisions at the wrong time.

"This is a chance to get the league cleaned out and to make things more transparent because it has not been that way for a long time.

"The question is, though, if we do get change then who do we put in the next board?

"That is when the squabbling will start over again."

Ahm sittin' here tinkin'......... I agree wae Charlie Nicholas.

27 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

14 Yes votes (33%) to 21 (50%) is where I reckon we will end up which will make the SPFL very uncomfortable and call for heads to roll. Fingers crossed that I am being pessimistic and we end up with a democratic majority (22 votes or more)

I think even 14 votes is optimistic. I’m not sure it will even reach double figures 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

I was proud while it lasted 😂👍

Na ,Blinky Wanbaw will stick ,deserves to travel throughout the countries fanbases the same way The Thumb did when the Hearts fans came up with that 

Sadly your up against some political correctness 

10 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't know if I should post this in here, and I can't reveal my source, but I have it on good authority the statement if the resolution is passed is;

Get it right fucking up you, ya bunch of corrupt lying cunts!

Calm doon, I' m auld, but no deef. Fs 

Commons, Nicolas and English siding with us?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But seriously, it shows why this investigation needs to be done.

If our enemies are siding with us, then how the hell can neutrals or people closer to the centre ground not?

PS Chick Young, you're a thick wanker

Archived