Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

This from the nonces seem like a couple of digs to us:

This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise. It is the duty of everyone committed to the future of our game to make the best of this awful situation, and not the worst. 

We greatly regret the denigration of named individuals who have, on every occasion, acted upon decisions which were made by the board of the SPFL, representing all 42 clubs. The board and executive of the SPFL have operated under circumstances of unique difficulty in dealing with challenges of an unprecedented nature.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I don’t know, no. 

If you look at the fan media outlets closest to the club they are all continuing to say Rangers will take this further and go to court etc. So they’ve clearly been briefed that.

My own personal opinion is that we wont go down the court route. I also very much doubt Hearts or Thistle will either. 

I think your right.    

Just walk away from sky's new tv deal,  more than one way to skin these cunts and start by hitting them  very hard in the pocket.  

Sky only want us and celtic let's be honest about it, and no us no deal.  

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

I think your right.    

Just walk away from sky's new tv deal,  more than one way to skin these cunts and start by them in the pocket.  

Sky only want us and celtic let's be honest about it, and no us no deal.  

No Ranges agreement = no entry to league.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It will be interesting to see whether or not those loud-mouthed pundits and media clowns, who had previously and reluctantly agreed about the need for an inquiry, have suddenly changed those opinions.

Good point...

If they agreed that there’s a ‘need’ for an enquiry, that need does not suddenly go away because the majority of voting members decide they don’t want an enquiry. This just denotes that another vehicle must be utilised in bringing that enquire in to fruition, which with over 30% of members looking for one they would look foolish to say otherwise now...

8 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Said fuck all officially for weeks

Rousing speech at the EGM

Dead heat with SPFL for first statement released within an hour of the result

Speeches almost identical - large majority, Covid19, move on, Covid19, good of the game, Covid19, everything by the book, Covid19, focus on restarting, Covid19, no more action, Covid19

And no cunt will question their motives

The most corrupt club in history

Lawell  wanted  it to fail as if an Independent investigation into the Spfl it would have  shown up his hold over Scottish football and that he is running the people working there .

15 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Do you think we are going to take it further, or do you think we are done now?

I have a horrible feeling that we will get a statement about considering options and hint at going down a legal route, but nothing will materialise.

Had it been our previous chairman  who appeared to be having an identity crisis thinking he was tne reincarnation  of Brunel he was trying to build bridges that much, you may have been rightly worried but I think Park has the necessary determination  to see this through 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise. It is the duty of everyone committed to the future of our game to make the best of this awful situation, and not the worst. 

We greatly regret the denigration of named individuals who have, on every occasion, acted upon decisions which were made by the board of the SPFL, representing all 42 clubs. The board and executive of the SPFL have operated under circumstances of unique difficulty in dealing with challenges of an unprecedented nature.

What a load of utter dogshit :-(

From the DR..

But McKinnon went on: “I am happy to speak on the record. 

“I always keep notes from every meeting and I am sitting looking at those notes as we speak.

“On the Thursday, April 9 before the Good Friday vote - and I’ve got it here -  Scot Gardiner said he was working with Hearts and Rangers to put in a new resolution. He said they would try to put that resolution in before the vote so there would be two resolutions for clubs to vote on. 

“If not, and if the SPFL proposals were voted down, then they would try to push on with their own resolution - and that resolution was to void the season with no promotion and no relegation.

Really?

This is bad for the wanks.

Only 27 voted against the motion.  And we know 13 voted for it, probably based on the fact they were party to the dodgy goings on.  

That tells me that the vote in April was based on bad information and bullying, because if it wasn't why do 13 clubs WANT an investigation?  

The club need to consider the next step carefully. The status quo cannot be tolerated, with individuals in positions of power who by their words and actions despise our club. They will never let us complete our ascent to the top of the game, this has been evident both off and on the pitch over the course of the season. 

It's time for a coordinated effort, by the Rangers board and supporters to stand up to the corruption in our game. 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

You could almost imagine the speech from Al Pacino in the Godfather where he addresses the masses after his impeachment case collapses 

or a scene involving Toni Soprano

Just now, Heshootshescores said:

The club need to consider the next step carefully. The status quo cannot be tolerated, with individuals in positions of power who by their words and actions despise our club. They will never let us complete our ascent to the top of the game, this has been evident both off and on the pitch over the course of the season. 

It's time for a coordinated effort, by the Rangers board and supporters to stand up to the corruption in our game. 

There must be no retreat. Quite the opposite in fact. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

From the DR..

“I always keep notes from every meeting and I am sitting looking at those notes as we speak.

“On the Thursday, April 9 before the Good Friday vote - and I’ve got it here -  Scot Gardiner said he was working with Hearts and Rangers to put in a new resolution. He said they would try to put that resolution in before the vote so there would be two resolutions for clubs to vote on. 

“If not, and if the SPFL proposals were voted down, then they would try to push on with their own resolution - and that resolution was to void the season with no promotion and no relegation.

Really?

Another liar :-(

Well it's for the club to lead the way now, I've been impressed with them so far, their move.

It's going to be difficult, but we're just going to have to grin and bear all the media and club BS that's going to be floating for some time.

Let's see what happens now

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

From the DR..

Really?

He must have some size of notebook. 

29 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

celtic Football Club welcomes the decisive vote by SPFL clubs to reject a lawyer-led inquiry into the processes relating to the resolution approved last month with support from the vast majority of clubs. 

We are satisfied that there is no evidence of any wrongdoing by the board or executive and do not consider that such an inquiry is necessary.

We now appeal to all clubs to look to the future in the knowledge that the threats which exist to the fabric of Scottish football are grave and unprecedented. All of our energies should be applied to planning for the return of the game in season 2020-21 and to the financial survival of all our clubs.

This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise. It is the duty of everyone committed to the future of our game to make the best of this awful situation, and not the worst. 

We greatly regret the denigration of named individuals who have, on every occasion, acted upon decisions which were made by the board of the SPFL, representing all 42 clubs. The board and executive of the SPFL have operated under circumstances of unique difficulty in dealing with challenges of an unprecedented nature.

Although celtic are not directly involved in issues of promotion and relegation, we have great sympathy for clubs which will end up in a lower division. While we have been supportive of temporary reconstruction, celtic also understands the position of clubs who do not support league reconstruction at this time.

We recognise the hugely damaging effects that measures to counter the pandemic are inflicting on football clubs of all sizes across Scotland, Europe and beyond. It is the duty of everyone with the interests of football at heart to work for the greater good of securing the future of our sport.

In that spirit, celtic will play our part in ensuring the earliest possible safe return to something approaching normality. Our highest priority is the safety of our players and supporters and we are acutely aware that Scottish football’s current difficulties represent only a tiny part of the challenges faced by society as a whole.

... why would you write the bit in bold!? :lol: :lol: 

Wonder what their position would be if the tables were turned.

Don’t forget Bears it’s not 9IAR not when it’s been gifted and not won over a season.

4 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

Lawell  wanted  it to fail as if an Independent investigation into the Spfl it would have  shown up his hold over Scottish football and that he is running the people working there .

If I'm being honest that what its all about for me. Until we can get a level playing field then football in Scotland is irrelevant. His influence with the media's participation is losing us points and gaining them. Its imperative that we remove these bastards from having this power. 

Archived