Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

“This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise.”

Above is from the celtic statement. We all know the current crisis is due to Covid19, the spfl are at fault for how they’ve handled it.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This from the nonces seem like a couple of digs to us:

This current crisis is the fault of no individual or organisation and it would be irrational to suggest otherwise. It is the duty of everyone committed to the future of our game to make the best of this awful situation, and not the worst. 

We greatly regret the denigration of named individuals who have, on every occasion, acted upon decisions which were made by the board of the SPFL, representing all 42 clubs. The board and executive of the SPFL have operated under circumstances of unique difficulty in dealing with challenges of an unprecedented nature.

That’s good in a way - it quite clearly incriminates the SPFL Board, for whatever we can get after them for.

A wee point that does strike me, six weeks ago we resembled a club with no back bone and no support in the face of a cabal.  

Today a 3rd of clubs lead by us have voted against them and I very much doubt we are even nearly done. 

That’s finally progress - it’s not anything like success but it’s a shift in the right direction.   Taking the bastards on is a shift. 

Personally I’d hit a point where I couldn’t take any more of seeing us rolling over. 

Don’t know about anyone else but can you honestly be bothered going through yet more court cases I know it’s probably necessary but this is never ending.

just bring the fitba back

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

From the DR..

But McKinnon went on: “I am happy to speak on the record. 

“I always keep notes from every meeting and I am sitting looking at those notes as we speak.

“On the Thursday, April 9 before the Good Friday vote - and I’ve got it here -  Scot Gardiner said he was working with Hearts and Rangers to put in a new resolution. He said they would try to put that resolution in before the vote so there would be two resolutions for clubs to vote on. 

“If not, and if the SPFL proposals were voted down, then they would try to push on with their own resolution - and that resolution was to void the season with no promotion and no relegation.

Really?

Jesus Christ

what a pointless thing to say. He keeps notes - absolutely irrelevant.  the only notes  that matter are the official minutes.  And if there were to be an investigation, anything that were be taken on board would have to be independently verifiable.

These people are running Scottish Football?   

5 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

There must be no retreat. Quite the opposite in fact. 

If legal action were to be pursued it would surely be headed by us.

Hearts and certainly Partick don’t have anywhere near the means to take the remaining association members to court successfully and come out unscathed as a functioning business  

3 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Nearly 15% of the vote was made up of SPFL board members. Was doomed from the start. 

Our next steps are crucial.  

We have next to no chance with it when you look at it that way what is it 7 clubs have someone on spfl but 1 is Stewart Robertson. Who are the other 6 again? 

Just now, RWB72 said:

Don’t know about anyone else but can you honestly be bothered going through yet more court cases I know it’s probably necessary but this is never ending.

It’s folk like you they let on to the Clyde 1 phone in 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

About Rangers resolution wanting to null and void season?

That’s quite the allegation.

About caley  thistle pursuing N&V don’t recall them saying it was Rangers resolution. 

I may be wrong and if so I stand corrected

5 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

We have no future with These in charge.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He’s got an attic :lol: 

Given what he earns, I wouldn't be surprised if he had

An attic

basement

5 bedroom house 

double garage

and the same again in Portugal/Spain/France

6 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Nearly 15% of the vote was made up of SPFL board members. Was doomed from the start. 

Our next steps are crucial.  

I still say that all board members should have recused themselves (even us) as its a clear conflict of interest. After all it's a resolution that calls for an investigation into their conduct.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

About Rangers resolution wanting to null and void season?

That’s quite the allegation.

Rangers have repeatedly said the season must be played to a finish,if possible.Rangers have never uttered N&V but hey,don't let the truth get in the way of another sound bite ;-) Tarrier lead MSM have much to answer for ;-(

Just now, Malkster said:

AN Attic

basement

5 bedroom house 

double garage

He doesnt even own a house in Scotland. He's co sharing a house in East Kilbride with another tenant. 

1 minute ago, Malkster said:

An attic

basement

5 bedroom house 

double garage

But he’s got no bookshelves, everyone else shows their bookshelves to show  how intelligent they are :lol:

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I don’t know, no. 

If you look at the fan media outlets closest to the club they are all continuing to say Rangers will take this further and go to court etc. So they’ve clearly been briefed that.

My own personal opinion is that we wont go down the court route. I also very much doubt Hearts or Thistle will either. 

Hearts and Partick have different issues ,Hearts maybe don’t think Thistle have the funding to fight it ,plus they have the balance of not having so much to lose as Hearts financially 

Archived