Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Dunno why you’re telling me this 

Because you stared clubs cant change votes from yes to no. I am pointing out some clubs may have a valid argument for why the should be able to  

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm smelling some season ticket PR on here now tbh . "this will take a long time "  

We better be making moves asp or fans will be not renewing in their droves 

Sorry to say e j I haven't got a season ticket cause I work most weekends but the hard working Rangers fans that expect the club not to sit there and take it up the arse and  give up their season tickets will be replaced with the type that congratulates THEM on a trophy that they never won out right. 

58 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

They're not calling the Premier League yet, that's why Hearts haven't been relegated and the scum arent "Champions".

The vote was to end the lower leagues, with the Premiership being called at a later date.

Or have they moved the goalposts again.

Sorry mate but I do NOT believe in Santa or garden fairies.

Anne Budgie can sing all she likes, but there will NOT be reconstruction, so she's fucked, just like her team.

They never mentioned relegation cos  they'll make an offer to  Partick to keep them onside.

Taigs will get their tainted title.

Unless, of course, Rangers do have a bomb.

It really isn't hard to figure out.

Stranraer statement

TO ALL Stranraer FC supporters.

Firstly, we sincerely hope that all our supporters and their families are remaining safe and well at this time.

It has been widely reported in recent days of the ongoing SPFL resolution whereby all 42 Scottish League Clubs were asked to vote on whether the 2019/20 season be concluded forthwith, with current Championship, League One, and a League Two placings declared as final and the outstanding monies paid to all member clubs based on these positions.

Stranraer FC voted NO to this resolution based on the following considerations and facts.

At this unprecedented time we felt unanimously as a Committee that no football club, Stranraer FC or any other should be at a detriment due to this horrendous situation. It is grossly unfair that any club should be relegated from their respective League whilst a quarter of the season still remains.

We strongly felt that at this time more than any other that Scottish Football should demonstrate the absolute philosophy of real "sporting integrity" in order to ensure a collective responsibility to all member clubs.

Further, it has been well reported that the SPFL conveniently combined the voting process with that of final league places being declared and that all clubs would receive their outstanding prize money. However, it has retrospectively come to light that this was disingenuous in that the SPFL could have - and for that matter still have - the power to advance monies to member clubs on an interim or provisional basis as loans, pending confirmation of final payments.

Therefore, Stranraer FC take exception that this fact was not disclosed to all member clubs prior to the commencement of the ballot process. Prior to any formal ballot/voting process it is critical that all involved are furnished with all of the relevant facts, to afford every club the opportunity to cast their requisite vote based on these.

This was not the case. We were incensed that the SPFL decided to release a formal statement prior to the conclusion of the formal ballot process publicly disclosing the results at that juncture,

This statement was completely inappropriate, and we further considered it to be potentially both prejudicial and leading in its content.

Whilst remaining with the final payment to clubs. Stranraer would challenge some of the recent figures published via various press and media outlets as being wholly inaccurate and undoubtedly misleading.

From the figures being reported, the largest majority of the payments referred has already been received by member clubs, as it is paid in instalments throughout the season, so despite the articles that have claimed Stranraer FC were due to receive anywhere between £25,000 and £75,000, to the complete contrary, we will in fact receive only a nominal amount that would not even meet that of one week's wage bill.

In recent days, Stranraer FC have seen reports pertaining to us and other clubs potentially being financially compensated for any detriment imposed by way of the Resolution being adopted - in our case to be relegated. Notwithstanding this or any other similar discussion, our position will remain consistent throughout in that we will challenge any proposal that leaves our club at any detriment in relation to our current league status.

Stranraer FC fully support the legal submission shared by Partick Thistle with all member clubs and the SPFL on Tuesday 14th April in that the current SPFL proposal is legally flawed, and the SPFL’s failure to adhere to a proper process to date is most definitely subject to legal challenge. Our Chairman, Iain Dougan has consistently stated that Stranraer would be in favour of no team being relegated in Scotland, and league reconstruction as a fair and positive way forward to include all member clubs, inclusive of our Highland & Lowland League colleagues as part of any potential agreed resolution.

Finally, we remain committed to working alongside all member club colleagues, via meaningful and purposeful consultation, to best agree the most suitable way forward for Scottish Football - without any remedy being introduced whereupon it’s only the few that are to be penalised.

We will of course continue to keep all our supporters updated.

In the meantime, we sincerely hope that you each continue to remain safe.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm smelling some season ticket PR on here now tbh . "this will take a long time "  

We better be making moves asp or fans will be not renewing in their droves 

Playing the ‘long game’ mate.

It’ll end when they’ve got the money in...

Got to say though, it’s a bit of a high risk strategy, so you’ve got to hope there is something good in the pipeline.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

Because you stared clubs cant change votes from yes to no. I am pointing out some clubs may have a valid argument for why the should be able to  

I’m aware they’ll have an argument but does anyone have the balls to make the argument? Probably not 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I still don't understand how they can relegate Partick whilst they have played a game less which would move them off th bottom if they were to win it, imagine we were a point behind the filth with a game in hand against St Johnstone....their is no way the final league placing would stand

They might crown champions without relegation and promotion. They’ve not made a decision on that yet.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52297066

Fucking knew it.  Dundeee played the two Thistles and have left them looking like two-bit mugs.  That's the bottom three leagues along with (seperately) the Highland and Lowland all declaring top and bottom.  There's no chance the SPFL aren't following suit and putting the financial guru-granny that is Anne Budge in charge of the task force to look into reconstruction kind of adds weight to it.

We should have been more proactive before the SPFL got to the stage of putting a proposal out to vote but can someone explain what the fuck Stewart Robertson has been up to on the SPFL board all this time because I sure as fuck don't know.

I don’t think we have any real evidence that isn’t already out. At the time we issued that statement it was probably  on the basis of the WhatsApp’s and a feeling they had conspired to bury/reverse the no vote (which they probably did). SPFL aren’t acting like they think we have more. 
Hopefully we or Thistle go for an interim interdict to stop the resolution being implemented. Winning that is the only way I see this unravelling now. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Even when there are obvious, possibly illegal, reasons why the vote should be looked at. 

There should be a full and independent enquiry into all of this.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

IF we do have a nuclear bomb, there is no longer any point in delaying it now and absolutely no need not to serve notice that legal action will now follow.

They are on the front foot and have no intention of stepping back. 

They have called our bluff, so over to our board.

We need it to be an independent panel still. If we don’t get one of those then perhaps they are intending on just releasing whatever they have into the mainstream. However, for the maximum effect this vote had to be passed imo.

Archived