Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely off topic but I watched  the old WW2 Veteran Tom Moore on Good Morning Britain there, he has done 96 laps of his garden and should do the last 4 today taking him up to 100 before his 100th birthday and he has already raised more than £12M for the NHS,

I was humbled by his humility and morals,  then I look at the box of frogs running/ruining our game who have zero of old Toms qualities and that makes me glad I am on the side of the good guys.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fan power is all we have left unfortunately most of the fans out there are happier to get arse fucked by the Fenians than be seen to be backing Rangers in an effort to make change. 

That is the saddest part of this. 

I think this situation is very different from 2012. I genuinely think a huge majority of fans across all teams (except the taigs and those crass cretins at dundee hibs) will not be too impressed with how this has been handled and dealt with. 

Supporter numbers will be down when next season begins. I expect that will be in reaction to the downright corrupt shambles of the last week.

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm gobsmacked at the events of yesterday. 

It's amazing how many of the smaller clubs allowed that farcical of a vote to continue without protesting that the SPFL had duped them.  They were all willing to take a bite of the  'reconstruction carrot' and turn their back on a handful of clubs that will go to the wall because of this decision. Shame on them! I hope Partick Thistle go to town on them now.

They allowed themselves to be blackmailed with their own money and relegated some of their fellow member clubs into the bargain. 

9 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I think this situation is very different from 2012. I genuinely think a huge majority of fans across all teams (except the taigs and those crass cretins at dundee hibs) will not be too impressed with how this has been handled and dealt with. 

Supporter numbers will be down when next season begins. I expect that will be in reaction to the downright corrupt shambles of the last week.

Hope you’re right mate. 

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The main focus is clearing out the SPFL board. So how do we go about getting an ‘independent’ inquiry? We can’t have McLennan being part of it as we know what he is!

The whole board should be disbanded and an outside company brought in to run the league affairs. 

32 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Roles reversed then there is no way I’d have wanted this title. 
The world has gone tits up and Scottish football has embarrassed itself again over the handling of this. 
Between our horrible nationalist government and our fuckwit of a football authority our country is truly fucked. It’s a fucking cesspit 

Roles reversed we wouldnt have the choice,  they would have null and voided all the leagues.

How can we think about football when theres thousands dying etc etc? Cant be handing out titles and relegating teams when theres plenty game left blah blah blah - pretty sure the corrupt bassas would be taking completely different action if we were top

Yesterday afternoon’s announcement that Dundee FC has re-cast its vote, in support of the SPFL’s written resolution of 8th April leaves me both disillusioned and bitterly disappointed. 

Believe me when I say that I know that you, our supporters, will be equally disappointed and indeed angry. As I have said previously, I believe the whole process has been incredibly badly handled and shows Scottish Football in a very poor light.  The reasons for Hearts and others voting against this resolution have been well-documented and, sadly, anyone who believes this decision will draw a line under the whole matter, is in my opinion being optimistic indeed.  Suffice to say that I believe the SPFL should have admitted that errors had been made in the handling of this resolution, withdrawn it and asked Clubs to revote.  The outcome may have been the same but at least some of the criticisms would have been addressed.

However, it is now of paramount importance that we do not give up in our efforts to right this wrong.  We will continue to fight for this.  I have said from the outset that it was imperative that we find a solution that ensures no club is penalised by relegation in a situation where the leagues cannot be finished. The financial consequences are enormous. Many others agree with that view.  While some clubs may lose out to an extent in terms of what “might have been”, the 3 clubs in relegation spots with many points still to play for, face financial consequences that no-one appears to feel are either fair or reasonable.  This is what must now be addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons.

Over the past week Hearts have been working to fully understand the consequences, financial and otherwise, of possible changes for next season.  We will continue to do so, working with other member clubs and supported by the SPFL, where required, to put through the changes needed to right the potential wrongs of relegation in this situation.  We will speak to all 42 clubs and discuss options in a totally open and transparent manner and do our very best to win their support.

I have been told by a number of clubs that they are keen to find a way to work together to find a solution which we can all get behind.

While Hearts have not at this time been relegated, Partick Thistle and Stranraer have.  This should not be happening and we will do everything in our power to find a solution with a positive outcome that works, not just for the 3 clubs in relegation spots, but for all of Scottish Football.

New Hearts statement

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-statement-16-april-2020

I hope we do go for the interdict and I hope the first club to go to the wall is Hearts.

The whole point of this has been lost- it’s been railroaded through to make tarriers champions with money dangled in front of teams when the SPFL can provide the money without ending seasons

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I hope we do go for the interdict and I hope the first club to go to the wall is Hearts.

The whole point of this has been lost- it’s been railroaded through to make tarriers champions with money dangled in front of teams when the SPFL can provide the money without ending seasons

Bingo!!

5 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

While some clubs may lose out to an extent in terms of what “might have been”, the 3 clubs in relegation spots with many points still to play for, face financial consequences that no-one appears to feel are either fair or reasonable.

Just go ahead and name us directly, you turncoat bint.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually never minded Hearts, they went through some form of admin as well, some fans are pricks but as a club they’ve been generally ok the past few years

Up there with the ones I absolutely despise the most now. 

I fucking hate Hearts, their fans are 'we saved our club, yous didn't " then I remind them they got a zero pence in the pound CVA from Ukas Bankas. They saved fuck all.

In fact some of them didn't even know that, some fucking fans.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually never minded Hearts, they went through some form of admin as well, some fans are pricks but as a club they’ve been generally ok the past few years

Up there with the ones I absolutely despise the most now. 

Got to agree, they try to take the moral high ground here and say how they are going to fight it, blah, blah, blah then call out about "temporary" restructure. Absolute fucking sellouts and they along with any other team that know of the corruption at hand that still take deals deserve everything coming their way.

Trying to appease a little now Budge, you have all been shown up for what you are, spineless  gutless and pander to the papish cabal.

I for one hope  we as a club ensure that we dont continue to line all your pockets

Archived